Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW Library > Romance/Chick Lit/Women's
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
Captcha
Hmmm... I think I disagree.

Captcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Sherwood, Kate

Title: Dark Horse
Author(s): Kate Sherwood
Publication Date: June 11, 2010
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Format: Print, e-book
ISBN:
978-1-61581-466-4 (e-book); 978-1-61581-465-7 (print)
Price: $6.99 (e-book), $14.95; $17.99 (print)

Link: e-book, print
Link to author's website: KateSherwoodBooks

Dan thinks about just driving, leaving the whole mess behind. He's got enough money. He could just arrange to get his stuff and his horse shipped to wherever he's going. Taking off is what he used to do when things got to be too much, and it worked pretty well, really.

Dan Wheeler thought he'd found lasting love and stability with his life and work partner, Justin Archer. But when Dan finds himself alone again, still working as a horse trainer for Justin's parents, he has to find a way to accept that his perfect life is gone forever.

Then he meets billionaire Evan Kaminski, who arrives to buy a horse for his younger sister, and Evan's lover Jeff Stevens, a horse trainer who seems to understand more than just Dan's job. Struggling to deal with all the upheavals in his life, Dan finds himself drawn to both Evan's mercurial passion and Jeff's quiet wisdom. Is Dan strong enough to take a chance on new love, or would it be better—safer—for him to be alone?

Captcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:28 AM   #2
Captcha

Captcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCaptcha is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Title:Out of the Darkness
Publication Date:August 9, 2010
ISBN:
978--161581-5-555 (e-book); 978-1-61581-554-8 (print)
Price: $6.99 (e-book), $14.95; $17.99 (print)

“It's hard enough with two people. Throwing a third into the mix is… I don't know, doesn't it seem like we're asking for trouble?”

It hasn't been easy, but horse trainer Dan Wheeler is beginning to build a new life for himself, finding his place in California with his lovers Evan Kaminski and Jeff Stevens. When things are going well, it's spectacular: there's affection, humor, and passion. But things don't seem to go well all that often.

Dan continues to struggle with the loss of his previous lover and sometimes doubts that he even deserves to be happy; Evan is jealous of every rival for Dan's attention—including Jeff; and Jeff worries that he's too old for the younger men and wonders if he should bow out completely. Despite his resolutions, Dan has grown attached to the other two men, but he's not sure that's enough. He knows that it hurts to be together—he needs to decide whether it would hurt even more to be apart.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:33 AM   #3
Captcha

Title:Lost Treasure
Publication Date: November 6, 2010
ISBN:
978-1-61581-672-9 (e-book); 978-1-61581-671-2 (print)
Price: $6.99 (e-book), $14.95 (print)

When Kyle Champlain’s grandmother, Molly, passes away, he returns to Wetlake, Canada, to settle her estate. Kyle spent his summers in Wetlake as a child, and now he has the chance to renew his acquaintance with some old friends, including Ryan Summers, before going home to Chicago. But when Kyle tries to pressure Ryan into a business decision, their renewed friendship—and any possible attraction--is almost immediately on the rocks.

As Kyle begins to deliver the personalized bequests from Molly’s will, he meets an odd assortment of people from all walks of life and realizes he has a lot to learn about living and love. But he’ll have to fight his parents, suspicious beneficiaries, and Ryan’s fears if he plans to stay in Wetlake.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:11 AM   #4
Captcha

Sherwood, Kate

Title: Trifecta
Publication Date: March 2011
Publisher: Loose ID
ISBN:
978-1-60737-973-7 (e-book); 978-1611183849 (print)
Price: $6.99 (e-book), $9.99 (print)

Mark and Alistair think they’re happy with their open relationship -- they can have all the anonymous sex they want, and still come home to each other for love and affection. That changes when they discover that they’ve both hooked up with the same guy, and, worse, that they’re both falling for him.

