• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Noble Romance Publishing

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
*bias alert* I have a book out with them and haven't had any problems. I've also known the owner for about eight years now. */bias alert*

Noble is about 6-7 months old and is still building a readerbase and working on getting the website to be more interactive for customers which I think will draw in more readers.

Jill Noble is very open to stories that really push the boundaries of romance and romantic fiction and letting characters be themselves even if they're antihero dark and edgy which is the main reason Anne and I signed our Dark Whispers.

Editing wise Jill's suggestions for expanding a couple scenes were on the money. They pay on time and the royalty statement is the best I've ever seen in terms of how many copies sold and when they sold.

Jill's partner has a solid business background and she's been in and around publishing as a writer since before I knew her. She was an editor at Loose-ID and has a few published books nder her belt.

If you have a story you believe in that you feel shows a romance despite other folks' claims of "That's not romantic" Noble may be an option for you.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I know nothing about their sales levels, but unlike many new romance epublishers they have a clear niche they are targeting. I think they look pretty promising.

Eriador117

Hobbit Botherer
Registered
Reaction score
Noble Romance

I sent a query off to them in December and was asked to send the full MS. Unfortunately my book wasn't suitable for them after all, not quite enough sex, LOL! But I did get a very nice personalised rejection and I was invited to submit again with this book if I added more sex. It's not that I have anything against it; I just felt that if I started adding in more sex, it would look just like that: that I'd just added it in for the sake of it rather than the flow it already had. If I ever do write something with a bit more sex or kink, they would be first on my list to submit. They seemed very author friendly.

take care,
Annette

AngieStone

Registered
Reaction score
I just submitted to them and got a very prompt request for the full...we'll see what happens!

Eriador117

Hobbit Botherer
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Angie, that's great, good luck!

take care,
Annette

AngieStone

Registered
Reaction score
Just curious, how long did it take to hear a yes or no on the full manuscript?...it's only been a week and a bit but I didn't get confirmation that my email with the full went through. I'd hate to be waiting only to find out that the original email didn't send.

Eriador117

Hobbit Botherer
Registered
Reaction score
I had a confirmation email and a request to send the full MS in about a week and I think it was about a month or so when I heard back with the "no". I don't think I got a confirmation that my full went through either, just the query first of all.

take care,
Annette

Dee Carney

Bringing sexy back
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deecarney.com
If I remember correctly, Jill doesn't send out confirmations. You don't receive any sort of auto-confirmation, either.

That being said, she's very author friendly. If you're worried that your sub didn't get through, send her an email and she will reply.

honoluluwriter

Registered
Reaction score
any new information or updates on this publisher? Sent a full off today and just curious if anyone has anything they are willing to share.

Treyfan

Token Black Chick
Registered
Reaction score
Me too.

I sent a request for the sample contract and never got a response back. If they can't respond to a simple contract request, how on earth do they respond to full subs or partials???

I just sent a query off today...we'll see...but I'm dubious.

JillNNoble

Registered
Reaction score
Missing Email and No Response

Please allow me to apologize for the lack of response to your request for a sample contract. I can only assume some requests have gone missing. (This isn't the first time I've heard this complaint in the last few days, and I worry there are others who didn't bother to follow up).

I have changed the email address for the sample contract requests on the submissions page to [email protected]. Hopefully that will clear up the issue and I'll see all requests.

Please, if you send an email to any of our boxes and you don't get a response within 48 hours, contact me directly at [email protected]. I will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Jill N. Noble

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I subbed a short to them last night.

honoluluwriter

Registered
Reaction score
just to update, Noble accepted my manuscript and I have signed a contract with them! It is very exciting :) Good Luck to everyone else!!!

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Got a response from Jill today saying to give them a couple of weeks to get back to me. They would review my sub. I like their promptness.

Reaction score
If you're tt42 it seems it is. Damn and now I'm back to 6 contracts behind...

*rites moar wurdz*

Treyfan

Token Black Chick
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the contracts/acceptances everyone! :D

I'm waiting for a response myself...fingers crossed...

Kensington

Absolute Blight
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Their contract locks you in for 7 years. That's way too long, as far as I'm concerned. They wanted to change my novel too much, in order to fit in with their guidelines, more sex, etc. so I backed out. Jill is reasonable to deal with though.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
What about sales? Any reports on that?