FebNoWriMo!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Well, now Boyfriend will have two of them. :tongue He has an iPhone as well (doesn't use it as a phone anymore because the plan costs too much), but he likes being able to clip it to his clothes while he's skateboarding or whatever.

I have an iPod Classic that's about... Not quite five years old. Scratched to death, but I love it. :tongue My mom has a Nano (can't remember what generation, but I think it's kind of ugly... >.>), and my mom and my brother each have a Touch (although when I asked Siri on my brother's iPod why he has an iPod, Siri responded "I don't know. Frankly, I've been wondering that myself." ;))

Just rambling... I love iPods...

~Amber~

akpeach

Registered
Reaction score
four days north of hopeless and 3 degrees south of
My goal for February is to get my first book ready to sub and then to sub it as well as work on sequel and other book. I like the idea of 28k/28d, but I'm not sure I'll get that far with my writing as I will need to be hard at work editing.

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
The game I wanted to play won't work in Windows 7. Ack!

I have a rather small number of games, actually, so I don't have many options. But the one I wanted to play... It was a game plus 2 expansions, and I adored that game, but yeah, if it doesn't work on Win7, then it probably won't work on Win8 either. So I can never play them again. :(

Do you still have the disks for the operating system it worked on? If so, install the os on a virtual machine such as vmware. Easy and free. Youtube will have tutorials to show you how.

Last edited:

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I got some writing done. I have no idea how much. Like at all. Hahahaha. But some is better than none. I also have some reading I have to do. Both for fun and for classes. I also have to get my review for the book for fun reading posted soon. I'm not sure what book I'm going to read next either. Hopefully, I find something. I might read the rest of those two J.D. Robb books I have but I don't know yet.

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
I've written and submitted my story for write 1 sub 1, plus some other writing. Spent the last two days working on LyX ( a typesetting program) to try to produce print on demand interiors. Think I have cracked it.

(LyX is harder to learn than word to produce interiors, but it does produce much better quality results)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Got nothing done yesterday, except that I installed a different game and started playing that. Didn't get very far before saving and quitting... Hopefully it saved properly? I've never actually played this game before, just kept forgetting about it.

I bought it when I was knee-deep in homework, so yeah, it'll be all new to me. :)

But I don't have a headache this morning, so I'm intending to get some editing done today. 7 chapters to go, 6 days until family gets back from their holiday...

Almondjoy

Keep moving forward <3
Registered
Reaction score
I'm totally jumping in, because I need the motivation to actually get some writing done.

I love this idea of 28K/28d, so I think I'm going to go for that. I guess I'll have to write 2 K today to catch up, since it IS the 2nd already. =)

SianaBlackwood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sb.siasan.com
I spent most of today trying to convince my computer that it can still go on the internet. Poor thing - soon it's just going to be the writing machine and all internet stuff will have to be transferred to the (slightly less aged) desktop.

I also wrote about 600 words, exploring the character who will absolutely not be called the Games Master by the time I've finished this phase of planning.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Look on the bright side, Siana... Once you only use it for writing, you won't have the shininess of the internet to distract you while you're trying to write. ;) My old Windows 98 computer did that for me for a while, until I got too frustrated with how slow it was and shoved it in my brother's room (and THEN we threw it out :tongue)

~Amber~

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no! I've hit 50 posts! Now begins the anxiety-inducing flip-flopping of whether or not to post anything in the SYW section! (And if so, what... and when... and can I delete it right away before anyone sees it?)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Edited chapter 21/27, adding about 80 words. 6 chapters to go, 16 pages, and 40 words until I hit 60k. :) (It was initially 64k, then went down to 57k in December. Now it's nearly 60k again. Might end up around 61k in the end, which I'm happy with.)

The biggest thing I did in this chapter was expand on a philosophy joke. It needed to be explained a bit better, which I did. I'm such a geek. My UF novel now has a bitchin' philosophy joke. :tongue

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no! I've hit 50 posts! Now begins the anxiety-inducing flip-flopping of whether or not to post anything in the SYW section! (And if so, what... and when... and can I delete it right away before anyone sees it?)

Congrats on the 50 posts. :)

I'd suggest if you don't have something already that you can post, you should wait on SYW a little longer. You'll benefit more from it if you post because you need the crits rather than if you post just because you are able to now. SYW isn't going anywhere (it's not like you're automatically not allowed to post there anymore once you get past post 60 or something. :tongue)

~Amber~

akpeach

Registered
Reaction score
four days north of hopeless and 3 degrees south of
Day 3 and so far I've been able to meet the 1,000 a day to keep me on track, but I will admit that over 2,000 was done today to catch me up. Anyway, I start editing tomorrow so this probably won't last, but I wanted to go on record as having at least kept up with it for three whole days!

shayla.mist

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys, would love to join in too. I need some motivation to finish at least one novella this month. I love the idea of writing 2k per day though I doubt I'll be able to. So, for the moment, I'll start with 1k per day.
i miss the pressure of Nano, so, hopefully, this will make me get my butt in the seat and actually write something.