Tyler is a take-it-as-it-comes type, happy to coast through life on his good looks and charm. He doesn’t have ambitions and doesn’t make plans, but when he finds himself involved with Mark and then Alistair, he starts wishing that he could have something more long-term.

Nobody has any doubt that sex between the three of them would be fantastic, considering how hot things are when there’s only two involved. But can they make it something more? Is the threesome destined to be a scorching memory, or can they find a way to overcome their challenges and hit the trifecta?

Last edited by Captcha; 03-01-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
Captcha

Sherwood, Kate

Title: Shying Away
Publication Date: April 2011
ISBN:
978-1-61581-939-3(e-book); 978-1-61581-938-6 (print)
Price: $6.99 (e-book), $14.99 (print)

Quinn Donahue will do anyone once, so when Aaron Miller spots Quinn making his moves in a Vancouver gay bar, Aaron thinks he's found just the guy to relieve him of his unwanted virginity. Quinn, however, has apparently decided to make an exception to his usual open-bed policy. He may be an unrepentant connoisseur of one-night stands, but he's not going to disappoint a sweet kid like Aaron by giving him a hot night and then leaving while the sheets are still warm.

After Quinn takes a job at Aaron's family horse farm, Aaron spots both the demons and the decency that drive Quinn's frequent brush-offs, and it makes Aaron want him even more. But Quinn is determined that Aaron won't go home with a man who doesn't deserve him, so he starts sending likely candidates Aaron's way. It takes a grim act of sacrifice for Aaron to realize exactly why Quinn's been so skittish, and he’ll have to keep a firm grip on the man of his dreams to keep Quinn from shying away.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
Captcha

Sherwood, Kate

Title: Home Ice (novella)
Publication Date: November 2011
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Format: e-book
ISBN:
Price: $5.20 (e-book)
Link: e-book

When they were young men playing on the same hockey team, the heat between Jason and Mike had been almost enough to melt the ice they were skating on. But Mike went off to be a star in the NHL and Jason stayed behind to start his life as the dedicated, deeply closeted coach of the town’s junior hockey team.

Now Mike is back in town and Jason finds that their passion burns as hot as ever. But they’re both still in the closet, and when Jason is threatened with exposure, he freezes. The flames of desire can’t melt Jason’s fears but maybe, just maybe, the warmth of love will thaw the ice.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #7
Captcha

Sherwood, Kate

Title: More Than Chemistry (novella)
Publication Date: February 2012
ISBN:
978-1-61372-380-7
Price: $5.20 (e-book)
Jack Lawson grew up poor and can’t forget it. He’s a huge success in the business world, but it won’t be enough until the image of “poor little Jack” is completely wiped away. When Jack runs into his old friend, Noah Mercier, he decides that Noah’s sister, an up-and-coming movie star, would be the perfect evidence of glamorous success. If Jack can win Hayley, it will be clear to everyone, including himself, that he has truly arrived.

The problem with Jack’s grand plan is that he’s more attracted to Noah. Jack’s never worried about the gender of his conquests, but Noah just isn’t flashy enough for Jack’s scheme to set the world on fire... unless Jack realizes he has practically no control over deciding who he wants—and even less choice in who he needs.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
Captcha

Title: Of Dark and Bright
Publication Date: March 2012
ISBN:
978-1-61372-432-3 (e-book); 978-1-61372-431-6 (print)

Sequel to Out of the Darkness

Jeff, Evan, and Dan have been living happily together for the past two years. They still have problems, especially between Evan and Dan, but they’re mostly able to convert the interpersonal disagreements to sexual tension—and then resolve it—so nobody’s complaining.

