• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Cooks Source Magazine

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
There's a "too many cooks spoil the broth" joke here somewhere. :)

aboyd

Sandwich Maker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.outshine.com
Oh, and apparently, the same editor also runs some other small pubs, on other issues, and uses the same business tactics there.
Yeah, unfortunately, they're starting to look into her other magazine (called "Travel Source Magazine") and finding that it's got copyright infringement in it too. I suppose, if you ever wrote articles about travel, you'd probably better go take a look to see if she stole from you.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Its sad how one bad lil press can ruin things. I can't believe she thought she would get away with this. So sad.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Imagine that.

But I can't help but think of all those Dracula movies where the stake didn't *quite* do the job and he kept coming back.

Hmm.

Cookula Has Risen from the Yeast!

Countess Cookula and Her Copyright Infringing Ride!

Revenge of the Advertisers! (The S.F. movie starring Darth Cooker)

Billy the Kid VS Cookula.

Cookula's Daughter! (Starring Paula Dean)

Cookenstein VS Cookula (Starring Alton Brown and Gordon Ramsey)

Okay, I'll stop now. I just finished a tough writing gig and need some silliness. :D

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend who takes great pride in soothing ruffled feathers when's she's offended someone by saying, instead of a sincere "I'm sorry," something more along the lines of a gushy "I'm so sorry you took it that way. I should apologize for any lack of perception on your part that might have caused you to think less of me."

That's what this kind of pseudo-apology reminds me of.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Oh, hey, it made Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooks_Source_infringement_controversy

And #3 on Cracked's "The 6 Most Distasterous Attempts at Internet Damage Control" (2011): http://www.cracked.com/article_1895...s-attempts-at-internet-damage-control_p2.html

But honestly, Monica, those were some good times ....
Ooh, I do love a good blast from the past. A reminder of train wrecks that were fun to watch. Until they weren't fun to watch anymore.

I could have done without the 57,212 (give or take 10,000) Facebook complaints about the missing apostrophe in the magazine's title, however. :) I guess those people never heard of magazines with names like ... Publishers Weekly. ;) ETA: Not to mention Veterans Affairs and Diners Club, among others.

Last edited: