Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
So, yesterday's snow turned into mostly rain overnight and today. Made it into and from work with no problems.

At work though, my boss mentions in passing that we've got a tour coming through and would I mind cleaning up a pile of old stuff that should have been archived long ago. I spent the whole day scanning documents from as far back as 1985 or 1983, but he was pleased with some of the stuff I stumbled over (even wanted copies of some of it).

Anytime I can keep my boss happy is a good time.

I really do like this job. I'm almost always busy, nobody hassles me, and I produce results which seems to make everyone there happy.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Greg, it's awesome you have found a job you like. That is really a difficult thing for a lot of folks.

I just got off work and drove home at the beginnings of a very ugly snowstorm. My gas tank is on vapors and tomorrow I'm kiting a check just to keep the car running since I don't get paid until late tomorrow night.

Part of the problem with being a decent employee is management has no qualms coming to you for extra hours, days, etc. Sometimes I wish I was incompetent.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I remember getting promotions and extra hours and more people coming at me to do stuff. Wasn't fun. Makes you wonder how they ever run the place without you. But of course, they have to now, heh.

(Nah, I'm still looking for a job, but I don't miss the old one. Leaving was a good decision.)

In other news, I've "discovered" Marble Hornets. I put that word in air quotes because I've been aware of its existence for quite a while, but never actually checked out the videos in the web series itself. And I'm pretty much never going to sleep again.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you are enjoying your job a whole lot more than the last one and that they actually appreciate the work that you do, congrats Greg. :)

Work has happened, and an ungodly ugly schedule this semester.

Glad to see you've managed to find your way back, too.

:D

Stinkin' work!! :D You can always visit us when you're getting drunk and grading papers. :p

Aw, thanks. :Hug2: I knew I liked you, well...I had my suspicions that I liked you...sort of. :D As irritating as this may be to some AWer's- I always find my way back. :D

OMG! Marble Hornets rocks! Bri and I love that series.

What's that about? Is it a cartoon?

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Marble Hornets is a web series on youtube. It's a bunch of very short films, like 5 minutes each or less, and they are very creepy.
Marble Hornets is a documentary-style horror, suspense short film series based on alternate reality experiences of the Slenderman tale. It follows the story and discoveries made by student filmers of the Marble Hornets project, and has its basis in the tale before spinning off into an alternate reality game (ARG), which are interactive narratives that use the real world as their playing field, bringing the "what if?" ideas that drive many other creators of fiction. The series tends to utilize the "This Is Not A Game" aesthetic, in which the world created by the game should be as real as possible; therefore any location mentioned should be real, etc. Marble Hornets was instrumental in codifying parts of the Slender Man mythos, but is not part of the intercontinuity crossover that includes many of the blogs and vlogs that followed it, although MH does feature in other canons as either a chronicle of real events or a fictional series.[71][72][73]

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Cool! I'll have to check that out. Thanks for posting that, Ted. :)

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hey guys. Anyone do anything interesting this weekend?

I'm trying hard not just throw a bunch of stuff in my car and take off to anywhere. I need an adventure or something so much.

Come to Wisconsin. I only get Sunday off, which means I spend it cleaning, writing, etc. But if you come here, I'll make sure you get lots of cheese, brats n' beer.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Bos, there was a viral e-mail back in the early 90's for professors and college teachers that had some great ideas.

Like, at the beginning of class put a bottle of Chivas on the podium and tell the class "when the bottle's empty, class is over."

Or have a guy in all black and a black beret strum a bass while you lecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.