FebNoWriMo!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, tests... I do not like those. :)

Chemistry was never my strong suit. When I was doing science, it was always physics and maths that got me interested. All the theoretical stuff. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm, well, I have what I call a "theoretical mind". Maths especially, and a good chunk of physics, was all about learning theories, relating them to equations. Once you've done that, you can use those theories and equations as much as you need, with relative ease.

Chemistry, or it seemed to me at least, was more about learning facts and less about theories. Granted, there was still a solid theoretical underpinning, but I found it harder to extract the facts from those theories than in physics.

*shrug* We're all different.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
*does not know science*

I didn't even have the option to take physics or chem in high school. :( I took biology and I was good with that, but I can't take classes from any of those sciences now because high school chem is a prereq for all but the beginning chem class (which was only offered once this year at an extremely inconvenient time), and that never happened. *headdesk* Glad I'm not much of a science person...

I have two tests tomorrow... Ten minutes apart... Yay...

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just edited the query again, bringing me to Version 3. Sent it to the Query Queen for her assessment.

Think I'll watch an episode of Charmed, then edit my synopsis into shape...

SianaBlackwood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sb.siasan.com
I just started rewriting the story that was going to be my March project. It's not a serious rewrite, though - just a bit of playing around in the universe to see if my idea of how to set up the beginning is going to fly or if it needs more work.

I'm going mad - I can't write anything unless I convince myself that I'm just writing it for some stupid, totally-not-related-to-sharing-or-publishing reason.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I started reading some more of this book I have. Yay. I'm actually getting fairly close to the 100-page mark already. :D

But I have some studying and things to do as well. So, yeah. There's that.

I might also try writing a short story or something. I don't know though. Lately, I've just felt so discouraged when it comes to writing, like I'm just a complete failure to it. :(

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Finished putting the jigsaw together. It'll have to be smoothed out when I do a real revision, but it'll hold for now.

Getting close to done this part. It'll be nice to go back to writing :tongue

I'm going mad - I can't write anything unless I convince myself that I'm just writing it for some stupid, totally-not-related-to-sharing-or-publishing reason.

I don't know, as long as it gets it written, using whatever mental tricks work seems like a good plan to me :)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Had two tests today, ten minutes apart. Did well on the first test. Slaughtered the second test. :D Nice to go out with a bang before the weekend.

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go everyone!

I... cleaned the house for 2 hours. Haven't been productive in any other manner yet today. And in about 1.5 hours, mum's picking up her aunt and uncle to come see our house, and then we're going out to dinner... So if I'm going to get anything done, it needs to be soon.

Almondjoy

Keep moving forward <3
Registered
Reaction score
Have been ridiculously unproductive this week, but I blame school on that. I had a slew of tests this week, which seriously sucked, and the teachers decided to pile on the homework. So, I seriously need to catch up with my writing! Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend to crank out the words.

I originally sat down to write some words right now, but I'm not really feeling it. I think I'm going to go and give out some critiques in the SYW form. That'll make me feel good. :D

SianaBlackwood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sb.siasan.com
I've just reactivated my most frustrating writing project of all time. I worked up the courage to post the opening scene in SYW and after that it was either "do a lot more work on figuring out the story" or "drop the whole thing in the round filing cabinet". I've had the story for ten years and more versions than I'd really like to count, so I'm going for the first option and hoping I can come up with something better.

Now I have two active projects - one just-started second draft and one in the planning/worldbuilding phase. Between the two of them, today's wordcount was over 3000.

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
I have just had my most productive writing day of the year so far at 4100 words. Part of that is that I have started a new novel which is always quite a lot of fun.

Plus, the changes to my typing method are settling down a bit so although I am slower than normal I am getting to the point that I have decent enough speed for composition. (I have never composed much faster tha 20 wpm so typing speed is not really the limit there.)

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
Hello peeps! :)

Well, hopefully everything's settled down for me now that I have just gotten full permanent custody of my baby brother well he's my son now so anyway I wrote a little today. 1200 words of my WIP so I'm getting there.

Oh, and did I mention I gotten into NYU medical school.

Last edited:

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Hello peeps! :)

Well, hopefully everything's settled down for me now that I have just gotten full permanent custody of my baby brother well he's my son now so anyway I wrote a little today. 1200 words of my WIP so I'm getting there.

Oh, and did I mention I gotten into NYU medical school.

Congrats, Foamy. :D

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I'm completing goals. :D Let's see what I've done so far... (completed goals in RED)

My goals for January didn't work out so well. Too busy.

In February, I want to:

*keep up with my school work (the obvious goal...)
*read... 5 non-school books... (tentative goal... not sure about the number)
finished this goal this afternoon. :D
*write SOMETHING not-school related. ANYTHING not school related. I don't care if it's just ONE SENTENCE. just something.
It wasn't much, but I did get more than one sentence down. :) It's something.
*not spend so much money on food/Boyfriend/books/other (Boyfriend lost his iPod for several weeks, so I ordered him a new one two nights ago for an early birthday present, purple and engraved and pretty... And then somehow the old one turns up later that same night after being gone for so long... >.> Oh well. Too late now. Just a shuffle, so it's not like I spent a couple hundred dollars or so on something he doesn't need...)
I'm counting this one, although I did by another dozen or so books last week *dodges tomatoes* But I've spent less than $50 the rest of the month, so I'm good. ;)
*play video games at some point. have no idea how I didn't manage to do this one last month.
Will be doing this during this week, since I have very little homework to do. :D
*oh yeah, and finish two scholarship applications that are both due in the middle of the month.
Awkward coloring of the sentence due to the fact that I have completed ONE and missed the early deadline for the other (which just means I missed out on a $500 raffle, but I'm still eligible for the scholarships), but I still have a few days left to get it in, so I'm doing okay here. :)

That's all. For now. :D The first and last of those are the only essential required ones, but I'm going to try to do the other ones too.

~Amber~

I'm going to finish my goals for the month! :D (Unless I somehow don't play video games... But I have so little to do this week I don't really have an excuse not to. :tongue)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I recommend some form of Donkey Kong. Or Dead Or Alive. :)

Okay, I've done nothing for the past few days except do family stuff. I now have 3 whole hours to myself, and I'm hoping I can actually get something done!

1 week till I'm back at Uni. Eep!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure what I'll play yet. We'll see. :)

You'll barely be starting Uni when I'm on Spring Break, Cliff. :tongue It is now Week 8 of 10 + Finals Week. Since I only have to show up for about an hour of Finals Week (which I'm probably going to combine with some sort of book shopping trip ;)), I get about an extra week of break. :D

(also, I'd like to add that with my less-money-spending thing, all of the books I bought were secondhand, and I forgot that my mom bought about half of the ones I mentioned for me :tongue So, even less money than I said. I did buy a few books for my kindle, but they were all $3 or less, so not a huge investment there, either. ;))

My fingers want to write something, so I think I'm going to make flash cards for linguistics. The last set I have to make... I've already had to make around 300 flash cards for this class! Only another 100 left to go and I won't have to make any more. :tongue

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, our schedules don't exactly match up, do they? :)

Ugh... Probably 1.5 weeks from now, I'll be involved in the beginning of a solid 14 weeks of study. (12 weeks of classes, 2 weeks' break in the middle when we need to do homework still.) More if I have any exams this semester. *crosses fingers for no exams*