The MTS Braggatorium

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Oh, I need to come here more often. Just great news to celebrate!

Congrats on finishing the draft, Matt. It's a great feeling!

Zelenka! EQMM! It would have been so sad had that gotten deleted. I subscribe, so let us know when it will be in!

Slick looking books, History!

And congrats on the review, Grizzletoad!

Wow, I'm leaving all impressed at the MTS AWers. We might even rock.

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
Not often I get to make a post here but...

My story is going to be published in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine! Was just going through emails, deleting the million ones I wasn't even going to bother reading and it took a minute to click what EQMM was. I was about to delete it thinking it was something from one of the jobs websites I've been going on.

Only thing is it's 6am here, just found the email, so no one I know in my timezone is awake so I can call them!

Congrats. I've been trying to break in there for years. Like 17 years. Good for you!

JWNelson

JWNelson
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jwnelson.net
Excellent news! congratulations!
Not often I get to make a post here but...

My story is going to be published in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine! Was just going through emails, deleting the million ones I wasn't even going to bother reading and it took a minute to click what EQMM was. I was about to delete it thinking it was something from one of the jobs websites I've been going on.

Only thing is it's 6am here, just found the email, so no one I know in my timezone is awake so I can call them!

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
My story “Murderous Lies” is free to read at Plan B Mystery Magazine and also will be included in their upcoming Volume III anthology.

Plan B is a great market that pays writers, publishes anthologies, and posts free stories for readers.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
This isn't bragging for me, but another writer. I was a beta for her some time back. She just emailed me that she's going to be published this summer and wanted to know how to credit me in the acknowledgments. I'm so happy for her!

JWNelson

JWNelson
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jwnelson.net
My story “Murderous Lies” is free to read at Plan B Mystery Magazine and also will be included in their upcoming Volume III anthology.

Plan B is a great market that pays writers, publishes anthologies, and posts free stories for readers.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis
Excellent news! And thanks for the publisher tip, too. :hooray:

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
This isn't bragging for me, but another writer. I was a beta for her some time back. She just emailed me that she's going to be published this summer and wanted to know how to credit me in the acknowledgments. I'm so happy for her!

That's great, tara!

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
Guys!

I just got another 5 star review for The Railroad Man, this one from Goodreads, my first review from that site. I'm psyched!

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
And right on the heels of that 5 star came a 4 star review! This really feels good to know that people really like my novel. Wow! I'm calling it a novel, not a manuscript now! Sweet!

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Bloom and Doom received a nice review from the Library Journal. In part, they said:

“Allen’s upbeat series debut reads smoothly and easily with excellent dialog and an immensely likable cast.”

If you want to read the whole review (including those little negative digs writers always leave out when posting snippets of their reviews), Barnes and Noble printed the entire review in the editorial review portion of the listing here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bloom-and-doom-beverly-allen/1116934295?ean=9780425264973

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, Beverly! (That's a really nice review!)

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm behind, but huge congratulations to everyone with good news. :) It's so wonderful to see so many doing so well!

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Thanks Alice, Introversion, Liz, and HJ. The book comes out on Tuesday, and I'm having some anxiety moments. Mostly excited, though.

I was just thinking it was not quite six years ago that wandered over to AW for the first time, just beginning to write. What a journey!

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
And another quick brag, since this is the braggatorium: I had my first signing last night, since yesterday was my book's official birthday. And despite my paranoia that nobody would come, there were actually people there. Sales went well enough that the BN person said I'd be welcomed back any time.

A well-earned crowd, BfloGal! Congratulations on Publication Day!