SOPA Strike! January 18, 2012

Sarashay

Shut Up and Write
Registered
Reaction score
http://sopastrike.com/

Any website, large or small, is invited to go offline for twelve hours from 8 AM to 8 PM EST on January 18, 2012, to protest the clueless bills in Congress known as SOPA and PIPA.

My WordPress blog has a plug-in installed that will do this for me, in fact.

Is anybody else participating?

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in and I urge my fellow bloggers at Word Press to join the protest. :fistpump

kimberlycreates

insert witty title here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kimberlycreates.com
I'm in. I know that in the grand scheme of things, I'm just another nobody on the internet. Like another writer said in a post I just read, "Nobody's going to cry tears into their pillows" that my site is down. But in my mind, that's not the point. It's about awareness. A few more people today will see at least one more site on strike against SOPA & PIPA today, and maybe one of them will be moved to do something more than just navigate to another site.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Not happy that Google isn't providing an option for this, considering they've been such a vocal opponent. Still, I've blogged on my Blogger page about this.

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
I'm not participating in the strike, for reasons not related to the issue. But I've posted a comic pirating my own previous comics into a statementy mashup. Then I censored the comic.

I apologize if this kills the forum layout, but since this is not about pushing my own site...

2012-01-18-sopa-box.gif

ETA: Ah. Didn't. Good layout, this.