Then Dan’s long-lost sister shows up seven months pregnant and on the run from the law, and the situation goes from complicated to overwhelming. Jeff and Evan want to help, but with Evan fearful for his own sister’s safety and Jeff struggling to keep his health issues under wraps, they’re a little distracted. As Dan's sister struggles with her past, Evan's seems intent on gambling with her future. With emotions and family ties pulling them in different directions, the threesome have to hold together—or the people they love may tear them apart.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #9
Captcha

Title: Shining Armor
Publication Date: April 2, 2012
Publisher: Liquid Silver Books
ISBN:
978-1-59578-899-3
Price: $5.95

Twelve years ago, Mark McCormick escaped an abusive home and a town that had turned on him. Now he's back for Meg, the sister he left behind. She’s been seriously injured in a car accident, and somebody needs to look after her small children and struggling business. Tara Hudson is an expert on the kids and the business; she could make things easy for Mark, if only she didn’t hate him.

Forced to work together, Mark and Tara become a team, and then something more. But there’s still a lot of anger and distrust between them. Mark was hurt when Tara’s family, along with everyone else, believed the worst of him twelve years earlier. And Tara still carries the pain of his departure; he’d been her first crush, maybe even her first love, and she’d felt betrayed when he left without a backwards glance. They could be something special, now, but only if they’re both able to let go of the past. Can they shed the armor that’s keeping them from truly loving each other?
Old 05-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
Captcha

Title: The Shift
Publication Date: May 22, 2012
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
ISBN:
978-1-60928-959-1
Price: $3.50

Link: http://store.samhainpublishing.com/t...ft-p-6820.html

Two men, too many monsters.

Raised off the grid, Cash has trained all his life to protect humanity from The Shift—a mysterious force that creates monsters capable of unspeakable destruction. For Cash and his warrior family, risks are just part of the job and death is an ever-present possibility.

When his daredevil tendencies defeat a monster but leave him over his head in a puddle of green goo, Cash figures his number is up…until he’s plucked to safety by a devastatingly handsome stranger.

Toby needs no weapons to fight The Shift, that’s why he’s perfected the art of laying low. Sudden moves draw unwanted attention, but he can’t stand by and watch Cash drown. Big mistake—it isn’t long before Cash is returning the favor, rescuing him from kidnappers intent on harnessing his genetic enhancements.

On the run with danger nipping at their heels, romantic sparks fly between them. But there’s no trust without truth, and things get complicated when Toby reveals everything Cash has fought against is a lie. The time has come to decide who’s the real monster—and whose side he’s on. Product Warnings

Super-romance, Super-sex, Super-heroism. Super-hot. Moments of Super-cute.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #11
Captcha

Title: Room to Grow
Publication Date: August 7, 2012
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
ISBN:
978-1-60928-960-7
Price: $3.50

Link: http://store.samhainpublishing.com/r...ow-p-6957.html
Link to author's website: www.katesherwoodbooks.com

Until it’s freed from the closet, love will only wither on the vine.

Cole Wheaton is out in every sense of the word—out of the closet, and recently out of a bad relationship. He hopes the new contract to design a garden for the McLeans will be the distraction he needs to get his life back on track, but there’s something about David McLean that intrigues him…and sets off warning bells.

Somewhere in the middle of a bonding chat with the passionate landscape designer, David realizes he’s attracted to Cole. It’s nothing new—he’s secretly been acting on these impulses for a while. But there’s something different, something stronger with Cole that tells him acting out with Cole will be a life-changer.

Determined not to saddle himself with another closet-case, Cole does his best to resist the temptation David presents. But David, watching Cole’s easy acceptance of his own sexuality, realizes it’s time to stop living a lie. An open marriage and cheap one-night stands aren’t enough, not anymore.

Cautious friendship grows into affection…then passion. But until they’re both ready to cut ties to their pasts, the obstacles still walling them apart could be too high for love to breach.Product Warnings

Contains drunken licking between friends. May cause a sudden interest in garden design.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:28 AM   #12
Captcha

Beneath the Surface

Title: Beneath the Surface
Publication Date: August 20, 2012
Format: e-book, print
ISBN:
e-book 978-1-61372-688-4, print 978-1-61372-687-7
Price: e-book $6.99
, print $14.99
Link: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/sto...oducts_id=3162

When Peter Carr’s company sends him to Southwestern Ontario to sweet-talk the town into agreeing to a gravel quarry proposal, he welcomes the challenge. Technically he’s a lawyer, but really he’s a problemsolver. He just never expected the problem to be Caleb Sinclair, the passionate but introverted artisan carpenter who lives next to the proposed quarry site.

