The MTS Braggatorium

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the contract Ken. Hope they help the series kick serious butt. Kudos on the cover Bflo and Sheadakota. Get that promo machine cranking BJ. Sounds like Section 8 and Peter have a great relationship forming...you go!

Guess I'll break out the news that HOWLING MOUNTAIN BLUES is now available in paperback on Amazon and Barking Rain Press. It'll be available in e-book soon at a variety of online venues.

http://www.amazon.com/Ricky-Bush/e/B0073QET3S/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1427840835&sr=1-2-ent

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Daddyo.:Clap:

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
Belated congrats to Daddyo on the paperback publication. I’m guessing by now the e-book has hit the virtual shelves?

And I’m letting loose a giant Waahhoooooo today because I just learned I’m now an Active Member of the Private Eye Writers of America, based on a private investigator short story I sold.

Waahhoooooo!

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, nice one, pdichellis. Congrats.

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
My mystery/crime story “Asleep or Afraid” got shortlisted at Criminal Element’s quarterly ezine The M.O., so a 250 word sample is posted there (link below).

For those unfamiliar with The M.O., it’s a pro-paying market for 1000-1500 word themed stories. The editors post samples of finalist stories and readers vote for the story they’d most like to read in its entirety. That story gets posted at 5c/word, and all finalists are eligible for a year-end anthology, also 5c/word.

Four finalist samples are free to read here and if you register on the site, you can vote for whichever one most intrigues you to read further.

Best wishes,
Peter

mgarwood

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble getting emails when threads are updated. I belong to six threads including this one and have sent four messages over the last three weeks to Absolute Write asking why I am not being notified anymore when the threads are updated and I have not received a single response back from Absolute Write. Maybe they should remove the contact us section at the bottom of the page.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Mgarwood, you have to visit the site to continue being notified. It won't send an email for every new post. You can ask in Tech Help; they'll know more.

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
My mystery/crime story “Asleep or Afraid” got shortlisted at Criminal Element’s quarterly ezine The M.O., so a 250 word sample is posted there (link below).

Four finalist samples are free to read here and if you register on the site, you can vote for whichever one most intrigues you to read further.

Best wishes,
Peter

There's still time to vote! Criminal Element’s quarterly ezine The M.O. is open for voting through Weds night (11:59pm).

My story “Asleep or Afraid” is one of four shortlisted finalists!! Thanks to all who’ve voted, tweeted and retweeted the news, and offered me words of support and encouragement.

Best wishes,
Peter

PS – While you’re there, check the submission guidelines. Quarterly calls and a year-end anthology, 5c/word.

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
A final, giant thank you to all who voted, tweeted, retweeted, and gave words of support and encouragement re: my shortlisted Criminal Element/ The M.O. story.

Alas, another story pulled the most votes. But mine is still eligible for the year-end anthology, so I’ll wait a few months with my fingers crossed. (A familiar task for all of us, right?)

Best wishes,
Peter

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
New news! My story “Mysterious Private Investigations” (about 2,000 words) is now free to read at Plan B Mystery Magazine.

The story was published in Plan B’s Volume V anthology earlier this year, and originally appeared in the private eye anthology The Shamus Sampler. (Both anthologies are available through Amazon and other ebook sellers.)

To support this market, which pays writers but posts free stories for readers, I’ll donate $1 to Plan B for every comment readers leave - good, bad, or just hello – up to a total of $10.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
That's so awesome, Peter! Congratulations :hooray:

This is different, bittersweet. First, the good news: I'm so honored that "In a Shard of the Bedroom Mirror" will be out Spring 2016 in Veils, Halos and Shackles: International Poets on the Oppression and Empowerment of Women from Kasva Press. Here's this week's press release:

Words kill….
But words can also heal

The December 2012 rape and murder of Jyoti Singh Pandey in Delhi moved thousands of people to pour into the streets in protest. Veils, Halos, and Shackles: International Poetry on the Oppression and Empowerment of Women was conceived in response to that vicious gang-rape and to the unprecedented public activism for women’s safety that followed it.
The anthology includes nearly 200 poems by poets from dozens of countries — from Brazil to Bangladesh, and from New Zealand to Nigeria. Many of the contributors are among the most accomplished living poets.

More info at:
http://www.kasvapress.com/veils-hal...-poetry-on-the-abuse-and-oppression-of-women/

While this is True Crime, I think most of us study true cases to prepare to write fiction. These poems just explode with the emotions, and the TRUTHS, of abuse, oppression and recovery. Most of the poets—especially Dr Fishman, Aesthetica's poet of the year (2014),whose accolades include the 2012New Millennium Award for Poetry, the Paterson Award for Excellence in Literature (four times), the 1989 American Library Association Outstanding Book of the Year recognition for The Death Mazurka, which was also nominated for the 1990 Pulitzer Prize, and the 1987 Gertrude B. Claytor Memorial Award from the Poetry Society of America.—as you can see (these folks) are much more accomplished than me. While I rarely share my poems and am more known for fiction, readers will find much of the same intensity and unpredictable emotion in my verse. I highly recommend the anthology for both enjoyment and research—worldwide, next spring.

I'm so grateful they announced Veils... this week. The bittersweet news? At the same time, my current publisher, Buzz Books is reverting my rights. They have been inactive for a year now so it's a relief to regain control of my books on good terms. I can't say enough about the support they gave Distortion while active and how respectably they are wrapping this up. They will publish only the owner's books for now but might come back later.

So as of Monday—ish, Distortion and Retribution will be out of print until I decide what to do with them. (Used paperbacks will remain available.) Distortion truly changed my writing life and I only wish everyone could have such a positive first publishing experience.

Last edited:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations and commiserations, Lucie. :Hug2: