Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 05:50 AM   #201
zanzjan
May bite.
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
For anyone following, southern Vermont is in very rough shape, and several of their historic covered bridges have been washed away. Very sad and awful. My thoughts go out to my neighbors to the north. )-:

-Suzanne

Podcast! StarShipSofa 346

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
zanzjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #202
Puma
Retired and loving it!

Puma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My brother and his wife live on the south shore of Long Island - just about where Irene came ashore. They came through all right with one tree down and a lot of tree damage - plus no power (now back on). They consider themselves very fortunate. Puma
Old 08-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #203
Kweei
Expert Procrastinator

Kweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputation
Checking in...

My area was hit hard by wind. Like the Mid-Atlantic, New England is suffering hard with downed trees, thousands without power, and flooding. Vermont is getting nailed right now.

We got our power back after 12 hours, though most people are going to go much longer. We haven't really assessed the damage yet, but so far it looks like we have a tree uprooted and it took the fence with it.

Everyone stay safe!

Song of the Swallow

Me: Livejournal Twitter Blog Facebook Google+

Some people get plot bunnies. I get zombie plot goats that are unkillable. Tru Fax.
Kweei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:58 AM   #204
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hoping everyone makes it through unscathed.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #205
FrederickCross
figuring it all out

FrederickCross is on a distinguished road
Some people say we've been hit already and some people say we're gonna get hit in the next few hours. I suppose I'll know if my apartment gets torn apart
FrederickCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:29 AM   #206
Tedashii
practical experience, FTW

Tedashii is on a distinguished road
I don't live in the region where Irene's hitting. But some family up in Vermont is hit pretty bad though. Checking up on them.
Tedashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #207
VTwriter
Hair today, gone tomorrow

VTwriter is on a distinguished road
We escaped mostly unscathed in my part of Vermont. We had lots of flooded fields and roads, but little property and road damage.

In other parts of Vermont, bridges were destroyed and large sections of roads were washed out, including major thoroughfares. There are many places where people are isolated because all roads in and out of their area are impassable, if not gone altogether. The amount of damage is just mind-boggling.
VTwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #208
regdog
Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Glad you're okay

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #209
Puma
Retired and loving it!

Puma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I see poor Christchurch just got hit again with a pretty major quake. It's been a rough year down there. Puma
Old 12-23-2011, 06:04 AM   #210
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 12-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #211
Alessandra Kelley
Sophipygian
AW Moderator

Alessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh no, not again!

Are New Zealand members ok?

Alessandra Kelley, Fine Art, Illustration, and Egg Tempera Instruction
"Confessions of a Postmodern Pre-Raphaelite" -- my blog
Alessandra Kelley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #212
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Just saw that. Hope our N Zed friends are all right.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #213
Jhakka
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Jhakka is on a distinguished road
I'm supposed to be flying down to Christchurch for Christmas tomorrow

Not sure if that's happening now but everyone I know seems to be ok and that's all that matters to me. Quakes today have done more damage and more people injured but nothing as bad as February, thankfully.

Hope any other members who are from ChCh or who have friends or family there are ok too.
Jhakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #214
Izz
Doing the Space Operatic
AW Moderator

Izz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have friends in Kaiapoi that i'm yet to hear back from. I hope they're okay. They've already lost one house, from the Sept 2010 quake, so i'm also hoping their new house is okay.
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #215
Jhakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
I have friends in Kaiapoi that i'm yet to hear back from. I hope they're okay. They've already lost one house, from the Sept 2010 quake, so i'm also hoping their new house is okay.
Kaiapoi was pretty badly hit back in September, but I haven't heard anything about it so far with this one. My loved ones are in the eastern suburbs so looks like we will be spending Christmas shovelling liquefaction again but my flight is still going, and I just want to get there and give them a hug.

Hope your friends and their home are ok.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:10 AM   #216
Yeshanu
Elf Queen

Yeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Have a safe trip, Jhakka. My thoughts will be with you all in the days to come.
Yeshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #217
Jhakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshanu View Post
Have a safe trip, Jhakka. My thoughts will be with you all in the days to come.
Thanks. Made it there ok & found my loved ones all safe & sound, aftershocks take a bit of getting used to again but I'm just glad to be home. Take care everybody, regardless of where you are.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #218
aruna
On a wing and a prayer

aruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Glad to hear that you are loved ones are safe. Merry Christmas!

Facebook

Amazon US
Amazon UK
Barnes and Noble

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
- Gandhi
aruna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #219
regdog
Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Glad to hear you're okay, best wishes to the rest of our NZ family

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #220
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ok, so let's put a checkmark next to scary land disasters and call that done for awhile.

Glad you folks are ok!

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."

Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
Kobo Kindle Nook iBook
More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

“You’re inventing your own misery. You’re defining yourself by pettiness. You get 70 years to live and you are enjoying being angry.” -- Russell Howard

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Williebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 AM   #221
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just checking to make sure you guys are hearing from our Midwest USian folk, who've been pounded by storms and tornados the last few days.

Peeps okay out there?

Both my facebook scrabble buddies are deep in Tornado country, but they've also both taken their turns in the game, today, and they're beating the pants off me...so they're both okay.

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
MacAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #222
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Debbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hope they're doing well and are safe.

I understand southern Alabama is also under tornado watch while the CG is searching for their remaining crew member.
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #223
benbradley
Perspiring Whitey

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's still raining in Alabama and Georgia with tornado watches still up until 5AM (2+ more hours), but the weather guys say chances of tornadoes are diminished from earlier in the night. We did have several (like five or six) tornadoes in north Georgia with substantial destruction, though I didn't hear a report of anyone killed. Now it's just mostly more rain.

Current weather alerts for me at weather.com:
Flash Flood Warning
Tornado Watch
Flash Flood Watch
Local Pollen Alert

There was a fifth one earlier, I forget what it was.

Several from NaNoWriMo around Atlanta congregate on Twitter when there's a storm, and also two AW'ers tweeted at me about the storms.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #224
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

Stay safe, everyone.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

The Smiths

Old 03-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #225
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Northern Alabama here. It just missed us--torn up the yard somewhat and scattered the hay. Scared the hell out of the horses. But no injuries. Yay!

Tri
triceretops is offline   Reply With Quote