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score

Congrats on the 50 posts. :)

I'd suggest if you don't have something already that you can post, you should wait on SYW a little longer. You'll benefit more from it if you post because you need the crits rather than if you post just because you are able to now. SYW isn't going anywhere (it's not like you're automatically not allowed to post there anymore once you get past post 60 or something. :tongue)

~Amber~

If I did post, it would be my most recent draft of my query letter. I *think* I'm getting close with it, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to have it ripped apart yet ;)

Worked through another 4k words last night, but now I'm getting up to a part where I'm going to have to do some reworking so the going might be slower. I'm still a day or two ahead of my goal, but I don't know that I'll have time to work on it more today.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Shayla. :)

Boyfriend's iPod is out for delivery right now (which is weird, since it wasn't supposed to show up until Thursday...) But he doesn't get to open it until Valentine's Day because I said so. ;) (which is even funnier because I had it shipped to his mom's house and he'll have to stare at the unopened box for a week and a half. :D)

I wrote 6 pages of essays in under an hour last night, and I'm hoping they're somewhat decent... They didn't want to be printed this morning, which doesn't seem like a good sign...

~Amber~

electroweakstar

Just keep swimming...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
electroweakstar.wordpress.com
I hit 3500 words this morning. Technically need 500 more to hit goal for the day, so I'm working on it. Contrary to how I normally write (which is pantsing), I am reading back through previous passages and tweaking before I do the next section. This led to a whole extra scene in between 1 and 3 this morning, when I realized I kind of skipped over important plot info. Woo hoo!

Luck, everyone!

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I took some time off from the cut through to edit a short story this weekend. It's one I wrote in multiple sittings, and apparently swapped past and present tense every time I started :e2smack:

So that's fun.

Oh, no! I've hit 50 posts! Now begins the anxiety-inducing flip-flopping of whether or not to post anything in the SYW section!

Congratulations on the 50 posts! Even with the anxiety ;)

Hey, guys, would love to join in too.

:welcome: Hanging out here after NaNo is helping me. Good luck with the novella!

TMCan

Registered
Reaction score
Yester day I wrote almost triple my daily goal, but today I am stuck on campus without all of my notes for my story, so I may fall behind again. Hopefully when I get home I will still be able to squeeze out my 500 words.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go everyone!

I need to continue editing today. 4 days (including today) till the family gets back, so the weekend will be wasted with catching up and stuff. And I have 6 chapters to go... Need to get cracking!

1 of those chapters is incredibly short, so I can do that on the same day as I do another chapter. But that means I still need to crank out 2 chapters on a different day.

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
Another 2400 words revised today! Plus, I got a section back from one of my betas with some great feedback, AND I got through another chapter of the story I'm reading for a novel swap, so I am quite pumped up about February so far.

I still have a ways to go with editing, but I think I'm going to start delving into some agent stalking... I mean, researching, to start putting together a list of my top choices. I might be jumping the gun a bit, but there's no harm in looking, right?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's got to be done anyway, so if you feel like doing the research now, all the better. Personally, I put off stuff like that... The actual business side of writing makes me nervous. :tongue

In other news, I edited chapter 22/27, adding about 175 words which, I think, is the most words added to a single chapter so far. Hooray! That brought me past 60k, too, which is awesome. LOL, I actually looked down at the word count at one point, and it said 60,000 exactly. :D

Okay! 5 chapters to go!

TMCan

Registered
Reaction score
Another 2400 words revised today! Plus, I got a section back from one of my betas with some great feedback, AND I got through another chapter of the story I'm reading for a novel swap, so I am quite pumped up about February so far.

I still have a ways to go with editing, but I think I'm going to start delving into some agent stalking... I mean, researching, to start putting together a list of my top choices. I might be jumping the gun a bit, but there's no harm in looking, right?

Good luck! I can't wait until I I reach the point of researching agents. I hope you get one of your top choices.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Edited chapter 23/27. So close to the end! I've just arrived at the climax portion. :) Only added about 60 words, though, but whatever.

4 left to do, 3 days to do them in (not counting today, because I am done for the day). I can do this...

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's got to be done anyway, so if you feel like doing the research now, all the better. Personally, I put off stuff like that... The actual business side of writing makes me nervous. :tongue

The business side scares me, too, which is why I figure I might as well start researching right away. I'm going to try to follow some of the agents' social media so I can make sure we'd be a good fit.

Tonight's another big editing night! Hoping to get through the next two chapters at least.