DotA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm always amazed how people automatically assume that once a company put out a shiny product, they're also customer friendly and have ethical business practices. Absolutely no grounds for that.
Though i'm a little surprised Valve did this, i'd have thought EA or MS would beat them to the punch.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Though i'm a little surprised Valve did this, i'd have thought EA or MS would beat them to the punch.

/SNORT! ;)

You owe me a new beer. Mine is exploring my nose and keyboard.

Harlequin

Eat books, not brains!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunyidean.com
Wait... what? Why on earth get rid of your HoN account...????

DotA2 is more than a year away (probably more like 1.5 years in fact.) HoN is already established, with a strong playerbase, and growing competitive scene. By the time Dota2 (most uncreative name ever btw) gets out there, they'll be behind both LoL and HoN for number of playable heroes, and not be nearly as balanced or as polished.

Not to mention, that the whole dota trademark issue is still unresolved?! I mean, there is NO WAY I can think of that Valve can claim copyright to the Dota trademark or Dota name, considering the history of the game (and the fact that Blizzard wants to make their own little clone of it.)

I don't have high hopes for Dota2. I don't have ANY hopes for Dota2, actually; I think even if they made a good game, the timing, the odds, the established competition, and of course Blizzard (in all her gruesome might) is against Valve.

Aurelee

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone still need a beta key? I've got some to give away if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.