Help with posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Share Your Work forum?

The password is: vista

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Regarding the 50 post rule, don't make a mad dash around AW running up your post count. Take your time, and become part of the community, try critiquing other members' work. You don't need 50 posts to crit only to have your work critiqued.

Porting to FAQ's

Deleted member 42

Hi

Do absolutely positively read The Newbie Guide to Absolute Write. It will help this otherwise potentially confusing and very large place make sense.

And you might want to at least take a peek at the AW FAQs. Not only are they a roller coaster ride of edge-on-your-seat thrills, they might answer some of your questions.

Welcome to AW, and feel free to ask questions.

TheSilverNightWolf

Mysti one of many nicknames
Registered
Reaction score
hidden in the forest where I truly belong
wait so I can't critique people on there? cause every link I click to someones story won't let me through I know I can't post my own stuff on there until then but it's not even letting me on to read them

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, wait a second. I need to be sure I understand the issue, because I'm pretty inept when it comes to things technical.

You want to critique the work posted by others at a SYW (Share Your Work) board, right? Which board?

Can you read the stories, or not enter the board at all?

For most boards, the password is vista. For Poetry, it's citrus, and for Erotica you have to request the password after convincing a moderator you're at least 21.

Your own personal password to sign into AbsoluteWrite is used only for that.

If I'm not mistaken, all this is explained in the Newbie Guide and/or the FAQs. (In addition to them being so mesmerizing you may forget to eat or sleep.)

If you still cannot post replies to other people's stories posted at Share Your Work, we probably need more information about what happens when you try (i.e., are you clicking on Post Reply or typing into the Quick Reply box?)

Maryn, who tries to share what she knows

Deleted member 42

I can't enter the board at all and it's the Urban Fantasy section and Vista didn't work when I tried it

I don't think there is an Urban Fantasy section in SYW. There's a general discussion area that's a subforum of SF/F:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209

Was the thread locked with a little password icon ?
thread_hot_lock.gif
Those threads are locked, and can't be posted in.

It doesn't require a special password to post in most areas; just your regular AW login.

It might be an issue with the cookie not behaving itself, either way, even if you weren't trying to respond to a thread in SYW.

Please:

1. Log off AW.
2. Delete the AW cookies
3. Empty the Browser cache
4. Close/Quit/Shut the browser down completely (this is important)
5. Open the browser, and use your person ID and password to log into AW. Click the Remember Me little box on the log in screen.
6. Go to the SYW board you want to crit/read, if it was a SYW thread in question. Otherwise, please try again.
7. Enter the vista password.

And don't worry, we'll get you set up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 42

thank you but I think I may have figured out problem is vista case sensitive cause I've been putting it in as Vista

Yes.

This is a Unix server, so all the URLs and passwords and IDs are case sensitive.

But GOOD FOR YOU!

And welcome to AW.

Status
Not open for further replies.