Anyone publish on the Huffingtonpost.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to submit to the site, but can't seem to find the submission guidelines anywhere. Any one have any experience with them?

Thx!

so

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
In a 2007 YouTube video, Huffington asked that those interested in blogging for the site to email her or Rachel Sklar. In terms of submission guidelines, I don't believe they are that formal. You can email your idea (or your post if it is complete) with a bio. They welcome anyone who wants to write for them (within reason), because bloggers are not paid.

An AW member, can't remember her screen name, but she's the author of Queen of the Road posted that she wrote for Huffington during the summer.

If someone can provide the OP with QotR's name, Soleary can contact her directly through PM.

Soleary, if you do find the answer please come back and tell us.

Harper K

here's to the girl on the go
Registered
Reaction score
Website
weirdquietgirl.wordpress.com
Just barging in to note that the author of Queen of the Road is Doreen Orion, AKA AW member "Prevostprincess."

I've known a few people who blogged at HuffPo, but they always came through other references -- i.e., one gal was contacted by Rachel Sklar to write a few blog posts, and then others used her name when they queried ("Melissa L. suggested I contact you about writing a post about..."). I think it definitely helps to be familiar with the well-known writers there, and to have a reference, if possible.

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you -- much appreciated! I had a colleague who wrote an article, but he said he just submitted it cold. I am having a hard time finding Rachel or Ms. Huffington's email addresses. I'll keep you posted. Thx!

jerrywaxler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jerrywaxler.com
And why huffington post?

I'm wondering, while on this topic of the Huffington Post, what is it about this site that attracts you? I keep hearing about it, but I know of so many sites, and would like to pick one or two to submit my work.

While at the bookstore I happened to come across a book by the founder of the Huffington Post about politics (Everything Right is Wrong), which looked interesting, but other than knowing of someone who wrote an article on Huffington, I don't know anything about it.

Thanks,
Jerry

Autodidact

...in my Maidenform Bra.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to escritoria for directing me to this thread. To jerry: According to Nielsen NetRatings, Huffington Post had 8.9 million unique visitors in February, 2009 (by way of comparison, the right-leaning Drudge Report had 3.4 million unique visitors).[8]

The Huffington Post has 22 million unique users each month[9] and is the most linked-to blog on the Internet. [wiki] Among other reasons.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I know a regular blogger there, but she was contacted by them because of her background/career. I didn't even think of submitting. Awesome :D Thanks!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/simran-sethi

She likes diggs and all that, btw ;)

PM me if anyone wants my name, etc. to contact her with a project or whatever...

Last edited:

copperbeech

hienama
Registered
Reaction score
What's the latest scoop on blogging for Huffington Post? Anyone have an editorial contact for submission? I'm particularly interested in a contact for the Religion Editor, Paul Raushenbush, though any at this point is something.
Thank you!

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
What's the latest scoop on blogging for Huffington Post? Anyone have an editorial contact for submission? I'm particularly interested in a contact for the Religion Editor, Paul Raushenbush, though any at this point is something.
Thank you!

I'm interested in this, too. My cousin actually blogs for them, so I might just drop his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.