XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

unruley700

save us from sleep and what we are
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all! I'm going to finish this first draft today if it kills me. Which, hopefully it won't because I have another few drafts to go. :)

You better not die! I wanna ready the sequel.

The vein on my forehead is going to explode in a torrent of blood if I have to explain the difference between kilts and skirts again... It'll turn the Cantina into a scene from Evil Dead.

You're gonna cut off your hand and put a chainsaw on to it? :sword That's a little overboard, don't ya think?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
:e2thud:

What a busy day at work! But I got sooo much done, so I'm happy.

I'm just exhausted, though. Little loud cat spent the night being loud, thus my sleep wasn't that great. He seems to have gotten over whatever that was all about, though.

Oh, and kilts rock. Just saying.

I have no interesting links to share at the moment.
:e2bummed:

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Idle hands... Devil's work... If this continues I'll be forced to be all productive and stuff.

That... that avatar is a Scottish Judge, is it not?

Man, I am out of the loop on what's been going on with 2000AD...

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
That... that avatar is a Scottish Judge, is it not?

Man, I am out of the loop on what's been going on with 2000AD...

It is. And FWIW, the character is from... ten years ago? More? I really need to check up on that. The newer material still kicks an unholy amount of ass, and manages to shock even me now and again (and that is some feat).

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
GAIS,

I gotta get better. Being off work is nice, but if I don't work, I don't get paid. I have a feeling that I'm not progressing as fast as I typically should for taking antibiotics.

:(

Is does sound like you picked up a nasty bug. Talk to the Dr. again?

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
It is. And FWIW, the character is from... ten years ago? More? I really need to check up on that. The newer material still kicks an unholy amount of ass, and manages to shock even me now and again (and that is some feat).

Annnnd this is what I get for focusing too much on American comics.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
GAIS,

I gotta get better. Being off work is nice, but if I don't work, I don't get paid. I have a feeling that I'm not progressing as fast as I typically should for taking antibiotics.

internet time is weird... didn't you just like... get antibiotics yesterday? Am I wrong?

*pat head* there, there!

*lysols hand*

Holy crap. I think this gothic romance is gonna be edited between today and tomorrow.... the urban fantasy is probably pissed, that thing took 3 months and is still shite....

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Get moar sleep too TJ

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Annnnd this is what I get for focusing too much on American comics.

This hopefully doesn't sound too pretentious, though it will probably be taken the wrong way by some folks - I am completely "meh" about superheroes. I love, love, love all the old westerns (Gaylord DuBois is a legend, the Gold Key westerns are brilliant, and nearly everything which came out of Fawcett is eminently readable), the mystery stuff is great, and I have a special place in my heart for the early funnies (the successors to the newspaper strip reprints), but superheroes? Nope. Spider-Man (especially late sixties and early seventies) is idiotic beyond words, and Superman (especially so from the mid-fifties on) is utterly unreadable most of the time.

I suppose it is my own fault for having read all the best stuff first...

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
:(

Is does sound like you picked up a nasty bug. Talk to the Dr. again?

internet time is weird... didn't you just like... get antibiotics yesterday? Am I wrong?

*pat head* there, there!

*lysols hand*

Holy crap. I think this gothic romance is gonna be edited between today and tomorrow.... the urban fantasy is probably pissed, that thing took 3 months and is still shite....

Yes, I did get the drugs yesterday, but I got a whole day's worth of bug killers in my system and usually I feel so much better that morning after and I'm not so much.

If I'm not improved by tomorrow morning, I'll be visiting the doctor again.

I probably need a nap too!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
As a Clarkson, a proud sept member of Clan Cameron, let me state for the record that KILTS ARE SMEXY!!!! And dont' let anyody tell you different!!

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I suppose it is my own fault for having read all the best stuff first...

I admit to have fallen by the wayside on reading traditional superhero comics. Most of the American comics I read now are by people like Neil Gaiman, Allan Moore and Mike Carey, although, all of them being British, you could argue that I'm not reading American comics anyway.

However, there's a lot of excellent non-superhero stuff being put out by American publishers. Fables, The Walking Dead, and whackier stuff like Scott Pilgrim are all very unusual, readable and unsuper-heroish.

Status
Not open for further replies.