DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Okay, I'll leave her some cookies and milk, just like Santa.

That's it! You can blame the ultimate political figure! Santa Claus!

*gets excited*

How can an old man who sneaks into your house while your sleeping and leaves you "presents" be political? Kind of creepy maybe but not political.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you have to consider the religious background of Santa, combined with the fact that a lot of socioeconomic decisions revolve around Christmas. And if you want more politics, allow me to relate a story:

Where I live in Adelaide, last year they had the retail stores open on Christmas day, because it was a Saturday (I think). We didn't have Christmas day off until the Monday.

Thus, for 2 weeks prior, the papers were full of unions and government arguing their points.

Totally political. And it would've been a non-issue if it hadn't been for Santa and his forceful holiday.

/delirious rant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well, you have to consider the religious background of Santa, combined with the fact that a lot of socioeconomic decisions revolve around Christmas. And if you want more politics, allow me to relate a story:

Where I live in Adelaide, last year they had the retail stores open on Christmas day, because it was a Saturday (I think). We didn't have Christmas day off until the Monday.

Thus, for 2 weeks prior, the papers were full of unions and government arguing their points.

Totally political. And it would've been a non-issue if it hadn't been for Santa and his forceful holiday.

/delirious rant

Religious elements of Santa are for one of those debate thingys.;)

As far his misuse and abuse at the greedy hands of the corporate world, you can hardly fault him.

The villain you seek also wears a suit, votes regular and donates to funds to campaigns that further his economic agenda. Has likely never gone without a meal or wore a pair of shoes with a hole in them. Nothing against them but may they have flat tires for their fancy cars and Damien like offspring.;)

Last edited:

envision

novice novelist
Registered
Reaction score
I say blame a pop icon. Or, you could blame a politician. Or, do what politicians are now doing and blame a hacker pretending to be a politician ;).

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
pink_sheep.jpg

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know, mighty Tigress. You've presented some fine alternatives, but Boston and Rob are the little-black-dresses of blame. You know. Classics.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
ALWAYS blame it on the boogie.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't know, mighty Tigress. You've presented some fine alternatives, but Boston and Rob are the little-black-dresses of blame. You know. Classics.
Blaming those two never goes out of style.

I think Boston likes hating me. But for the record, I don't know why. I have always been sweet and helpful to him.

I would never, I repeat never, ask anyone to, ummm let's say reppie alleged scary clown pics to a person with the user name of slcboston. That's slcboston. No not me. I would never do that to slcboston. Nope. Never.

You know me. And he asked me for a poll. How nice is that. Yep, I'm too nice, I tell you.

Last edited:

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
also I'd never blame an honest politician or a unicorn.:tongue

:yessmiley

I think Boston likes hating me. But for the record, I don't know why. I have always been sweet and helpful to him.

It's a love/hate relationship: he loves to hate you. :D

Also, hormones are ultimately responsible for everything. I always blame those.

envision

novice novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm with the other poster: Why not blame Santa Claus? I mean, he promotes unhealthy eating, he breaks into houses, he gives away toys to children who probably haven't held down a steady job, and who knows whether or not those "elves" of his are legal.

sailor

still new
Registered
Reaction score
Since I'm uncomfortable selecting someone that I don't know, I say blame a mod. The powers that be are always blameworthy for something.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Since I'm uncomfortable selecting someone that I don't know, I say blame a mod. The powers that be are always blameworthy for something.

You could get schmooed for that, you know? One minute you're a cute lovable tiger, next minute you're a purple my little pony with sparkles on your backside.

*shudders*

sailor

still new
Registered
Reaction score
Schmoo a shparkly, shimmering shailor? That would be...shocking.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
The only thing that would be shocking is not getting the cookies. It would also be potentially dangerous if the coffee was de-caff ...