I need some help finding a small Christian publisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a co-worker who self-pubbed a book with Tate in 2010. She isn't very happy with her results, but she's not totally dissatisfied with Tate either.

I recommended AW to her. We checked out some of the Bewares and Background checks, and of course found Tate there.

Anyway, I told her I would search AW to see if there are any small Christian publishing houses for her. She's finished the second book as a companion to the first, and is starting a third. Is it even possible to publish the other two traditionally?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If they stand alone and are good enough, there's no reason she can't find a commercial press for them.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Desert Breeze is a publisher of sweet (G and PG rated) romance including Christian. I've been very happy with them.

There's also Mountain View, but I'm not sure how caught up Lee is right now. Other names that come to mind (barring, of course, their having been skarphed up by conglomerates and I just haven't heard yet): Whitaker House, DeWard Publishing, OakTara.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine had a book published with Father's Press and was satisfied. I looked over their website, and it looks like the author will have to do a lot of the marketing legwork. At least they're honest about it. I don't know if they are a vanity press. My friend's other works were with iUniverse, a vanity, and Treble Heart, which seems to require a minimum purchase of your own book, so this might be of the same ilk.

JBClemmens

Patient Seahorse
Registered
Reaction score
Christian publishers

Hi Gretad08. The only ones I found were West Bow (Self-publishing division of Nelson and not small), Baker Book House for religious related fiction in Grand Rapids MI and Broadman Holman Publishers in Nashville. I hope you find one. JB Clemmens

John Olexa

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Gretad08. The only ones I found were West Bow (Self-publishing division of Nelson and not small), Baker Book House for religious related fiction in Grand Rapids MI and Broadman Holman Publishers in Nashville. I hope you find one. JB Clemmens

I have heard good things about West Bow. A lot of the Bible studys book I buy are from Thomas Nelson

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
If your buddy is not okay with Tate, IMO she will not be okay with WestBow. Pay-to-play, not actually affiliated with Nelson though they claim to be, and publishing through Author Solutions (which is what WestBow basically is), is extremely expensive. She can self-pub on her own on much better terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.