The MTS Braggatorium

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Nice, tarak! Love that you use FUBAR in there. :tongue

Good luck! With that QL, they'd be crazy to pass on it.

From Saving Private Ryan: A running gag throughout most of the movie.

Private Reiben - "Even if you think the mission's FUBAR, sir?
Captain Miller - "*Especially* if you think the mission's FUBAR. "

Upham - "What's FUBAR?"
Mellish - "Oh, it's German." (chuckles derisively)
Mellish - "Yeah."
Upham - "Never heard of that."

Mellish - "F***ed up beyond all recognition."
Upham - (Thinks for a moment) "FUBAR!"

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Thanks everyone for the congrats! I realized I'd posted something very close to the pitch I used back in query hell a while ago. It turns out the query letter was polished long before the manuscript was. A few words might have changed, but otherwise, the query/pitch is pretty much the same as what I link to below. I took a loooong time off from revising the manuscript. I told myself I didn't care and had forgotten all about the contest until yesterday when I remembered the first round results were being announced. Here's to hoping the reviewer who sees my first 5000 words in the next round wants to see more...

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5992104&postcount=253

This is really cool, tarak!

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
The second book in my series featuring the dynamic crime fighting blues playing duo of Mitty Andersen and Pete Bolden went live on Amazon last week. The Devil's Blues is available only in print on Amazon at the moment. It will roll out on Kindle and be available at Barnes and Noble and a half dozen other retailers over the next few week. Barking Rain Press is offering eBooks in all formats and they also offer a free PDF of the first four chapters for those that wish for a preview.

Signed copies can be purchased from my website and blog listed in my signature.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Many Congrats, Daddyo.:e2cheer:

gcsalamon

Gina
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gcsalamon.blogspot.com
Finished the first draft of book 1 in a series - working title: Sleepless - last week and sent it out to my editor. The next day one of my beta readers found out and BEGGED me to let her read it now - she didn't want to wait for rewrites. Against my better judgment, I caved. She left a review on my blog and this is what she had to say:

Read the finished manuscript after a several month long wait! Loved it and finished it in two days! I cannot wait to read the next in the series! this book which is not my normal genre had me n the edge of my seat and laughing out loud the whole way through! Loved, Loved, Loved Sleepless!

Sounds like I may have done a decent job.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
New 4 Star review for Storm Warning - A Kelli Storm Novel -

If you like hard and tough lady cops, Kelli Storm is the gal for you. Although ruthless on the job, she is a vulnerable woman with a soft spot for her ex-husband, also a cop, and her beloved mother. Kenneth Hoss uses a timeline throughout the story which makes it fly by, keeping you suspensefully engaged in Kelli's next move. This book travels from the streets of New York all the way to Colombia, before Kelli "gets her man," the drug lord who has made numerous attempts on her life.

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats gang. Kudos to Gina and Ken. Gotta report that The Devil's Blues snagged it's first Amazon review and it's a 5 star type.