Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #26
James81
Great Scott Member

James81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames81 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It means spring has arrived! Yay!

(that is according to the old song: Gone away is the bluebird, here to stay is the new bird... and that song was about winter so there ya go)
Old 05-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #27
CaroGirl
Living the dream

CaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaroGirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by James81 View Post
It means spring has arrived! Yay!

(that is according to the old song: Gone away is the bluebird, here to stay is the new bird... and that song was about winter so there ya go)
Not according to reality. Bluejays don't migrate. We see them all winter, practically every day. Around here, it's the robin that's a sign of spring.

I'm feeling literal today.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:37 AM   #28
rhymegirl
Summer Is Back!

rhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickWit View Post
Doesn't a Blue Jay on your fence mean it's time to get a new fence? Isn't that the joke from Kindergarten?
Oh look, it's licketysplit.

I don't know, QW. I never went to kindergarten.

It Bloggles the Mind
rhymegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:43 AM   #29
quickWit
Totally Ninja!

quickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymegirl View Post
Oh look, it's licketysplit.

I don't know, QW. I never went to kindergarten.
Failed the placement exam?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:46 AM   #30
Seaclusion
Absolute Parsley

Seaclusion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeaclusion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeaclusion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeaclusion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeaclusion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeaclusion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeaclusion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeaclusion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeaclusion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeaclusion is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeaclusion is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Didn't like fingerpainting???

Richard
Old 05-13-2008, 01:12 AM   #31
rhymegirl
Summer Is Back!

rhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickWit View Post
Failed the placement exam?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaclusion View Post
Didn't like fingerpainting???

Richard
No, to both.

It was deemed unnecessary for me to attend kindergarten. Didn't need it.

It Bloggles the Mind
Old 05-13-2008, 01:17 AM   #32
quickWit
Totally Ninja!

quickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
It was deemed unnecessary for me to attend kindergarten. Didn't need it.
And you've proven that evaluation correct admirably. Knowing the days of the week, the weather. I'll bet you can even color inside the lines and everything.

You're an inspiration to us all.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:30 AM   #33
rhymegirl
Summer Is Back!

You forgot count on my fingers.

It Bloggles the Mind
Old 05-13-2008, 01:40 AM   #34
quickWit
Totally Ninja!

Quote:
You forgot count on my fingers.
Show off.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:32 AM   #35
Appalachian Writer
Somewhere in the hills....

Appalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAppalachian Writer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sorry. I've studied all the folklore of the Appalachians, diligently searching out bird lore. If you see an owl in the daytime, some say there'll be a wedding and some say a death. A crow on your house (maybe even your fence) is bad luck. Gold finches bode well, as do bluebirds. A robin sighting signals spring is here, and a cardinal sighting means it's going to rain. No luck with bluejays, either in finding lore about them or in determining whether they bring luck. I'd say, seeing a bluejay on your fence just means that you saw a bluejay on your fence.

http://wkeverhart.blogspot.com
http://raphaelsvillage.com/
working revisions:
book 1...now at 97,702 complete! finished.
book 2...now at 40,551
Appalachian Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:16 AM   #36
rhymegirl
Summer Is Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian Writer View Post
A crow on your house (maybe even your fence) is bad luck.
Uh oh. We also have a bunch of crows around our house.

Quote:
I'd say, seeing a bluejay on your fence just means that you saw a bluejay on your fence.
Ah. Well then. The mystery is solved. Thanks!

It Bloggles the Mind