• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Samhain Publishing

JamesAllen

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I submitted on that first day. I also got the reply from the auto-responder saying they weren't accepting manuscripts yet.

And, no, it wasn't a revision. I just decided to send the full because they said it was okay to do that.

No worries. I've sent it to Wild Rose--this time, it *is* a revision. They'd expressed some interest earlier this year. Fingers crossed.

Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to everyone else!

Thanks, seaaircarol! Oh what I meant was did you resub to Samhain after they returned your manuscript with comments.
Good luck with Wild Rose!

And thanks, Sonarbabe, for the inside information.:)

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, seaaircarol! Oh what I meant was did you resub to Samhain after they returned your manuscript with comments.
Good luck with Wild Rose!

Thanks. And no, it wasn't a resub. It was my first try at submitting to Samhain.

JamesAllen

Registered
Reaction score
Just thought I'd let everyone know......Samhain responded and they want to see my entire manuscript. :)

Apryl

Oh yayyy! What a good way to start the weekend. :D Congrats, Apryl!
I hope you get a quick yes on the full.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Just thought I'd let everyone know......Samhain responded and they want to see my entire manuscript. :)

Apryl

Woo hoo! Here's a dancin' Snoopy to celebrate! :snoopy:

Keeping fingers and toes crossed - would cross my eyes, but my mother always said they'd stay that way if I did! :D

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Apry.

:) keeping my fingers and toes crossed when I'm not typing, at least with my fingers.

Cheers, Josie

Can hardly wait to hear :)

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
I got a reject on my request for full this week from Samhain, but it was such a great reject that it was almost (almost) as good as an acceptance. :) Lindsey McGurk had my fantasy for only three weeks or so before I heard back, so it could be they get fewer submissions of SF and fantasy than other genres so the turn-around times are faster. I must say, Ms. McGurk seems like a fantastic editor--she completely pinned the problem with my manuscript and I'm actually having fun going through and fixing things--and she's very professional and seems quite nice.

Emily, do you have any tips on what Samhain's looking for in the fantasy genre at the moment? I mean, tips besides "read my book," which I'm intending to do anyway. :)

JamesAllen

Registered
Reaction score
I got a reject on my request for full this week from Samhain, but it was such a great reject that it was almost (almost) as good as an acceptance. :)

I'm sorry you got a rejection, Saanen, even if Samhain's rejections are less painful than others. :hug: Glad you're having fun revising, though. I hope you get the acceptance on the next go-round.

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about your rejection, Saanen.

Nothing original I can say except "keep chugging along", which I'm sure you are doing :)

Cheers

Aprylwriter

i am dragon. roar.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thank you, Josie. :)

I'm sorry about that, Saanen....keep trying!! And definitely listen to the Editor's feedback, they know what they're doing rofl.

Apryl

Lady Fae

I was hoping I would find information on this publisher. I just introduced myself in another post but I submitted to them on 9/25. Wish me luck ;).

Lady Fae

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it.:cry:

Did you get comments? One interesting thing that happened to me was first I got a standard rejection. Then, a few weeks later, I got a more detailed rejection, citing the problems they had with my ms. I asked if I could work on the issues and resubmit. Although they said no, they said they liked my writing and would gladly look at other submissions.

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it.:cry:

Did you get comments? One interesting thing that happened to me was first I got a standard rejection. Then, a few weeks later, I got a more detailed rejection, citing the problems they had with my ms. I asked if I could work on the issues and resubmit. Although they said no, they said they liked my writing and would gladly look at other submissions.

No. I thought that was odd, too, because I have heard they usually do send along some form of critique or reasons for the rejection, but in my case that didn't happen.