Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Aww... time's up. :( That was good! I wrote - according to Word - 957 words! I might have got more except I had a few interruptions from people needing me to, you know, work. Yay for 957, though - racing really helped, I think! I was able to actually get more of the plot worked out and get on to the second chapter. Yay! Thank you, Junely! :D

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
*sigh*

Well, I'm now in a bad mood. Seriously, I don't know why I keep watching WWE when all it seems to do lately is thoroughly annoy the living hell out of me and put me in terrible moods.

*pokes RA with a tickle stick* :e2poke:

That's what you get for watching television. :D :p

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Real Life is seriously kicking my ass.

I'm gonna be scarce online for a while.

Hope to see y'all soon.

:Hug2: If you need one, Ace.

See you soon. :)

ION, Toddler being a brat today. And I'm going to try a shortened nap time for him today. We'll see how this goes.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Aww... time's up. :( That was good! I wrote - according to Word - 957 words! I might have got more except I had a few interruptions from people needing me to, you know, work. Yay for 957, though - racing really helped, I think! I was able to actually get more of the plot worked out and get on to the second chapter. Yay! Thank you, Junely! :D

Gotta get Marlin's numbers at a quarter past, but still, I see your Yay! and raise you a "Whoo hoo!" We're going to have to do this every day!

Now I'm going to put puppies in their bed for the afternoon snooze, go find myself some lunch, and then back at it. Now I have a baseline number, I can race myself the rest of the afternoon, seeing if I can top the hourly word count.

Unless, of course, you want to do another race?

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
Unless, of course, you want to do another race?

Gotta go run the backups and install XP Service Pack 3 on a user's laptop... :( Maybe later tonight, though, after I clean up the mess the electrician made!

Don't touch me. I need some time before I'm ready to smile again.

*curls up under blankets with ice cream and musicals*

*poke poke poke poke* Muahahahahaha! :evil

Oh, all right... :Hug2:

You're lucky I hafta go run that backup, methinks.

Black-Marlin

Avoiding cliches like the plague
Registered
Reaction score
Website
starlingford.wordpress.com
I claim 1114 words. I would have had more, but I found a major continuity error that needed addressed otherwise things would have not made sense. Do I get to claim that as a bonus? 1114 words, one continuity error slain, and an insert that fixes a major logic problem.

The more I think on it, actually, the more productive the last hour seems... I'm well chuffed!

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Times like these I'm glad I have access to Golden Girls. As lame as it is that I watch it, those gals do have a habit of cheering me up.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Times like these I'm glad I have access to Golden Girls. As lame as it is that I watch it, those gals do have a habit of cheering me up.

I feel the same way about cooking shows. I need to boost my energy, I find Diners, Drive ins and Dives, or Jamie Oliver, or Deaf Chef on Youtube, watch that for twenty minutes, and I feel better.

Considering I'm not a foodie or a fabulous cook, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But hey, it's just part and parcel with what makes me so fabulous!

(modesty not included)

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Our queen seems to be abdicating the throne. Lots of excitement abounds.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Our queen seems to be abdicating the throne. Lots of excitement abounds.

WARNING: American asking stupid questions.

A) Why is she abdicating the throne?
B) Is this going to cause problems? As in, does she hold a lot of political power or is she more of a figure head?

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What? When did this happen? How did....

... oh. Different queen. Never mind me, then. :D

:D I don't think yours will EVER abdicate her throne :tongue

WARNING: American asking stupid questions.

A) Why is she abdicating the throne?
B) Is this going to cause problems? As in, does she hold a lot of political power or is she more of a figure head?

Those aren't stupid questions :)

She's 75 now, and she feels that it's time for a younger generation to head up the country. Her son Willem-Alexander will become king (our first king in like foreeeeeeeeever). She's been on the throne for 32 years, and before that we had another queen, before that another one, etc.

She doesn't hold a lot of political power but she's also not a mere figure head. She does hold the crucial power of veto. Her son is 40 years old now, with three small-ish kids. I'm not a fan of royal families in general, but it's still kind of exciting.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
:D I don't think yours will EVER abdicate her throne :tongue
Probably not. There was rumours just after the Jubilee last year that she was thinking of abdicating in favour of Prince William (not sure how that'd work since Charles is heir apparent, but then again I'm not too educated on the mechanics of the Royals) but obviously nothing came of it.

Plus everyone loves Lizzie too much and dislikes Charles too much to ever be okay with her voluntarily letting him on the throne a single second sooner than necessary.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Lizzie won't abdicate for a really simple reason - she harbors lingering resent at Eddie's behavior in the thirties, which split the royal family in two. There's a lot of history bound up in that moment. If she falls seriously ill, I suspect that Charles would step in to provide a... I've forgotten the word, but there is a "by proxy" thing he can do, without her stepping down.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
*shrug* Clearly you know more of my country's Monarchy than I do. I just don't care enough to.

Though I care enough to be opposed to the idea of Charles being King, even if it is both inevitable and utterly ceremonial. I mean, he wouldn't even be able to do anything, yet I have this random dislike of the idea of having a "King Charles". Irrational, I know.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I pay enough attention to the debates which occasionally pop up on television. Not the biggest fan of the royalty (as I have pointed out before) but at least they keep quiet when things are going on politically. Charles has a gob on him, and if he became king I can foresee problems...

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Lizzie won't abdicate for a really simple reason - she harbors lingering resent at Eddie's behavior in the thirties, which split the royal family in two. There's a lot of history bound up in that moment. If she falls seriously ill, I suspect that Charles would step in to provide a... I've forgotten the word, but there is a "by proxy" thing he can do, without her stepping down.

prince regent?

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I pay enough attention to the debates which occasionally pop up on television. Not the biggest fan of the royalty (as I have pointed out before) but at least they keep quiet when things are going on politically. Charles has a gob on him, and if he became king I can foresee problems...
If Prince Philip didn't manage to cause any serious problems, I doubt Charles could say something that would.

Harry, maybe, but he's never going to be King so it doesn't matter.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
As long as he isn't given the opportunity to push his GM agenda, or meddle in affairs of state, then I'm happy with him doing his stuff...
I was always under the impression that nowadays being a member of the Royal family, even being King or Queen, was essentially a ceremonial thing and that you couldn't really do anything more than shake hands and visit places.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Chuck is different from everyone else. The government back in the 80s had to send someone round to have a long chat with him after he spent an inordinate amount of time writing letters to both the government and national newspapers. He likes to get involved with things, and he still manages to provide newspapers with dialogues on things from time to time - the last was, IIRC, a couple of years ago in The Times.

It is meant to be ceremonial. :)

Black-Marlin

Avoiding cliches like the plague
Registered
Reaction score
Website
starlingford.wordpress.com
It is meant to be ceremonial. :)

It is meant to provide a constitutional check on Parliament. The Prime Minister can not become a dictator while the Monarch has the right to veto legislation (such as, for example, the holy-shit-there's-an-emergency-and-I-need-extraordinary-powers-to-deal-with-it legislation that worked equally well for a) Adolf Hitler and b) Senator (later Emperor) Palpatine...)

;)
BM

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Toddler is trying to get me to kill him. He hates me and wants to see me rot in jail.

*crawls in hole to sleep and hide from 3 yr old rage*

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
It is meant to provide a constitutional check on Parliament.

The powers of the monarch are much diminished since the days when they had much of a force in that regard. And I doubt we would get a dictator from the batch of people who are in politics right now.

:popcorn:

Toddler is trying to get me to kill him.

:roll:

What has he done?

Status
Not open for further replies.