The Walking Dead - AMC

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
If they kill Daryl, I stop watching the show. Full stop.

This^^^^

I know that no one is safe, that's part of what makes the show so interesting, but they had best save him for last. There are lots of other people they can kill first. Not Daryl (or the kids).

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will be very upset if Daryl, Glen, or Maggie die. They're my faves.

knporter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
knporter.blogspot.com
Andrea is definitely becoming the new Lori of the show, meaning she is becoming useless. The whole Lori being eaten scene is up for debate but that is the best part about the show is that no one knows for sure. This season has been amazing... I just can't get enough.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Not sure if I buy that whole dead smell covering up the fact that she's alive. I mean the body gives off heat and sweat, something a walker doesn't have and they should be able to sense it up close.
Way back in the second or third episode of the first season, Rick and Glenn tried that -- but they put on raincoats and slathered walker guts all over themselves. And even so, it stopped working as soon as a rainshower started washing it off.

One thing I'd want to try is wearing the odor-blocking coveralls made for (incompetent or lazy) deerhunters.

The Woodbury of the tv show is a much nicer place than in the comic. In the book, it's obvious pretty soon that it's a terrible place and that the Governor is a psychopath. I always thought it was a deliberate touch of irony on Kirkland's part -- that the group in the prison was trying to be civilized, while the "civilized" small town was more like a supermax where the inmates had taken over, with the Governor being the meanest, craziest, rapiest inmate. (Seriously, in the comic, instead of having a talk with Michonne, he strips her, hangs her from chains, and tortures and rapes her whenever he gets bored. Sending a team to hunt her down and kill her seems sane by comparison.)

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Andrea is definitely becoming the new Lori of the show, meaning she is becoming useless. The whole Lori being eaten scene is up for debate but that is the best part about the show is that no one knows for sure. This season has been amazing... I just can't get enough.

"Becoming" useless?

They'd better not kill Daryl.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Speaking of Lori being devoured ... sometimes, both in the show and in comments from the people who make the show, I get the impression that they're talking about walkers digesting food. That would require suspending a little more disbelief than I can manage.

Last edited:

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Speaking of Lori being devoured ... sometimes, both in the show and in comments from the people who make the show, I get the impression that they're talking about walkers digesting food. That would require suspending a little more disbelief than I can manage.

Yes...but if Walkers don't eat, they get skinny. Michonne's two pack mules were rail thin. And I think this was discussed in one of the TV Guide interviews with the show creators. So not eating = skinny Walker. Which means their bodies do metabolize what they eat somehow, no? Not that I'm willing to get into an argument over the science of zombieism...

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Yes...but if Walkers don't eat, they get skinny. Michonne's two pack mules were rail thin. And I think this was discussed in one of the TV Guide interviews with the show creators. So not eating = skinny Walker. Which means their bodies do metabolize what they eat somehow, no? Not that I'm willing to get into an argument over the science of zombieism...

And the mad scientist guy with the Governor even said that Michonne's pair were starving, they just starve slower than us.

Which begs the question, what happens when they starve all the way? *shrug*

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Well, if their arms and legs and such work when they're dea, why not their digestive system? If they don't eat? I guess eventually they die all the way. Brain dries up? Maybe that's what happened to those ppl in the cars at the begining of season 2?

I mean, if you cut one of the heads off, it's still alive. But for how long? It can eat, but there's nowhere for the food to go.

MttStrn

Action is my reward..that and bacon
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, my second favorite character from the comic is coming. Tyrese has been cast.

http://tvline.com/2012/11/20/walking-dead-season-3-cast-chad-coleman-tyreese/ They say there are spoilers if you click through. I didn't see any but beware nonetheless.

My favorite from the comic is Andrea but as I've said numerous times, they have ruined her on the show.

Also an interesting article about why one guy thinks Lori might still be alive somehow. I'm behind by two episodes so don't know if he's been proven wrong yet.

http://television.cosmicbooknews.com/content/10-facts-why-lori-is-still-alive-the-walking-dead-tv-show?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_36807

Melanie Dawn

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down.
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, my second favorite character from the comic is coming. Tyrese has been cast.

http://tvline.com/2012/11/20/walking-dead-season-3-cast-chad-coleman-tyreese/ They say there are spoilers if you click through. I didn't see any but beware nonetheless.

My favorite from the comic is Andrea but as I've said numerous times, they have ruined her on the show.

Also an interesting article about why one guy thinks Lori might still be alive somehow. I'm behind by two episodes so don't know if he's been proven wrong yet.

http://television.cosmicbooknews.com/content/10-facts-why-lori-is-still-alive-the-walking-dead-tv-show?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_36807

There is no way Lori is alive, unless Carl lied.

chrysalnix

Registered
Reaction score

I can't help but wonder if Carl did lie about Lori. I guess I have to actually see the characters die before I believe it. She wasn't my favorite character, but still a shame if she did actually die. Remember how Merle cauterized his own arm? Maybe Lori did something similar to survive?

