Status
Not open for further replies.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed. :D

Morning, Dan. Two days in a row you're here? It's amazing. ;)

Well, I'm off to take ready the little soaps for school.

Be back later. Maybe. :hi:

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
:Shrug: You pour it in a glass?

:D

Do you mean how do you make it? Or how do you serve it?
I have no idea how you make it. I just get it from the store. :tongue

How you serve it...
I put it in coffee. Or put 7Up in it sometimes. You can use it as a mixer, too. Whiskey is good in it. Um...:idea: I can't think of anything else. Normally, though, you just have it plain. Like milk. But it's pretty rich. Really only all I can tolerate is about a splash. My stomach does flip flops with more than that. :eek:

I was hoping someone would have a recipe for eggnog. We don't have it here so I cannot follow your 'example' and buy it from the store...:(

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need a new computer. This thing has gotten so slow and every anti-bot/clean-up program I run doesn't help.
Back up your files. Wipe. Reformat. That's the only thing that works for me. :Shrug:

If you can't afford to upgrade to a newer operating system even reinstalling your old one could help.

Memory sticks are reasonably priced, too, I think. You know, little boosters to help the thing run faster.

Some options instead of getting an entirely new computer.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
My desktop is a 2003.

It crawls through the internet. I only use for work though, so it's not really that big of a deal. For any actual internetting I use my laptop.

You might be able to find a good deal this weekend, Ted. Amazon, BestBuy, and Office Depot have all hit my inbox this week with sale emails. I haven't looked at them, so I can't say what exactly is on sale though.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I need to add a 4GB memory stick (I have 2 plus a 2 GB and will have another 8, 16, or 32 this weekend - I have around a terabyte of storage space available as well and might pick up a 1 or 2 TB portable drive this weekend) to my desktop at work and let the desktop use it as virtual memory. I keep forgetting you can do that.

They gave me administrator privileges on my computer at work too so I now have GIMP on that machine as well (and will soon have Dragon Naturally speaking as soon as I can find the disk for it).

My boss's goal, which he informed me about today, is for me to have all the time studies and setup forms for Tge machine shop updated in 5-6 weeks. Oh, joy.

:)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need a new computer. This thing has gotten so slow and every anti-bot/clean-up program I run doesn't help.

I think my parents are going to be in a similar boat. I gave them my old iBook when I upgraded (Dad doesn't need anything faster or fancier, and by the time he needs to upgrade, so will I - so he'll get this one), and while it was running fine, my niece's stellar POS of a live-in baby daddy spilled an ice tea all over it.

I am taking it to the Mac store in Pittsburgh tomorrow, largely for the formality of having it declared DOA.

... And as an excuse to hit what has been promised to be a very awesome tea shop.

:Coffee:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
You know, I've had Microsoft send me 3 updates in 72 hours. I loaded all of them. After the last one, I rebooted and ran a bot killer, which came back clean. Now it's running okay. I still have no idea what program is constantly loading stuff. I've run all the cleaning/anti-bot apps I can find.

If I can get a boot disk, I'll be doing Soapy's option because it basically all I can afford right now. I can't wait until I win the lottery.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Someone is eating my tail? You could've at least tapped me on the shoulder first or something...sheesh.

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
I liked the turkeydragon

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
Night!

Whatcha ya doing here this late?

Status