Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's really fun to do is to take a thread like this one, then go through and reppie every single post in it until you cannot reppie anymore. That's being "reppie banned"--meaning you cannot give out another reppie for 24 hours (and the site keeps track to the minute). It's been a while since we've had one around here (I think I did the last one).

You want to practice giving reps, give that a try. ;)

thedark

Weaving through the night.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's really fun to do is to take a thread like this one, then go through and reppie every single post in it until you cannot reppie anymore. That's being "reppie banned"--meaning you cannot give out another reppie for 24 hours (and the site keeps track to the minute). It's been a while since we've had one around here (I think I did the last one).

You want to practice giving reps, give that a try. ;)

Ohhh. Prey tell, how many reps is that?

And thus far, prior to this delightful thread, I've given reppies when justified... like a warm fuzzie in my heart. Reassure me I'm not violating the principle of the rep system by happily disbursing them every which way? :)

Jett.

House: RumNcoke; Sigil: Jelly Donut
Registered
Reaction score
And I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it
I li-li-li-like it, li-li-li-li
Here we go
Reppin' all over the world

:hi:

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ohhh. Prey tell, how many reps is that?

And thus far, prior to this delightful thread, I've given reppies when justified... like a warm fuzzie in my heart. Reassure me I'm not violating the principle of the rep system by happily disbursing them every which way? :)

It's either 200 or 250 rep points, so how many reppies it takes depends on how much your reppies are worth. I think mine are worth 5 points (or is it 4? I don't remember anymore), so it takes less reppies to get banned than it does if you're starting out and give out 1 pointers.

And mods only look at reppies if one get reported for being inappropriate, as far as I know. The rep system is for fun, for the most part, so as long as everyone's enjoying it, no worries.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This looks like a really fun comedy movie that we can all identify with as writers :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2114461/

Might be worth a matinee lookee. There's a couple of actors in there I like--though I'm not really sure how interesting that situation is for a movie--but it will be played for laughs. We'll have to see.

I'm totally about to go all fangirl on Del.....

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg you haz a Loki avi!!!! *swoons*

ok, i'm done......for now :D

I haz a Loki writing avi. You may fangirl all you like. Loki's worth it. :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Might be worth a matinee lookee. There's a couple of actors in there I like--though I'm not really sure how interesting that situation is for a movie--but it will be played for laughs. We'll have to see...

It just seemed fun because I think all writers seem to have been there in that situation at one time or another - waiting for a big break, watching someone else get one, etc...

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I grok that for us--I'm just wondering how good it'll do at the box office, since we're not a majority. Or are we, given NaNo's success? Don't know. It'll be interesting to watch.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I finally got to see Thor The Dark World! --

*semi-spoiler alert* white font below:
yeah, at the end I was kinda bummed because as soon as Loki started telling Thor all the nice mushing-gushy-sorry stuff, I was like ... I know what's really going on here, and I was right. Ugh.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Loki rocks. That is all. I would watch an entire movie just about Loki. Thor is fine as a counterpoint to Loki.

And to think, Tom Higgleston originally went out for the part of Thor. Would've been interesting, don't you think?

Jett.

House: RumNcoke; Sigil: Jelly Donut
Registered
Reaction score
Aye! The time hast cometh, upon my reps, that now old ones art pusheth[SUP]1[/SUP] away for the sake of new ones.

1: :roll:

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
Morning Reppers,

I should be working right now, but I'm procrastinating (isn't this place great for that?)
My son won two passes to the circus at his school triathlon last week. Now I have to buy two more so everyone can go, instead of spending nothing and staying at home.

Not sure if winning that prize is a good thing or a bad thing...

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Loki rocks. That is all. I would watch an entire movie just about Loki. Thor is fine as a counterpoint to Loki.

And to think, Tom Higgleston originally went out for the part of Thor. Would've been interesting, don't you think?

Nope, not right for Thor. Not even Liam Hemsworth would have been right for Thor. Lol.

Love him as Higgleston as Loki though -- my mother always says he plays the part so well he must get hate mail from little children. LOL!!!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
the thread is resting. that is all.

oh, and puppy had to be fixed. She's not happy :(

ScreenShot2014-03-19at112154AM_zps4cdb408f.png

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been busy writing, since I've gotten over the walking pnuemonia that plagued last week. I've done about 5K words lately. I might actually finish this blasted book yet!

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I'm going through edits on book II.

My WIP is around 28k

And my daughter just got asked out on a date.

Kinda.

By a Whovian.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I repeat: You say that like it's a bad thing.

I mean, seriously--that kind of judgment coming from a guy who venerates old guys in make-up and massive heels and sticks their tongues out in public. Seriously, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.