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Digestion -- and building tissue out of what's digested -- require functioning internal organs and a working circulatory system. It requires, well, being alive. Just too much to swallow.

What I'd expect is for a walker, insatiably eating whatever animal he can wrestle down his throat, to gradually get more bloated -- full of rotting, undigested meat -- until he bursts. Which is disgusting.

Now, because I want to keep enjoying the show, I might posit (I guess this would be fanwanking) that walkers do have some kind of vestigial peristalsis that gradually pushes their meals through their bodies. (Filling their filthy pants with undigested, rotting animal and/or human parts.) Though you'd think Daryl would have commented on walker spoor.

We might also suppose walkers gradually grow thinner by simple dehydration.

All this, of course, is ignoring whatever utterly mysterious agent gets them upright and walking. Without respiration and blood circulation, their muscles can't be working the way a living person's do; the chemical mechanism must be quite different.

On a different subject -- whenever, in a movie or show, I see a bad guy (and I think we can call Merle a bad guy at this point) holding a hostage, gun to her head, but with his own face exposed, I wonder why the good guy (in this case Glenn) doesn't take the shot.

Then again, I've never had to try and make a trick shot while full of adrenaline and terrified at the possible imminent death of someone I care about. Also, Glenn's probably never committed an act of violence against a living person in his life. (Whereas Merle seems to be real comfortable with doing so.)

Melanie Dawn

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down.
Registered
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if Carl did lie about Lori. I guess I have to actually see the characters die before I believe it. She wasn't my favorite character, but still a shame if she did actually die. Remember how Merle cauterized his own arm? Maybe Lori did something similar to survive?

god don't say that! I want her to stay dead... at least Carol is alive.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
On a different subject -- whenever, in a movie or show, I see a bad guy (and I think we can call Merle a bad guy at this point) holding a hostage, gun to her head, but with his own face exposed, I wonder why the good guy (in this case Glenn) doesn't take the shot.

Then again, I've never had to try and make a trick shot while full of adrenaline and terrified at the possible imminent death of someone I care about. Also, Glenn's probably never committed an act of violence against a living person in his life. (Whereas Merle seems to be real comfortable with doing so.)

This I can answer. That would be an extremely difficult shot to make with a hand gun for someone like Glen who although may be a good shot with all the practice he's had, isn't about to be able to make it and not be at a greater risk of hitting Maggie who's in front of Merle. His hand wouldn't be 100% steady, Merle wouldn't be standing perfectly still and Maggie would also be moving.

There's a reason why police officers are taught to shoot for center body mass.

On the other hand, he shouldn't have surrendered his weapon. As long as he keeps his weapon on Merle, it's a standstill. If Merle kills Maggie, Glen kills Merle. Merle would therefore not shoot Maggie. It's a standoff. Of course, on TV, this never happens.

maggi90w1

CAVE!
Registered
Reaction score
There is no way Lori is alive, even if Carl didn't shoot her. Nobody survives a c-section without proper surgical care and meds. She would have bled to death in a matter of minutes.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is no way Lori is alive, even if Carl didn't shoot her. Nobody survives a c-section without proper surgical care and meds. She would have bled to death in a matter of minutes.

I think this is why they haven't opted for showing us the gruesome details. Walker world or not, no one is surviving that. Though, now that I think about it, I remember that being a plot point in Spartacus, back when I use to watch it.

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
I echo everyone else about Daryl. He's the only one I've let myself get attached to, which made this last episode overly stressful for me. All I could think of was when a zombie was gonna jump out of nowhere and gnaw on the poor guy. I like to enjoy my shows; not be stressed out by them. As for everyone else, let 'em die; makes no difference to me.

Of course, this all means that Daryle will be dead next episode. And I'm kinda hoping that Merle dies or something before finding Daryl, because at this point all I can imagine coming from such a reunion is an extra episode of unneeded drama. Daryl's not remotely the same person he was when Merle got separated from the group, and in this day and age I have a hard time believing that 'brotherly bonds' would be enough to make Daryl leave the group. Because there is no chance that Merle's joining it. I might stop watching if that happens; either that or the writers better make it darned believable.

Show of hands: Who here was kindsortamaybealittlebit hoping that Rick shot Michonne when he saw her through the fence? Even though you knew there was no way it could happen?

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Good grief, someone smacked Andrea with the stupid stick a few too many times. I get her attraction to Shane, but this yahoo?

I like where it left off and am excited to see Rick and Michonne interact.

YAY for Carol!

angeluscado

Registered
Reaction score
If Daryl dies, my house is not going to be a happy place for a few days.

Man, I hope Glenn and Maggie end up okay - I like both of them, Glenn because he's awesome and Maggie because I liked Lauren Cohan when she was on Supernatural.

Can't wait for the next episode, sad that we're almost halfway through the season already and I'm going to be sad when it goes on hiatus in a few months :(