Status
Not open for further replies.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Para, it's okay to close yourself to more projects until you catch up to a certain level. That's why freelancers say they're full until x month all the time. Just tell people they'll have to wait.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I too am a non-eater during stressful times. Trying to figure out what to eat just becomes overwhelming and I end up just stuffing a bunch of toast whenever I get so hungry I can't ignore it anymore.

Now, when I'm pregnant, on the other hand...

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
hey ya! Back from the wilds of Lake County. Had a really nice time. Now have tons to do and am feeling stressed and fleh. I hope I can make things work.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Job-hunting always reminds me how few marketable skills I actually have.

wheeeeeee

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*bats eyes at Purgatory:

This is what I'm Tweeting today. If anyone is so inclined, I'd love an RT. Thank you!

4 days to win a signed copy of #VeiledThreat! Ex-nun Giulia undercover at a gay resort=shocking experience! Tweet me your best shock to win!

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Lily- Done :)

I finished my Dad's afghan yesterday, didn't sleep good last night, and I'm hoping I find some time to take a nap.

Blargh.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Re: eating. I'm the opposite way, too. So hard for me to "remember" to eat when stressed. Like, right now, I slept in, so no time for breakfast before I run out of the house. Sigh.

Anyway, retweeted you, Lily and off I am! Smooches!

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, it looks like "Sweet cartwheeling Jesus" has made it into the final version of RATS. :D

You have to wonder if editors across houses/genres talk about this stuff at cons. I can just picture a bunch of them sitting at a bar going "That's in yours too?" "I saw it in three books last year! Is it a meme, or a secret phrase they give each other for some reason?" "Oh my god, what if there's an author's mafia?"

Then they all drink in mystified silence.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
morning purgies!

sweet cartwheeling jesus seems to have made it into SV too. Still have copy edits to go, but the editor didn't flag it in the other rounds so fingers crossed.:)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, hello! I've put Sweet Cartwheeling Jesus in a handful of subs, but it's been edited out every time. Which is a shame, because I'd love to have this secret thing among us.

Hey, this month the anthology I'm in is supposed to release. It's taken so long that I had it on a mental back-burner. I shall turn myself into an attention whore for a few days, for the common good.

Maryn, writing hot senior sex

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, folk!

On my phone, since IT doesn't get here til 9 to give me my computer back. So I'm sitting here working on JJD4 in longhand. Guess I'll type it up when lunch rolls around.

Sunna- me and two other of The Editor's authors conspired to put random appearances by chickens in our books to see if she'd notice. Mine was the only one that actually made it into the print version. I won.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Got a shock - somehow I sold more books in 2012 than 2011. Not quite sure how it came about since I was behind most of the year, but the checks add up. Got my Amzn 1099s yesterday, so now I can do my taxes.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Tas, that's awesome. :)

I look forward to the day when someone joins this thread because they googled "Sweet Cartwheeling Jesus" and landed here. :D

Re: stress eating, for me it depends on the stress. If it's something I'm avoiding thinking about, or I'm just irritated and tired and putting off something I don't want to do/deal with, I'm far more likely to stress-eat. If it's serious freak-out stress, particularly if it's something I cannot fix, I can forget to eat for days.

SelmaW

Follow your heart; take your brain
Registered
Reaction score
Gratz KT!

I'm pretty even-keel. Even when there's bad stuff looming, I don't tend to manifest stress in that sort of active way (which is apparently why I have TMJ :rolleyes).

*sneezes over thread* Sorry guys. Dentist yesterday and sick today. I'd ask this week to do its worst, but I'm afraid it would take me up on it.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Lil: done! :)

sunna: that would be AWESOME. It's in chapter 3 in FPF. :D Love my purgies.

still tired. Hubs found it necessary to wake me up at 1:30. Sigh. I finally went back to sleep about 5. Overslept, flew kiddo to the bus, am now at least halfway awake. :)

I wanted to rework something in BL this morning, but I think it will have to wait. I am too tired to think.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
You have to wonder if editors across houses/genres talk about this stuff at cons. I can just picture a bunch of them sitting at a bar going "That's in yours too?" "I saw it in three books last year! Is it a meme, or a secret phrase they give each other for some reason?" "Oh my god, what if there's an author's mafia?"

Then they all drink in mystified silence.

Even if they don't, can we pretend they do? :)

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Morning all.
Fun morning so far here at work. Insane boss and a coworker have been having a screaming match for the past half hour right outside my office. If anyone needs me, I'm the girl wearing a pith helmet who's in serious need of a drink.

This was after he ended the day yesterday by loudly slagging off on me personally to penultimate boss. [Who told insane boss that I'm doing more work than three of his favorites put together and that he needs to STFU.]

Gah.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Thanks, Lily - It's much better than it used to be - penultimate boss (new), gets it and is doing his best to keep the shit getting on me, and that makes a big difference. :)

I just wish the other guy would go away. His other charming moment today was getting furious because one of our other engineers had to go back to China unexpectedly because her father is dying.

I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.