Where does 130 words fit?

TerraAnn

Alias: Anastasia Beaverhausen ;)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
terraannpitre.webs.com
Hey everyone! I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question (I'm still new to alot of the terms and everything, so bare with me, lol). I usually write novel length stories (My most recent being roughly 55,000 words). But there is a tiny story I wrote a few years ago and still have. It's only 130 words. So it's very very tiny. Where would that fit? Would it fit in Flash Fiction, or is there an even shorter style of fiction that this would be placed in?

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, it would count as flash fiction. There are other terms that might also apply, depending on whose definitions you're using, but it's within the range for flash length, which can be up to 1000 word-ish in some cases.

TerraAnn

Alias: Anastasia Beaverhausen ;)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
terraannpitre.webs.com
Yes, it would count as flash fiction. There are other terms that might also apply, depending on whose definitions you're using, but it's within the range for flash length, which can be up to 1000 word-ish in some cases.

Oh good. I was afraid it wouldn't qualify here and there would be no category I could place it in. Thanks so much for the quick answer! I appreciate it :)

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, my reply was more generic in nature. But for this place, yes definitely, there's a sticky (post) that says up to 1000 words. In the outside world, depends on context.

scottprotege

Registered
Reaction score
Wow I have such a hard time keeping flash fiction under 750 words. I would be interested to read a complete story in under 200

holy_shiitake

KB1VWJ
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes a story as short as yours can be called microfiction, too. :)

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
There is a website called '100 word story' that might be fun for you to read, if you are interested. Google it, or I can get you the link later.