F1 2013

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm trying to get my head around the new drivers' lineup. I'm a little up to my eyeballs in life and stuff, so I haven't been following as closely as I would have liked. I need to get reading to see who these new guys are.

Very interested to see what Hamilton does in the Mercedes. If they haven't made some giant steps forward, we might see how his natural abilities stack up against less than top-of-the-line equipment.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I think Hamilton will be good this year, but not great. I think he may well win a race, but probably later in the year at one that includes a lot of rain. The real test will be against his team mate. If he beats him, then Hamilton is doing good. If he doesn't, then he isn't as good as he thinks he is. But, I think he is good, so I'll be surprised if he doesn't beat Rosberg, and make it into the top ten often, perhaps a podium by the forth race.

Although, saying all that, he crashed his car in the first test within twenty minutes.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Part of me wants him to struggle - I think he could do with the experience!
I'm right there with you on that. I've been a big fan of Rosberg's since he came on the scene. Now that he's stopped crashing every five minutes, I've been rooting for him. He handled himself (and the car) admirably in Schumacher's company, so I'll be fascinated to see this little soap opera play out.

There's a lot of 'ifs'. If Schumi was just rusty and the cars had evolved too much in his absence for his successful return, then maybe Rosberg isn't as good as I hope he is. If the Merc has taken some massive leap forward, then we won't be able to judge. If Lewis' penchant for pouting keeps him from giving it his all, then it'll be difficult to compare the drivers.

It'll be good fun.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
So hard to wait! Bring it on...

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I'm annoyed that I won't be able to watch the opener live because of the stupid BBC. I think I even heard they won't be showing the first three races live. :rant:

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
The BBC were fools to let the live rights go. Their highest rated shows of 2011 were grands prix!

Luckily I already had Sky HD (not Sports) so I got it without extra cost. Someone I know resorted to pulling a satellite feed from Germany and syncing it with Radio 5's commentary...

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
So, who do we think is going to win the first race, then? I'm gonna go with Webber. It's about time he had a decent home grand prix.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Not a bad shout - I reckon RB are formidably fast. Personally I still don't expect much from Mercedes despite the fast times in testing. And I would be lying if I didn't say I wanted Jenson to win ;)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'd like Hamilton to win. I tend to support the underdog, and Hamilton is certainly that this season. Although I think he'll end up qualifying 8th and then crashing into the first corner.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
And Sauber, and Williams too! =)

*as for underdogs, I hope Felipe, Mark, Sergio and Pastor all do better than their team mates*

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I find "stoked" too American-sounding and not part of my natural lexicon, so it will suffice to say I am totally fookin' revved for the start of the season.

I will be sat reading the as-it-happens practice commentary on the BBC sport site tomorrow. I'd watch it if I thought I could get away with bringing a TV into work...

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Less that 4 hours till the new NBCSports F1 coverage starts.

Oh, did I forget to put the 18 exclamation points after that that would actually represent how I feel? Silly me :D.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Not a great start for a McLaren fan, but how brilliantly did Sutil do? A second faster than di Resta in both sessions despite a year away. di Resta is no slouch, either!

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Less that 4 hours till the new NBCSports F1 coverage starts.

Thanks for the warning!

I had just enough time to realize that my dvd recorder was on the fritz (again) and had to resort to the vcr... remember those? But it worked! I'll get to watch both practices this morning!

=)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the Red Bulls did well, as did Sutil. Hamilton crashed earlier than I predicted, but it seems it was the car and not him. It is looking like a run-away win for Vettel at the moment.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
What a dissapointing qualifying, it only lasted ten minutes. I usually like races when it rains, however, when they just cancel the frigging thing, it is annoying.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
The little bit we did get was pretty good, but yeah, a disappointing end. Must have been really gutting for the crowd too.