My love, another writer, has cervical cancer and I've made a fundraiser. Care to assist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M. Scott

2024 will be my year!
Registered
Reaction score
Shortly before Christmas, my girlfriend, Amy Urbanske was diagnosed with cervical cancer. She underwent a full 8 weeks of treatment only to find out they'd misdiagnoses the stage and all the money paid and time spent feeling ill due to chemo and radiation had no effect. We then brought her to the Cancer Treatment Center of America in New Mexico to have them formulate her diagnosis. She has Stage 2 cervical, which she should be able to recover fully from, but paying the bills, including rent, is becoming incredibly tough and we need to make sure she's able to rest and have as little stress as possible during these trying times.

I started up a campaign to help raise money which will help her with treatment, making her rent while sickness keeps her from working and the bills come in. Every bit helps. Even if you don’t donate money, if you could post this message elsewhere, forward it or do anything to help spread the word, that’d be amazing.

The link to our fundraising page is below. Thank you so much!

http://fundly.com/lovely-girl-amy-urbanske-has-cervical-cancer-at-age-26-and-needs-your-help

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
This thread has been moved, MS, from Office Party to Bulletin Board, where other fundraising efforts have appeared in the past.

Best of luck to you and your friend.

kobold

bedeviled
Registered
Reaction score
Seems to be some misstep in donating online, which happens around here-- is there an address to which we could mail a check? If not, we'll try again. . .

All positive vibes in Amy's direction. What a beautiful girl (and a redhead, no less!) -- please tell her we love the cute jack-o-lantern shirt.

We will post her info on the bulletin board here at the First Cathedral and see what happens.

Good luck!

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Seems to be some misstep in donating online, which happens around here-- is there an address to which we could mail a check? If not, we'll try again. . .

Here too. Was unable to donate online, will try again tomorrow. I've tweeted the link to my followers (not that I have a lot of 'em, but still).

Wishing you and Amy all the strength and keeping you guys in my thoughts.

M. Scott

2024 will be my year!
Registered
Reaction score
Cancer Donations

Greetings to my fellow AW members,

I've been off the threads a few too many months, namely because life has been being a pain in my and my girlfriend's backside. To make a long story short, right around Christmas, she went to the gynocologist and was expecting a basic appointment. Nope. They came up with "cervical" cancer as a diagnosis. Not so bad. She did the 8 weeks of treatment and went back in to found it had spread during the treatment. The doctors jumped on it and went for a more intensive treatment. And...it still got worse. Even though the finances were a strain and she didn't feel like going though more treatment if it just kept getting worse, we sent her over to The Cancer Treatment Center of America in New Mexico. The cancer kept doing the same thing...so they finally realized it was uterine that'd traveled to the cervix. Time to start treatment all over again!

Anyway, she's now in the chemo stage and in 2 weeks it'll be a solid five months of treatment. They'd usually start removing organs with where she was at, but she's only 26, so that option is usually for people over 50. In two week she'll have had a solid five months of treatment.

To show my support, I've made a facebook group people can leave encouraging messages on. I've also created a donation page.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AmyUrbanskeKickingUterineCancer

Donations: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/0UZG3

And, if you want to see any of her writing, it's at

It's under her old last name, since she's previously divorced and was publishing then.

M. Scott

2024 will be my year!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I'm sort of tripping out at the moment. Just enough money to cover the next couple weeks...barely. Don't have enough on-hand to get her home on the 3rd. She should be done with all treatment stuff then, but...fuck.

kdaniel171

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I posted the link on my social media profiles

Best of luck for everything. I wish your girlfriend can get well soon and I am sure people will help you, I am just a student not doing any job. Otherwise, I would love to help you. I am posting the link on my facebook, twitter and other social media profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.