Veggies!

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... mixing veggies in with scrambled eggs ain't a bad option.
just use olive oil instead of butter or a nonstick pot.
and very little salt if any. go for pepper instead.
and with the eggs, just 2 yolks.
if you want more, go with the whites.
they even sell it like that in containers.
g'luck.

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
What seasonings are good on zucchini? Last night I baked some. I put a little olive oil on them then sea salt and oregano since it was out for my main dish. I didn't care for the oregano on it.
If you baked the zucchini by itself with no bread, cheese, or tomatoes I'm not sure any spices could make that taste good. Unless you like spicy foods, then you might try horseradish or dijon or jalapeno or chipotle. Maybe A1, that can overwhelm anything and it's not as spicy as the others. I've had thousand island dressing on zucchinis and that was good but it was in a sandwich with bread and tomatoes and cheese, so I dunno about by itself. I had a white wine, tarragon, and dijon cream sauce one time that was good over other bland veggies and pasta, so it might work well with zucchini. But zucchini are bland by themselves, they're just better paired with something flavorful that has a little mass of its own to alternate with the zucchini. Plain zucchini is kind of like pasta, would you serve pasta with just olive oil and spices? If so, try the spices you would use for that.

Liralen

Miss Conceived
Registered
Reaction score
Penzey's makes a seasoning called Northwoods that's good on pretty much anything -- I'd say it would even make zucchini okay, lol.

Moroccan seasoning (even McCormick makes one) is another one that's good for vegetables.

Yorkist

Banned
Reaction score
Greek salad dressing is a good marinade/sauteing agent for zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and all sorts of veggies. Quick and easy.

Vince, I posted a bunch of my favorite veggie recipes here.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tonight I very-very-briefly sauteed matchstick-cut zucchini with toasted flaked almonds in a splash of olive oil, then topped it with chopped mint. My partner said the mint was too weird, but I found it quite addictive.