Share Your Successes!

Anjasa

Fantasy Smut? Yes please!
Registered
Reaction score
Went from selling 5 copies of our books in December to selling almost 90 copies in January :) Plus we've received 2 reviews (one on smashwords, one on amazon), and more interaction on Goodreads.

This is pretty thrilling to me, as I tend to be very focused and driven on success and always feel I'm not doing enough. It's important for me to sit back and recognize that there is improvement.

(Also, I'm really excited a few people have bought Outcast. It's our longest story currently published and one I feel super fond towards and was afraid it wouldn't interest most people because of the subject matter.)

NottiThistledore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chatswoodspooks.com
Congratulations, everyone!

A Frightful Recipe is my first self-pub attempt, so it's taking a little while to get the ball rolling. I've had a half dozen ebook sales since putting it up a fortnight or so ago, and was pleasantly surprised to see that I'd sold the same amount in print format.

I wasn't expecting many (if any) print sales at all, but wonder if the fact that my books are illustrated chapter books aimed at younger readers (grades 2-4ish) might have played a role there. Given this I'm also curious to see if iPad etc readers will be more inclined to read my books than those on dedicated ereaders. I'll test it out once my KDP Select days are up!

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
My best seller of my ebooks, The Invasion, sold its fifteen thousandth copy sometime this past week.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HS4V8O/?tag=absowrit-20

61zk740R5GL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-67,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Bookmama

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, everyone!

A Frightful Recipe is my first self-pub attempt, so it's taking a little while to get the ball rolling. I've had a half dozen ebook sales since putting it up a fortnight or so ago, and was pleasantly surprised to see that I'd sold the same amount in print format.

I wasn't expecting many (if any) print sales at all, but wonder if the fact that my books are illustrated chapter books aimed at younger readers (grades 2-4ish) might have played a role there. Given this I'm also curious to see if iPad etc readers will be more inclined to read my books than those on dedicated ereaders. I'll test it out once my KDP Select days are up!

How hard/easy was it to put your chapter books into CreateSpace versus getting them on Kindle? Is it a totally different formatting process?

I have both picture books and chapter books on Kindle and the picture books are selling reasonably well and the chapter book sales are pretty pathetic. I was wondering if the chapter books do better when you at least have a paperback version available. So I wondered how much time I should expect to invest to make that happen?

P.S. NottiThistledore -- you've got a really good book description. Your first line especially so pulls me into the second sentence: "The Chatswood spooks are in trouble. "

Last edited:

NottiThistledore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chatswoodspooks.com
Hi BookMama,

I had someone do the Kindle conversion for me as I was finding incorporating drop caps and other elements a bit of a nightmare. I did tdo the CreateSpace conversion myself using a Word file as a basis. It was a lot less painless than I expected, and their system walks you through the process, which definitely helps! The only thing you might need to spend a little time fiddling with is the cover, as unless you're happy having a blank back cover you'll need to provide a PDF with both front and back included. :) Let me know if you need any help, and I'll do what I can to assist!

Thanks so much for your lovely words about my blurb, too. I'm so glad to hear that it drew you in!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Sarah, that's totally awesome! I wish I was there somewhere near you.

I got a neat, really neat star review for The War Gate. What struck me about this is that the reviewer said he's read lots of Stephen King and remembered his most hideously, unique antagonists. But when he read about my sub-antag, the Wax Man, he said it went over the top with the scare/disgust factor and it really "did it for me." Words to that effect in both the review and personal emails.

Now, if I could just strive to make all my MCs as shockingly believable, I'd be in Heaven's 7th.

tri

Last edited:

Spell-it-out

I'm gonna give all my secrets away
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great news EB! Well done.

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I finally have a reason to post here: a novelette I put up a week ago on Amazon has sold 50 copies so far--its biggest sale day being 14 copies (yesterday).
:snoopy:
Pretty stoked!
Nowhere near any of the numbers up-thread ;) but for me, having recently started this whole thing with no following/web presence and no promotion for this particular piece, yay! :hooray:

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
THE WAR GATE, A BACKLIST PARANORMAL/ROMANCE TITLE, NOW FREE ON AMAZON TODAY 2-19! Full-length, 332 pages of thrills, romance and chills. Available on Amazon Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008SDVEQU/?tag=absowrit-20...

I'm now # 3 in Paranormal for Free Listing! I'm shocked. I've never had that many free downloads before. I'd love to be number for one for once in my life.

Thanks to all my AW buddies for the help and support.

Tri (Chris)

PortableHal

Not-so-new
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marsneedswriters.com
THE WAR GATE, A BACKLIST PARANORMAL/ROMANCE TITLE, NOW FREE ON AMAZON TODAY 2-19! Full-length, 332 pages of thrills, romance and chills. Available on Amazon Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008SDVEQU/?tag=absowrit-20...

I'm now # 3 in Paranormal for Free Listing! I'm shocked. I've never had that many free downloads before. I'd love to be number for one for once in my life.

Thanks to all my AW buddies for the help and support.

Tri (Chris)

Just downloaded it, Chris. It sounds great!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, guys. In the months and months, during 2 to 3 trial free days this book has never pulled more than 500 freebies at a time. Now it's well over 3,000! I wish I could remember which announcements or the promo trick I used to do this. Alas, I'll never know what happened.

I can only say the Mondays and Tuesdays are whoppers for free downloads. I've always used weekends. Perhaps that is the difference is response? Something to keep in mind, eh?

tri

ETA: I'm also suspecting that huge RTs from members might drive up the exposure on Twitter. I've had some of those because I do the same for very interesting books that I research and read the samples.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Gee, what happened? Over 3,300 freebie downloads and a rush of sales after I went live. It even kicked a sale or two for my other books. This hasn't happened before. I'm hoping this was a word-of-mouth thing. I have no other excuse for why it happened 'cause nothing changed from my last two free trial periods, which were dismal in comparison.

HAPPY DAY!