Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Want a round of Baileys with that popcorn?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:D Sure! You know I never say no to Baileys. Thanks L.Y. :)

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
*glances around*

By the way, what's the popcorn for? Did Jed built a theater in the basement?

*glances upthread*

Oh. Okay....

:D

:popcorn:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I was waiting for something hilarious...I thought the waiting would go by quicker if I had some popcorn, but obviously I didn't bring enough bc it seems as if it might be a long wait. :D

Hate to drink and run, but I have to get up at six and I'm trying to get some painting time in. But it's always nice to sit and have a Baileys with you, L.Y. :) :hi:

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks NF, and same here. Take care and see you later. :hi:

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
United States, North America, Earth, Sol 1, Milky
*Sits in the back, busies self with drinking, and attempts to avoid all unnecessary social interaction or physical contact.*

*glances around uneasily at unnecessary social interactions*

*remembers very important question*

AH! Stop what you're doing, I've just remembered! ...Does anyone have any Egg Nog?!

I'll trade you, um... Um... Useless knowledge of particle physics, and... Medical knowledge! That's useful, I think, yes, because people always need medicine, it's a very useful field, but I'm digressing: EGG NOG!

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Pub, ecwma. One eggnog coming right up. Enjoy!

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome! So hard to find Egg Nog past New Year's. No idea why; it's such a fabulous drink!

Really, if they want the spirit of Christmas to live in our hearts all the year round, why they do not drop a pint of Egg Nog by everyone's door in the morning is completely beyond me...

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
This is the fastest way i know how to get a pub full of dragons to scatter *Treejet slams his cupped hand on to the bar and grins widely* I hope you like magic. *He lifts his cupped hand and reveals a hole in the bar. Out of the hole crawls a large tarantula *

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
What, dragons? Afraid of a little tarantula! But they're so cute. I used to call mine Fluffy. *lets tarantula walk into her hand*

Fluffy hated people. She always got angry and sat up on her back legs and tried to bite them. Never tried to bite me, mind you, only other people.

I empathized heavily with Fluffy...

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
:cry: Mittens! you told me you would only crawl on me!!

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
So hard to find Egg Nog past New Year's. No idea why; it's such a fabulous drink!
:hi: I'm on my way out, but feel free to help yourself to more eggnog. Enjoy your stay!

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
Don't tell me that I can help myself to more Egg Nog; that's like feeding the strays! You'll never get rid of me!

And give poor little Mittens a break! She has 8 eyes, so I'm 4 times as adorable to her. You really can't hold her responsible for her actions...

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
*Sits in the back, busies self with drinking, and attempts to avoid all unnecessary social interaction or physical contact.

A wise man who enjoys watching and avoiding problems.

:welcome: to the Pub, ecwma. One eggnog coming right up. Enjoy!

Seriously.. what do you not have in stock in this bar........ if i ask for Ambrosia do you have it? "Battlestar reference". If i ask for Pirate Grog do you have it.... "then we can all talk like a pirate for the evening"

hmm thinks about taking a trip to the basement and seeing for self what i can find .....

no one ever pays attention to the guy in the corner. at least until after the gun shot. but what if he just vanished. who would see them leave.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score

Seriously.. what do you not have in stock in this bar........ if i ask for Ambrosia do you have it? "Battlestar reference". If i ask for Pirate Grog do you have it.... "then we can all talk like a pirate for the evening"

hmm thinks about taking a trip to the basement and seeing for self what i can find .....

no one ever pays attention to the guy in the corner. at least until after the gun shot. but what if he just vanished. who would see them leave.

Rockweaver, I do believe the only thing not stocked in this pub is orange juice. Rockweaver?

*looks around and can't find him*

Humm. Wonder if he already took that trek downstairs. Should have given him an inventory sheet so I know if I need to add anything to this order.

