The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy: Congratulations, Mrs. B!!! :partyguy::TheWave:

Jo - well done with the bra-finding powers. Male Purgies need bra-unfastening powers, however. Congrats on Mr. Jo's bosses recognizing his talent and hard work, and WOOT! for your book on a review site. Fingers crossed for a fantastic review!

KT - congrats on Mr. KT's success at work too! And for the nice Christmas gifts and bonuses. And (((KT's feet))) to help warm you up. I hope the adoptable cat is Chase - that would indeed be a Christmas miracle!

WD - good luck on the revision!

Lily - well done on your Google-fu!

Tas - I suck at names, but how about Charles K. Tasmin? (I like Tasmin Charles too, but seems kinda backwards. Maybe that's a good thing, though.)

As you may recall, I'm on Facebook with all of 3 friends, on purpose--it's just a family connector, and I won't add you all even if you bat your eyelashes real pretty when you ask. (Although I'd like to see Vandal, Rick, and Steve do that, just for the entertainment value.)
Be my Friend, please?
flirty-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Between my sibling and I, I'm definitely the workaholic type-A perfect student. She's always been far more laid back and less academically-inclined. She's absolutely brilliant, maybe smarter than me, but definitely not nearly as primed on external validation. : ) Or at least not as motivated to kill herself at the academic grind. I'm the younger one, too, which seems contrary to every other sibling relationship like this one that I know.
Sounds just like kiddos 2 and 3. Kiddo #2 is incredibly smart and doesn't have to work hard at anything. She knows that and... doesn't work hard at anything. (She's turning it around in college, thankfully.) Kiddo #3 on the other hand has a slight learning disability (an auditory processing issue of some sort) and as a result has to work really hard and do a lot of repetition to learn stuff. But she busts her butt and is doing really well.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Evening, all :)
KT, I hope you get your miracle!

Lily, lol - poor College Boy.

I have to give a shout-out to Clovia, who went above and beyond to finish a beta read for me yesterday. I was able to get everything finished up and set off to the agent this afternoon, and I feel a tiny bit better about it too. Guess we'll see what the agent has to say after the holidays.

Have a good night, purgs, and a big :Hug2: to Phoenix just 'cause.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
They closed at 5 and D. didn't get home until 6. Traffic radio says the entire county was gridlock. That's after working late and stopping at Starbucks, then he stopped at B3st Buy for Xmas dvds for his mom. His official quit time is 2:30.

Showed him the listing, so he's going tomorrow when they open at 10. It's his weekend.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the power's back on in time for the apocalypse!

What'd I miss?

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Thread killa! The end is nigh....

You wanna have a drink?

:D

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two drinks, please? I just spent the last 2 hours trying to fixing the coding I accidentally deleted from our St@r W@rs fansite. Fortunately, one of the guys figured out what I needed and gave me the code to restore it, but not until I'd spent said 2 hours trying to figure it out on my own. I thought I was on my own site and deleting something from there, but my stupid dashboard had not loaded and I was still on the fansite. I now have a crashing headache. May I have three drinks, pretty please?

Vespertilion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm making cinnamon sugar pecans and coffee-chocolate cookies.

*passes plate*

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
*pours three drinks for Dragon while using free hand to snack on cookies and pecans*

Vespertilion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like the condo was actually sold at auction on the 13th. I hope the new owner gets in touch with us soon.

I feel kinda bad for my landlord--he filed some actions with his lawyer to try and stop the sale, and doesn't seem to yet realize it wasn't successful. On top of foreclosure, he has to pay a lawyer.

Wince.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Gm all! Reaped as I went. Well, this concludes my first week at new job. I am absolutely loving it! I am learning so much and having fun :) I actually LIKE my job :)

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Morning all
Fairly certain that neither husband nor son have actually stopped talking since they got up. Gah.

Hope everyone has a good Friday :)

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all. How's the apocalypse coming for everyone?

Also, Happy Solstice!!!

Up at the usual work time because Mr. Wench has to work, and I basically do too - making lots of cookies and wrapping gifts. Will try to pop back in later.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Morning.

Happy Solstice!

Snow here, finally. They're saying 4 pm today - 4 pm tomorrow.

Of course, CB is driving to the GF's parents tomorrow (75 miles) and kiddo has Driver's Ed. :rolleyes:

I am changing my hair color. Why, you ask? Because Mr. Lily said I look like my mother. :gaah So, out with the red and back to the brown.

Brandy

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning all!

Lot's to do today but then I'm off for 5 days !!!! Yay!

Gm all! Reaped as I went. Well, this concludes my first week at new job. I am absolutely loving it! I am learning so much and having fun :) I actually LIKE my job :)
This is the best thing ever! So happy for you!

Getting the tresses dyed tomorrow. I will smile pretty for the camera afterwards. :)
I'm sure you'll look beautiful!

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

My hair needs dyed. I have the dye, but I'm just too damn lazy to do it. On another note, I actually cleaned my bathtub yesterday, I bought my dad a taco ornament for the tree, and I tried caramel smothered bread pudding. THe bread pudding is to die for.

I'm trying to see if we actually get the snow being called for before finishing my video card. If we get the snow, the outside lights will look so pretty.

And.... yeah.... writing right now isn't working for me either. So, to hell with it.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
G'morning, purgs! Almost ready for a week off now, providing nothing else blows up at work today. Holy gods, I forget every year how crazed this one week is.

:e2thud:

Had lovely Indian food last night at my sister's, and did a pre-travel present exchange (the 3rd one this month, actually: SunnaFam is nothing if not extreme). Mr. Sunna got me a Keurig. :D

Off to catch up, but first, happy solstice to you all, and blessed Yule to any celebrating purgs.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Happy Apocalypse Day, everyone! ;)

Sunna, happy shiny new coffee maker for you! (I got mine at the beginning of the month and am loving the thing to bits. :D)

Lily, Mr. Lily deserves a smack for that comment... Still, looking forward to pictures.

Survived day one of four crazy pre-Christmas days. Working retail has turned me into the ultimate misanthrope, I swear. Going to cuddle up in bed with my electric blanket, possibly on its highest setting, because I'm bloody freezing. There might be a cup of hot cocoa in it for me, too.

Have a good Friday, all!

Vespertilion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Blessed Yule, a Bright Solstice, and Happy Friday!

Dys, retail is. Just. Awful. This time of year. It's not great any time of year, but this time of year is a nightmare. It's like it brings out the tiny worst in everyone. Enjoy your hot chocolate.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Seriously. It doesn't help that my job generally just perpetuates people's laziness and stupidity.

Honestly, I'm just ready to be done. I honestly probably wouldn't feel any better if I actually got to spend Christmas with my family, because for some reason it tends to depress me no matter what. Oh well.

I opt for hot chocolate in bed and a good book. :)

/end grump

Last edited:

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, purgies: every belltower in town rang 27 times, so close to simultaneously it was like hearing an echo roll from one end of main street to the other. Most of my building emptied out into the parking lot to listen in total silence. Sad and strange and lovely.

Have I mentioned today how fabulous you all are?

Well, you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.