Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:25 AM   #2726
TedTheewen
President of the Cray Fan Club

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We had some rain/slush/snow here today. Bah!

Ok, so Spirit Halloween is having a 29% Off Sale today. Fun to check out. It's only 245 days until Halloween so we gotta get crackin' to make this place ready.

I've been on Netflix catching up on Archer episodes. Dear Gods that show is funny!

Old 03-01-2012, 04:29 AM   #2727
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Et tu, eh Ted?

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 AM   #2728
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So, I guess tonight is the last time that a lot of movies on NetFlix are going to be available due to some deal with a movie distributor. NetFlix is going to be concentrating on TV series now according to the report I heard.

Find my books on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fotsgreg
Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
WIPs: Dark Horizons, Hivers, The Bar, Gated

Last edited by FOTSGreg; 03-01-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:25 AM   #2729
TedTheewen

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Et tu, eh Ted?

*puts Bos in a giant snowglobe, seals it and shakes it like a giant screaming baby*

How's that? Anything else I can do?

Greg, did you feel the earthquake in Oklahoma or was it pretty far from you?

Old 03-01-2012, 06:05 AM   #2730
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yes, yes it is.

*looks out the window*

You need to shake harder, Ted. Nothing's happening here.

FleasTwits
Old 03-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #2731
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Pushed past the 24 thousand word mark on Third Pulse this evening. The MC has just lost a friend of 5 years to murder, another old friend on the police force is closing the trap on him and one of his closest allies in Golden Gate Park, and he has just confronted the antagonist, a villain of immense power, intelligence, and cunning from his past. Unfortunately, right now, even I don't know who the hell this guy is! Ack!

Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #2732
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Here was an earthquake? Really? I didn't feel a thing.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #2733
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post
Unfortunately, right now, even I don't know who the hell this guy is! Ack!
The butler.

Problem solved.

FleasTwits
Old 03-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #2734
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mr. Body actually, in the library with the wrench

Old 03-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #2735
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Pushed past the 24 thousand word mark on Third Pulse this evening. The MC has just lost a friend of 5 years to murder, another old friend on the police force is closing the trap on him and one of his closest allies in Golden Gate Park, and he has just confronted the antagonist, a villain of immense power, intelligence, and cunning from his past. Unfortunately, right now, even I don't know who the hell this guy is! Ack!
wow this sounds pretty damn awesome! My villains like to hide from me too... usually i dont find out who they are till my MC's do.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 03-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #2736
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
Mr. Body actually, in the library with the wrench
I must watch that movie again.

Soon.

FleasTwits
Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #2737
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's my favorite movie of all time, hell its been my favorite movie since i was 5. I could watch that on repeat all day and never get bored.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #2738
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Col. Mustard in the Library with a candlestick!

It can't be the butler. Max never had a butler. He was never that rich. He started his superhero career when he was about 26 years old. He accidentally killed a normal human while battling zombies the same day he got his powers.

The villain has got to be somebody from that first year. a cross between Prof. Moriarty, Jack The Ripper, and Heinrich Himmler. It's somebody close to him. So close it damned near destroyed him when he found out. So close he had trouble doing the right thing and putting the bastard in the ground when he had the opportunity.

Max has no siblings. All his close friends are dead. Who is this person?

Damnit.

Wait - I wonder... That person he killed on his first outing, the one who formed him into the hero he became - what if that person was never really killed. Maybe it was all a ploy, an accident of the Pulse that created the first superheroes, that thrust Max and his enemy together in that supposed "accident". Maybe it was all staged.

The villain is brilliant. He could have been responsible for the First Pulse, and staged the whole "accident" thing to cover up his activities. No one would have suspected at the time...

Last edited by FOTSGreg; 03-01-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #2739
amlptj

classmate, childhood friend that moved away, x-girlfriend????

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #2740
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

No, no. Total unknown to him at the time. It really was an accident, but the victim didn't know nor did he care. He's plotted, killed, deceived, and bought his way to power in the last 12 years and now he's finally in a position where he thinks he can't lose. He's fought the MC many times before and he's even, apparently, faked his own death by the MC's hand 6 years ago. But he's still that same original, accidental victim of a hero who was just beginning to learn how to control his powers - and he's kept the truth of all that secret for more than a decade.

Or, maybe it wasn't the victim of that accident. It was his brother, or a sister who then made herself up to look like her brother, or a close relative or lover. That's got real potential too.

Oh, yes. Revenge really is a dish best left to simmer a long, long time...

Old 03-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #2741
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

watching you talk to yourself like this is kind of amusing, Greg.

You know we have a sandbox section at AW. It's the kind you use for spitballing ideas like this, not the kind the cats use.

FleasTwits
Old 03-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #2742
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Well, sometimes it works, Bos. Sometimes I even talk back to myself. Sometimes the comments if others helps me work out problems with a story.

I've heard of the Sandbox. I might even have visited there once or twice, but I always thought it was more for fighting, like TIO, than brainstorming.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #2743
TedTheewen

Bos, be careful. At least it's not raining and freezing, which also is common for this time of year.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #2744
amlptj

I think I need the sandbox often but I feel awkward going on a rant about my book. Plus i write series, i can see that thread being one very very long explanation of past shit.

I should look at that place for this newest book i'm working on.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #2745
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
I've heard of the Sandbox. I might even have visited there once or twice, but I always thought it was more for fighting, like TIO, than brainstorming.
No, not at all. In fact, the Sandbox is expressly for brainstorming those ideas you have that you aren't entirely sure where they're going, or need some outside input on.

FleasTwits
Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #2746
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
TIO is for fighting? I thought it was for sidetracked threads, ones who got off topic.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #2747
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
No, not at all. In fact, the Sandbox is expressly for brainstorming those ideas you have that you aren't entirely sure where they're going, or need some outside input on.

And it's password protected now. Which is even better. I am so glad they did that. To me it always felt like a close cousin to SYW.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #2748
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good to know, though I've never been there [that I know of], and have no idea where it is.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #2749
bluntforcetrauma
Esquire

bluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #2750
elindsen
Some vampire love

elindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthood
Good morning all. I haven't been in here in ages. I used to hang but that was about a year ago lol. How is everyone?

Anais Morgan
Facebook
Blog

Burning Wings 26,029/50,000

Closed Thread