What Are You Reading? The Erotica Edition

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I have seen this on other forums, but not in here. I thought it would be great to see what everyone is reading (or have read). Normally, I try out new authors at the library. I don't have money to buy a lot of books, and when I buy books by new authors, a lot of time I am disappointed.

So lately I stick to my fave few. But I would really like to branch out and try new ones.

I will start. I recently reread Promises by Marie Sexton. I love that book, it is one of my favorites. Not heavy on the sex, but lots of angst. Very emotional. Which I love. If you can make me cry reading your romance, then you will have a lifetime fan in me.

And I just started reading Orion Rising by our own S.A. Meade. I just love the way she writes. Part of it is her style, part of it is I am not used to reading British authors. And I just love the slang! But her characters are always rich and her stories very interesting and well-researched.

So what is everyone else reading??

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
I just finished the two Tucker Springs books, Second Hand and Dirty Laundry. I liked the first one better, it was more of a sweet romance, but the LI made me laugh, he was so clueless. The second one was good too, but I didn't enjoy the characters as much as I did the two in the first one. Oh, and I read Take it Off last night, during a bout of insomnia. It didn't help me get to sleep. ;)

I have Josh Lanyon's Blood Red Butterfly queued up on the reader to start next, after I finish this non-fiction thing about stalkers.

Duppy

The Attic Dweller
Registered
Reaction score
"All She Wrote," by Josh Lanyon.

I love his characterizations, especially the MC. Spastic, grumpy, and self-conscious, with a smooth younger lover who keeps pushing his insecurity button. Fun.

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
Last thing I read was some free 'Big Book of Smut' anthology. It was interesting to see the wide range of talent from good stories to huh...Penthouse must have rejected this one.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
I've just read When the Music Stops by Fuller. It's both a beautiful and disturbing m/m read, burning the boundaries of patient/doctor care, but... for a short, it was a good read.

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished three of the four Edge books by Ilona Andrews. It's a great blend of urban fantasy, high fantasy, and... hillbillies. I'd never have thought of that combination, myself, LOL.

Right now I'm in the middle of "The Shape of Water" by Andrea Camilleri. I'm on a detective binge.

RemaCaracappa

Wouldn't you like to know?
Registered
Reaction score
In my own little world but its ok, they know me he
Well, I JUST read elindsen's Job Interview. Very interesting idea, would definitely read more!

That aside, I've got a couple of sample excerpts from a few of circlet press's anthologies here, trying to decide if, when I actually have some money again, I want to buy any of them.

Other than that, skimming through some mythology because I like this idea I've had for writing nc-17 versions of certain myths- I'm only working on my first erotic story and its based on a myth, I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

I've got quite a stack of books right now that I'm somewhere in the middle of but aside from the above, they are decidedly not erotica.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I read Take it Off last night. *fans self* Downed that in one sitting. Needed a drink afterward.

...and now I have to wait for the *next* one to come out. :(

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I read Dale Gomez's "Master of Her Heart." It's not the sort of thing I usually read, but I really liked it. I saw she (or he?) has other books out, too.

Maryn, whose tastes are eclectic

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
'The Reapers Property(Reapers MC, #1) by Joanne Wylde. I liked it, but there is no doubt that this is a story about a morally tainted and dark motorcycle club that treats women(other than their old ladies) like walking fuck holes and deals in drugs, murder, etc. If you're looking for a good guy to root for and love, this may not be the book for you. If you like things morally ambiguous and dark, with possessive to the point of 'oh no you fucking didn't just call me that' heroes, you'll like it. I loved it. ;)