“Know your enemy.” That’s Caleb’s philosophy. And trying to turn fertile farmland into a gravel pit earns Peter the title of “enemy.” Caleb loves that land, and if he has to make peace with his homophobic neighbors to make war on Peter, so be it. Except knowing his enemy doesn’t turn out anything like he expected. Peter’s not the fairy-tale monster—he just might be the first step to happy ever after.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #13
Captcha

Title: Poor Little Rich Boy

Publication Date: September 20, 2012

Publisher: Self-Published (ksb=kate sherwood books)

Format: e-book, print

ISBN: e-book 978-0-9881530-1-1, print 978-0-9881530-0-4

Price: e-book $5.99, print $14.95

Link: Amazon is here, but it should be available from most e-tailers, eventually...

Nick Colton was a spoiled rich kid when he ran away from Seattle, leaving his best friend and lover Alex Diaz behind. Ten years later, he’s back.

He says he’s there to donate bone marrow for his half-sister, but Alex knows there’s more to it than that. Alex wants to protect himself and everyone else from Nick’s plans, but he needs to spend time with the man in order to figure out what he’s up to. And the more time they spend together, the more Alex realizes that his own attraction to Nick is far from resolved.

Nick is bent on revenge, Alex is trying to maintain his straight and conservative lifestyle, but neither of them can forget what they used to have and what they might, someday, be able to have again.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
Captcha

Shadow Valley

Title: Shadow Valley
Publication Date: October 15, 2012
Publisher: Carina Press
Format: e-book, audiobook
ISBN:
9781426894497 (e-book)
Price: $4.99 (e-book), $14.95; $17.95 (print)

Link: e-book, audiobook

What could be worse than having a long-over affair with your boss--the governor--hit the headlines? Professional and personal exile. Banished from the state capital to ride out the media storm in Shadow Valley, Montana, Megan Archer is tasked with promoting cooperation between local police and the federal agents investigating the area's drug trade.

When she's rescued from a near-drowning by handsome Joe Cody, Megan thinks things might be looking up. Until she finds out that her savior is an alleged drug kingpin and head of a notorious crime family. Yes, Joe has an edge, but the attraction between them is too intense to resist. She refuses to believe that the guy who saved her is a criminal.

Megan has a responsibility to the law, but in this case a job well done might mean Joe's downfall. And as Megan uncovers more secrets, it becomes clear that Joe's not the only one in town who can't be trusted. Something's rotten in Shadow Valley...
Old 02-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #15
Captcha

Title: The Pawn (Against the Odds Book One)
Publication Date: March 1, 2013
ISBN:
978-1-62380-397-1 (e-book); 978-1-62380-396-4 (print)

Adam Challoner was born a member of the wealthy elite, but he can’t forget that his power and comfort come from the suffering of the vast underclass—people oppressed by the very regime that keeps him safe. Living with that knowledge is uncomfortable to say the least. When Adam meets Remy Stone, his discomfort becomes intolerable.

Get in, seduce his target, give him all he could ever dream of, then get out—that’s Remy’s assignment. No man has ever been able to resist Remy before, but Adam Challoner is unlike any of Remy’s previous clients. In a world where Big Brother is always watching, Remy needs to perform his assigned duties in order to survive, but Adam seems to be as oblivious to that as he is to Remy’s charms.

Luckily, Remy’s determination to accomplish his mission piques Adam’s interest. But just when Remy’s hard work starts to pay off, a rebel bomb attack interrupts their would-be tryst. Unforeseen circumstances force them apart, then throw them back together. And just as they discover new reasons to live, they realize some things are worth dying for.