Quiltbag Cantina and Tearoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42

*will respectfully, calmly, and quietly refrain from making "tearoom" jokes*

I knew it would probably be you who would spot that. I don't think the current under 25s will even recognize it.

Times have changed . . .

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
46946_original.jpg

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
And it's a really great story! Revolutionary war setting plus automatons and the works. I recommend it 100%!

Okay, so I didn't get the tea room reference and did some creative googling. Thanks for the warning friends. :e2thud:

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Hang on--the 'tearoom' thing is an in-joke? I was taking it...literally. Because, I just, uh, like tea.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll let BenP explain...

Deleted member 42

So, yeah. Sorry to do that. Just had to mention it.

Don't be sorry. It's a True Thing. It says a lot about where we've been, and where we're headed.

I mean, look at this election!

Washington, Maryland, Maine look to have same-sex marriage. Tammy Baldwin, woman, vet, amputee, lesbian and a Senator!

Chicks running most of the government in N.H.

I'm actually feeling a little hopeful.

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
And it's a really great story! Revolutionary war setting plus automatons and the works. I recommend it 100%!

Thanks Gale!!! I did do some minor editing . . . the story is the same, and still young adult, but I'm getting braver about adding romantic elements.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
This is going to make weird things turn up in my "suggested" search items, isn't it?

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
This is going to make weird things turn up in my "suggested" search items, isn't it?
You might also just get a lot of boring links to social science research ethics. (Humphreys' Tearoom Trade is a fun example of why we need the IRB.)

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You might also just get a lot of boring links to social science research ethics. (Humphreys' Tearoom Trade is a fun example of why we need the IRB.)

I wonder where Humphreys got his ideas now. I bet he had interesting if unorthodox hobbies.

Deleted member 42

Yep.

He's not well-respected at all, nor should he be. He's an exploitive jerk.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Last night I saw a Brazilian movie based on the Threepenny Opera called La Opera Do Malandro (The Crook's Opera) and had a song based on Pirate Jenny called Geni e o Zepelim (Jenny and the Zeppelin), about a small-town travesti who every throws rock at but appreciated by the local outcasts. One day the town is threatened by a zeppelin but whose pilot avoids attacking falling in love with Geni. She refuses him, but the whole town treats her like a queen for her only to spend one night with him. She accepts and the town is saved, just for the next morning having the people treating her with utter indifference and throwing rocks at her once again.

Have a look at the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.