*warily eyes the tarantula walking on ecwma's hand*

Uh. . . considering the owner of this fine establishment is a dragon, you might want to put Mittens away before Jed comes back. I've never done CPR on a dragon before, and I'm pretty sure he'd need it after seeing your friend there.

*looks around for an AED machine, just in case; wonders what setting to use for a dragon if finds an AED *

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
*looks around for an AED machine, just in case; wonders what setting to use for a dragon if finds an AED *

I think the equation is 2 J / kg ; or .907 J / lb in old money.

More like a wise woman, but I'll take the compliment anyway. ;)

If i ask for Pirate Grog do you have it....

I have Pirate Grog, if anyone's interested. Don't ask me where I got it, though really from the name one would imagine that I took it off of a Pirate... Anyway. It's quite good. Tastes like rum and cherries. Don't know why. Maybe to chase away the scurvy?

Last edited:

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
I think the equation is 2 J / kg ; or .907 J / lb in old money.

Yeah, but is the formula the same for a dragon as for a human? Does the thicker skin conduct electricty the same way? :Shrug:So many questions.

Besides, I'm lousy at guessing weight and don't think Jed is gonna be able to tell me how much he weighs when he's unconcious on the floor after a heart attack from seeing Mittens. :)

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but is the formula the same for a dragon as for a human? Does the thicker skin conduct electricty the same way? :Shrug:So many questions.

When in doubt, shock it till you recognize it!

Besides, I'm lousy at guessing weight and don't think Jed is gonna be able to tell me how much he weighs when he's unconcious on the floor after a heart attack from seeing Mittens. :)

Wait, your unconscious patients don't talk to you? OH GOD I'VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG FOR SO MANY YEARS!

***DISCLAIMER: nothing I ever say online qualifies as medical advice. Nothing I say online is intended to be mistaken as medical advice. Do not use lamps or car batteries as defibrillators. Don't try any of this at home. This has been a disclaimer.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Good thing you added the disclaimer, ecwma, since medical advice is sternly frowned upon here at AW. :D Though, now I'm sure there are at least ten people trying to test out whether lamps and car batteries will work as defibrillators. :roll: Welcome to the pub and to AW! Happy to have you aboard. :) I'll pm you with all of my medical questions... like how a thousand Baileys affect the body. :D jk. I'd like to go on believing that they are very healthy for me, well they have to be since they're virtual and all. :D

hmm...not sure if Jed would faint or fry Mittens... :popcorn:

And yes, Rockweaver, we do have Ambrosia. But she mainly stays in the Poetry sections or in the Royal thread. Great person, btw. :)

And I don't believe it's talk like a pirate day, yet, but it may be soon. Me and Jed will make Mittens walk the plank! :D If you really like spiders, we have an AW member you should meet, her name is Wicked. She loves the critters and knows just about everything there is to know about them. As she has more than a few of them. ;) You'll like Wicked if you come across her here at AW, she's cool people.

Now, I think I'll down a Baileys, or ten. :e2drunk:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*Drops into a stool at the bar wondering what possessed him to play "who can lift more boxes?" last night*

:welcome: to AW and to the pub, Neporshe! I hope you're enjoying it here and finding your way around ok. :)

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Pubbers. :hi:

Duchessmary, nice to see you at the Pub. Care for a drink?

Don't tell me that I can help myself to more Egg Nog; that's like feeding the strays! You'll never get rid of me!
Who drank all the eggnog?

*shuffles off to restock the eggnog* :D

Seriously.. what do you not have in stock in this bar....
That's why Jed named it "Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub..." ;)

*Runs out the door...*
What happened? Did someone mention spiders? :rulez

And I just brought up a selection of white wine from the cellar....

*Drops into a stool at the bar wondering what possessed him to play "who can lift more boxes?" last night*
:welcome: to the Pub, Neporsche. Here, have a temporary cure-all:

*slides a round of Baileys Neporshes's way*

Now, I think I'll down a Baileys, or ten. :e2drunk:
*sends another round NF's way* :)

Status
Not open for further replies.