The NFL 2012 Season

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that was late, it was helmet to helmet, and it was on a QB who'd already released the ball.

To try to see it from Dobbins view. He was unsure whether Cutler would throw the ball or keep it, so he was primed to launch into him.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
There you go, got me laughin' again when I'm trying to fight off happiness.

You're a tough cookie, Miranda.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Before the games start, I want to call one upset I think will happen. The Browns will beat the Cowboys. Romo has played horribly at home, and a good run game, that the Browns have thanks to Richardson, can quiet the home crowd.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised. I've got Browns/Cowboys or Packers/Lions this morning. My second game is Broncos/Chargers. Looking forward to the Ravens/Steelers tonight. I'm masochistic like that. Really though, just hoping for a competitive game. Might turn out to be too much to ask.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Before the games start, I want to call one upset I think will happen. The Browns will beat the Cowboys. Romo has played horribly at home, and a good run game, that the Browns have thanks to Richardson, can quiet the home crowd.

For the sake of sport, I'll take the Cowboys, even though the Browns are threatening as I type. I'll take the Packers and I'll take the Broncos. And I'll take the Steelers...

... with the point spread! Seriously, have no idea what the spread is, but in Balto it will be more than in Pgh. Do you know?

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I just looked it up. Point spread is 3.5. And yeah, I'm going with the Broncos and Packers winning their games as well.

Yeah, 3.5 is not nearly enough. Especially in light of what you birds did to the Raiders last week. Ravens 4-0 against Steelers when Ben's not playing, it could be ugly. Let's just hope the Steelers can stay in the game. Right?

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I think it depends on the Steelers offensive line. Leftwich has a slow release, which means Suggs will have time to get to him. If they can keep him upright, the Steelers offense has the chance to keep them in it.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Right? No, just laughing. Gonna check in on the games, and on breakfast. Enjoy the games.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
The Skin's are playing a rookie QB in his first start, but they do not have a good record against rookie QB's going all the way back to 1950.

So far though, the skins defense looks like its stepped up, with two INTs...

And I is rooting for the Browns today as well...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I think it depends on the Steelers offensive line. Leftwich has a slow release, which means Suggs will have time to get to him. If they can keep him upright, the Steelers offense has the chance to keep them in it.

Leftwich looks like he's throwing a javelin back there. He does not inspire confidence. And he's not very mobile. Yes, our OL needs to show up in a big way today. Haley turned Ben's game into a lot of quick, short passes in an attempt to keep Ben healthy this season. That didn't work out very well. Supposedly Steelers will run a different kind of offense to adapt to Leftwich. Not exactly sure what that will look like, but you'd think with his vulnerability it will include trying to give him some time back there. We'll see. On the other side of the ball, we will have to give Flacco some fits if we're to have any chance of keeping the game close.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
I like both the Raven's and Steeler's so its a toss up on who I am rooting for though I tend to root for the Ravens a little bit more since they are just up the road from DC...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Just to add a thought- For me, all 16 games are just about getting into the playoffs. If you get into the playoffs, you've had a successful season, even if you get eliminated in the first game. I think Ben's injury could damn near be a season ender, for him and for the team. He is one of the two most important guys on the team. The other is Polamalu and we haven't had him for weeks. We might get both back before the end of the season. We might get neither. Troy's injury is a pulled calf muscle. I've never had one, but as minor as that sounds, I've heard that they just don't heal.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. The Cardinals actually showed up for this game and are threatening to upset the Falcons. If the Falcons lose and the Bucs win, there'll only be a two game difference between them in that division.

And the Jags are beating the Texans. The Texans, while favored to win the division, aren't guaranteed it. They lose and the Colts win, there'll only be a one game difference.

Last edited:

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
The Colts win against the Patriots?

I don't think so even though LUCK is having a good rookie season, better than RGIII in many aspects.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Three teams blew double digit leads. Sadly, the Browns were among them, so I got that pick wrong. Still, the Cowboys struggling at home against the Browns, isn't a good sign.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Three teams blew double digit leads. Sadly, the Browns were among them, so I got that pick wrong. Still, the Cowboys struggling at home against the Browns, isn't a good sign.

Good for the Redskins though. Should be an interesting Thanksgiving in my household as my son and his family are big time Cowgirl fans...

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Ravens won, no thanks to their offense. If Steelers want to win the division, they have to win in Baltimore now, where the Ravens have won 15 straight. I think they're stuck with a wildcard spot.

And, it was great seeing the Ravens defense step up and actually play like the Ravens defense again.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Turns out that 3.5 would have been enough, just enough. My thoughts on the game from the Steeler perspective: Defense was damn near immaculate. Why oh why we have abandoned our run game the past two weeks I just can't figure, especially yesterday when we had a sub QB who on top of everything else, seemed to be in pain. It's true the Ravens defense looked good last night. I had no idea that they had fallen so far in the rankings, but a run game has to be established. Gotta pound it in there till it softens up. No word on what was ailing BL, even in this morning's Pgh paper, but he sure missed some open receivers, mostly by underthrowing them.

Shadow Dragon, I think you're being a little too kind and optimistic re Pgh's chances at a post season appearance. I said it yesterday and I'll say it again: I just don't think we can win with BL. Now if they throw Charlie Batch in there, maybe. Haven't seen him in quite some time, so have no idea what is his state, above or below the shoulders, but if it were me, I'd give him a chance. At least Batch is a little more dependable. BL is the kind of QB that is a disaster just waiting to happen.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
The Steelers are a bit lucky in that, among AFC teams, them and the Colts are the only teams, besides division leaders, with a winning record. The next best team is the Bengals at 5-5. The Bengals are a threat to do it, but only if they can beat either the Ravens or Steelers at the end of the year, something they normally have a lot of trouble doing.