Image search for large images?

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
It was hard enough to find hi-res wallpaper before, but now both Google and Bing seem to have taken away my ability to specify the resolution of images to search. Now they only have options like "Small," "Large," "Wallpaper," etc., even in the advanced search.

And their definitions of "Large" and "Wallpaper" are unhelpful when I have a 2880x1800 screen to fill.

Anyone else notice these options missing? Any other way to search for hi-res images?

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
It was hard enough to find hi-res wallpaper before, but now both Google and Bing seem to have taken away my ability to specify the resolution of images to search. Now they only have options like "Small," "Large," "Wallpaper," etc., even in the advanced search.

And their definitions of "Large" and "Wallpaper" are unhelpful when I have a 2880x1800 screen to fill.

Anyone else notice these options missing? Any other way to search for hi-res images?

I still have an 'exactly' option in GIS, so could search for exactly 2880x1800, or common resolutions in pro?

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score

Thanks, but I'm searching for particular kinds of images.

ETA: Actually, none of those are hi-res enough anyway... They top out at 2560x1600.

(Anything related to Evangelion 3.0 specifically... only thing I've found so far is this, which is visibly scanned from a poster or similar source, so not the prettiest as wallpaper.)

I still have an 'exactly' option in GIS, so could search for exactly 2880x1800, or common resolutions in pro?

Why don't I still have the option??

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Weird. Perhaps they're rolling out some kind of change? I'm using Chrome, too, so it's possible certain features only exist in that browser, or maybe there's some extension hiding it?

Just tried in Chrome. Same as in Safari. I got nothing.

Thanks.

Dammit, everything is vertical. C'mon, Khara, make some widescreen posters. :tongue

Charles Farley

Bango Skank
Registered
Reaction score

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the US.

Yup, when I go to google.co.uk or google.ca, I get the old options back.

Watch out, they might be coming for you, too.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
(Using Google images)
once you've searched for your image, add this to the end of the address and press enter:

&tbs=islt:2mp,isz:ex,iszw:2880,iszh:1800

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
The old options now appear in my google image search.

I checked the UK and Canada google sites, and they've changed, too. It seems they were changing the UI, but released it in the US before they'd added all the old options into it.