The Bouncy Castle in Space

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
And I just did a super crazy happy dance around my living room while my kids looked at me like I was bonkers because of a request from a dream-agent. I've been querying for a month, and I had gotten a few requests in the first week, and then it had been a long, quiet month. Soooo excited.
That's great news! Yay!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I just did a super crazy happy dance around my living room while my kids looked at me like I was bonkers because of a request from a dream-agent. I've been querying for a month, and I had gotten a few requests in the first week, and then it had been a long, quiet month. Soooo excited.

Nice!!!! Fingers crossed!

Happy weekend bouncings to all!:hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:
:hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:

I'm happy because I am halfway recovered from some hideous Child Zombieism Virus I caught from Cute Student when she was sent to school sick this week. Stage 1: Sense of Impending Doom. Stage 2: Sore throat. Stage 3: Mild To Moderate Zombieism (Apparently I looked so pale and ready to keel over yesterday that my lead teacher interrupted class to offer me Dayquil and gave me a bottle of water to drink, then told all the other teachers to keep an eye on me...) Stage 4: Feeling Better But With An Appalling Runny Nose Like A Revolting Five Year Old. Stage 5: ?????? Two other teachers were infected, but they are a few stages behind me. The horror!

Anyone have good weekend plans that involve straying more than six feet away from a box of tissues?

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to a country music concert to hear Lauren Alaina, Easton Corbin, Justin Moore and I don't know who else. Tonight we went to the Apple Blossom Festival. We usually don't do that much.

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Sage!
Good luck, Joy!
Feel better, Kitty!
Have fun, Sissy!

I'm just happy to be done with 3 days of jury duty.

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'll spend tomorrow at the theater. My kids are big into musical theater, and tomorrow is their final performance in Starmites.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this show. But my kids love it, and find it really empowering.

I shall see how I feel after actually watching it from the audience. Until now I've been working backstage all the time. I can see why people seem to either love this show, or hate it. I'm excited to actually get to see it properly tomorrow. :)

Does anyone here know this show? If so, how do you feel about it?

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Yikes--big storms here, with hail and possible tornadoes. We are sitting in the basement. 100 people were injured and one was killed downtown when a big tent blew down while people were celebrating the Cardinals win. My daughter is camping in Illinois, but she says the weather is fine there. So far, anyway.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stay safe, Ruth. And keep checking in to let us know you're okay! :Hug2:

Hope you enjoyed your day at the theater, britwriter. :)

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
It looks like the worst is over, at least for now. And the storms don't seem to be going near where daughter is camping, which cuts down on my anxiety considerably. :)

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello gang!! I have not been around the kidlit threads for a while and come here tonight with sad news.

One of our own AW'ers will soon be leaving this earthly world for a much better place. Her daughter sent Mac a message from her for all of us. Please take a minute to bid a dear, sweet lady good-bye. She truly did welcome most of us when we joined and it was my honor to say fare-well.

'How do you like your popcorn?'
CactusWendy---we love you!

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243741

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very sad, indeed. Wendy is a great person, and she will definitely be missed. :(

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, she will! By all of AW members who were so welcomed by her.

I'm sorry I haven't checked in more often now! I have been in the YA forum mostly. I completed my first YA Novel and the full is in the hands of an agent now! My heart is still in kidlit, but the voices in my head said... so now I've begun my 2nd YA Novel. I'll be sure to keep you all posted---I feel like my roots were planted here. I still check out some of the prompts, may have to dive back in one day soon! Miss kidlit bunches!!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about Wendy. I'm sure she has helped me from time to time.

Ruth - I'm glad to hear the worst is over. Hope everyone is safe. I didn't know that area was scheduled for threatening weather today.

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I was sorry to hear about Wendy too. I didn't know her, but knew of her, as she was very active on the boards.

I'm not going to let (even such dire) news dissuade me from doing my happy dance, though. I sold over 400 copies of SZJMB this month!

We'll see what happens in May. The problem with ebook sales is you never know when they are going to drop-off. Still, I can celebrate this month, at least.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know you've led a successful after-school class when the kid who spent the whole school year as the Poster Boy For Having A Bad Attitude skips out of the room gleefully shouting "I'm making pirate monkeys a cliche!!!!" I love the fourth graders.

Also! It's been a momentous week. Although I still have the same job and still deal with the same amount of pee-pants and "spit that out in my hand right this second or else mister" and piteous shrieking and the rest...I am now a student teacher! :D

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Woot - Woot! Way to go Kitty! I bet you'll be an excellent teacher; the kind kids remember even when they grow old like (some) of us. :partyguy:

And Sissy, Yes, other kidlit authors are seeing stronger sales too, but I think it's too soon to call it a trend, yet.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Kitty - that's stupendously fabulastic! You're going to make a great teacher, and the kids are going to learn so much about writing their own stories that we'll have a whole new generation of prolific writers to entertain us in our geriatric years. Oh, wait, I'm almost there.

Seriously, you will rock their world with your attitude.