• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need a Writing Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
My email is collecting cobwebs. I think I get about 3 to 5 emails a week, and most of them are disappointments.

I'm a YA writer. I like to write mystery/suspense with a romantic touch in it, (not always tho.) Right now I'm revising one of them and it's lonely going through it. I don't need feedback or a beta, just someone I could talk to about writing in general. I am savvy with YA agents and publishers so if you're looking to submit I could help you. We could swap chapters every now and then too if you like.

Just having someone email and say, "Hey what's up?" would be joyful enough. PM or write here, thanks.

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a YA writer, I write romance, but I love having writing buddies to chat to. I'd also like an excuse for checking my email that isn't waiting for rejection letters to come rolling in ;)

If you want, check out my profile and see if I seem like an interesting person to you. If so, you can PM me and I'll get in touch with you. Whatever happens, I hope you find an awesome writing buddy.

JadeVarden

Registered
Reaction score
I write in the exact same genre, and I'll be happy to be your buddy also. You can holler at me on Twitter or through my blog.

Vortex Theory

Registered
Reaction score
I need a writing friend too, and the kitty in your avatar looks a lot like mine! I write I don't even know what, I guess it's sci-fi fantasy, probably not YA, but I do need someone to keep me motivated. And to say "hey" occasionally because otherwise all I get in my inbox is the "Recipe of the Day" :tongue

dragonangel517

A.K.A CoffeeWench
Registered
Reaction score
I am always looking for writing buddies. Anyone can pm me here to get my email addy.

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
feel free to pm me with your email and i will send back :)

Stephanie Witter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm also always looking for writing friends. It's always great to be able to talk about books, our projects and everything else. If anyone want to contact me, feel free to send me a PM and I'll give you my email.
And if you're wondering what I write, YA and new-adult so far.

hellocheney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
hellocheney.wordpress.com
I am brand new here to the water cooler and would love some folks to talk to. I write across all genres but right now I am working on a contemporary YA romance adventure.

I would love to chat with any/all of you.

Sheluvspink

IA-Romance Editing at 84,000k
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im up for a writing buddy. Even aside from a beta or crit partner. Especially someone whose going through the submission process for the first time, or someone who wants to mentor me who is a vet to it. It seems a little overwhelming LBS. I'm here though if anyone is interested :)

HughBLong

Registered
Reaction score
Glad I checked the forum!

I was just throwing put a call for writing partners on Facebook.

Ok, a little about me: I write speculative fiction for the adult market, but also some work for younger readers. I've been writing non-fiction for years and write full time. Last year I made the shift to writing fiction, and have taken courses at University, read dozens of writing books, and written a couple of hundred thousand words of fiction.

I am entirely self-published, and eke out a very modest living.

So, I'm looking to find someone to exchange work for comment, review, advice etc. I'm hoping to pair up with someone with similar writing interests. Speculative fiction covers SF, Fantasy, Horror, Supernatural etc. so my interests are reasonably broad.

Feel free to check me out at

www.hughblong.com - fiction
www.eoghanodinsson.com - non-fiction

Get in touch if you're interested in discussing some kind of collaboration.

Bet wishes!

Hugh

srgalactica

Registered
Reaction score
I could certainly use some writing buddies. Anyone on AW is welcome to PM me anytime or email me. If it's your first time emailing me, just let me know your from AW :)

Feel free to look at my profile. I write fantasy novels, but I read adult and YA fantasy as well as Urban Fantasy and Contemporary Fantasy.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
My email is collecting cobwebs. I think I get about 3 to 5 emails a week, and most of them are disappointments.

I'm a YA writer. I like to write mystery/suspense with a romantic touch in it, (not always tho.) Right now I'm revising one of them and it's lonely going through it. I don't need feedback or a beta, just someone I could talk to about writing in general. I am savvy with YA agents and publishers so if you're looking to submit I could help you. We could swap chapters every now and then too if you like.

Just having someone email and say, "Hey what's up?" would be joyful enough. PM or write here, thanks.

I'll email you. I have no one to talk to about writing. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.