Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
My novel No Turning Back is a free e-book today through my publisher! Please get it!!!!!! It's contemporary adventure/romance.

www.jms-books.com

The punishment for a seventh-grade dropout runaway is probably pretty harsh, but Ash Barker doesn't care. She can’t waste time or emotions on anyone but her brother, Matt. They were placed in separate foster homes, so Ash runs away to find him. If she fails, she’s headed back to juvenile detention.

Everything is going right on schedule until two kids, Dayna and Kevin, barge into her hideout -- which just happens to be in their house. She ditches the pair fast, but can’t stop thinking about those bruised, skinny kids.

Dayna and Kevin live with abusive parents who force them to stay in their room most of the time. If they go to the authorities for help, they’ll be split up, too. Ash knows how that feels, and she goes back to help, taking the two with her. With any luck, they’ll all help each other along the way.

Meanwhile, as Matt waits for Ash, he can’t resist telling his foster brother and best friend, Jon-Allen, about the plans. They stash food, earn money, and keep watch for the night Ash appears at their bedroom window.

Ash is so happy to be reunited with Matt and to discover she’s falling in love with Dayna that, at first, she doesn’t worry about what they’ll do next. But life on the road begins to take its toll -- they have to resort to shoplifting and scavenging to survive. Ash feels a growing sense of guilt at the disaster she’s made of everyone’s lives. Can she somehow keep her newfound “family” together despite hunger and sickness? Or will she be able to find the strength to reach out for help?

Last edited:

SamanthaLehane

Not all who wander are lost
Registered
Reaction score
Cool ebook! I hope you get a lot of downloads. Have you advertised this on some LGBTYA sites like QueerYA or even some adult LGBT book reviewers? I have a short list right here.

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
thanks! I've done what I can, especially promoting in local queer groups on Facebook. I'll look at the sites you mentioned too, because I really want a lot of downloads!!!!

SamanthaLehane

Not all who wander are lost
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome! Congrats!

As for marketing, I think you should try to submit your books for review at the Lesbrary or Autostraddle. That would give you some good exposure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.