EPUBbed and down--

kiplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thecityofroses.com
Oh, hey, so I went and I did it: gathered the first 11 chapters of City of Roses together and put them into a single ebook, and then I released it into the wild.

102.jpg

(Think of it like the half-season DVD sets that Battlestar Galactica put out when they did those split seasons. Complete with nasty cliffhanger.)

I'm going the self-publishing route because, well, for a variety of reasons: it's an epic serial of novelette-length chapters; there's questions of tone and market; mostly, I'm impatient. Chapters are released for free in HTML and as paper zines, but enough people said enough times that they'd like larger chunks all in one place that I finally decided to give it a shot. (We will save the grumbling about EPUB and MOBI and etc. for a later date and another thread.) --It's available at Smashwords and Lulu and of course directly from me and while I might put on a mildly dismissive air it's nonetheless weird and a little bit tricky how all of a sudden it all feels that much more real, y'know?

So. There's that.

Deleted member 42

It's very good. It's not exactly like anything else I've read.

I'd say it's sorta interestitial, and sorta Urban Fantasy, but mostly, it's a really good story.

You lot are lucky; I've been waiting years for this story, reading it serially.

You get a big chunk. I'm so jealous . . .

Last edited by a moderator:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs on your first good review (see above). :D Looks interesting.

And Glee is also going the half-season DVD route. I look at this as proof of a show's popularity -- the fans just can't wait!