Increase google pr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi. Whenever I try to get someone to do an interview or post, they always check my google pr and say no because my pr is 0. I'm wondering how to increase that to at least 1. I guest blog in a few places so I get good backlinks and I've linked to my blog in a number of different places. I also have more followers than one blog I follow which has a pr of 2. I don't really understand why my pr is bad (the first blog in sig). How come blogs which seem to be less popular than mine have a higher pr? I don't really know how google pr works, so what can I do to increase it? Please help!

Deleted member 42

What veinglory said.

You want quality incoming links.

The best way to get them is to participate in the conversation, and thereby, build community.

You comment on smart, interesting posts on related (and even unrelated blogs). Not just with a "me too," but actually engaging in the conversation. You include your link via the usual form, but you don't pimp your blog. You're a visitor in someone's living room; be polite.

If you're engaged, and interesting, people will check you out. And participate in YOUR conversation, and maybe, link to you in a post.

And you link to other on topic, appropriate smart posts on other people's blogs. Again, this is participating in the conversation, and in a genuine way. Don't just link-drop, or pimp your blog. No one likes a "link whore."

Make sure you're writing as carefully, and real, as you can in your posts. Link to other related posts. Use descriptive text in your links, and use specific post titles.

And good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you both so much!

jkkaplan

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Medievalist, I was just going to say 'get good links' but you had a great answer. I definitely learned something new.

creativewriting

Registered
Reaction score
You mainly need to build relevant links to your site. However, PR doesn't mean as much as it used to back in 08'.

SkyDancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
As mentioned before, quality backlinks contribute to a higher Google PR. Which means: links from pages with a high Google PR count more than links from pages with a lower Google PR. It's a complicated system and it might have changed since the last time I was directly involved in that topic, but that's one of the things I think they didn't change.

Also, usually it is worth more if a backlink comes from a website with a high PR which a) doesn't have many backlinks and b) where the link to your site isn't listed as one of many, such as a link collection, blog roll or something like that.

What is your site/blog about? If it is about a special topic, it is usually better if the link to your site isn't just the name of your site, but rather a descriptive sentence with a few topic-relevant keywords. Example: the hyperlink Learn more about green table spoons would be better for you if one of your website's focus is table spoons than the name of your website: DinnerTableHaven.com. (Hope you get the idea.)

There are several websites out there where you can advertise your blog for free and put it into a certain category along with a description. Have you tried that already?

The most important thing is and remains content, though. If you have some advice to offer or something like that, why don't you put it into a nice .pdf-file and make it available for a free download? (Just a suggestion.)

As I said before, I'm not really uptodate with the latest Google PR and SEO developments, but I think all of the things above still apply.

Dazopaul

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Make sure you're composing as properly, and actual, as you can in your content. Weblink to other relevant content. Use illustrative written text in your hyperlinks, and use particular publish headings. . . . . .

Samball49

Registered
Reaction score
Quality links from your friends in the blogging community always help!

Status
Not open for further replies.