Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Now We're Cookin'!
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
Sarita
PBS Mind/MTV World

Sarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Recipe Contests!

Okay, so I figured it would be nice to have a centralized location for contests.

Here's one I found in BHG's May Issue:

Prize Tested Recipes Contest

December 2008 Categories:
Fruitcakes - Traditional & Not
Thirty Minute Soups

Deadline: via email - 5/23/08
mail - postmarked by 5/23/08 and received by 5/31/08

Prizes: $400 (2) $200 (2) $50 (10)

Here are the complete details: http://www.bhg.com/recipes/win-money/

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.~ Hugo
Sarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:02 AM   #2
Sarita
PBS Mind/MTV World

Sarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
They're also holding a yearly contest.

Details here: BHG Annual Contest

Old 05-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
L M Ashton
crazy spec fic writer

L M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputation
Contests are only open to legal residents of the US.

Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn | Walking the World | Chilli & Chocolate

Looking for something within AW? You can also use Google. Type "site:absolutewrite.com/forums/ search terms" where you put your own search terms in and you don't use the quotation marks. Easy peasy!
L M Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:05 AM   #4
Sarita
PBS Mind/MTV World

Quote:
Originally Posted by L M Ashton View Post
Contests are only open to legal residents of the US.
Boo! Sorry.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:24 AM   #5
Angela_785
Banned for Spamming

Angela_785 is a glorious beacon of lightAngela_785 is a glorious beacon of light
Double boo! *cries* Must I always be penalized for not living in the US??
Angela_785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:27 AM   #6
Little Red Barn
haz own threads

Little Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hmm, I have a refreshing summer cucumber soup recipe...
Thanks Sara!