Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Western
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #12226
regdog
Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I missed my Sunstreaker

My Blog-The Character Assassination of Starscream

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #12227
Haggis
No longer green
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You were shiny though.
Miss Angel Chihuahua

Brand new blog post: I are smart
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #12228
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Does anyone have anything that I can ingest and pretend my meatspace life is the pretend one?

It like, doesn't even have to be strictly legal.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

bettielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #12229
regdog
Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Have you tried our rotgut?

Old 03-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #12230
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
<slides mug of something steaming and bubbling across bar to bettielee, slaps at something trying to crawl out of mug>

Here, bettielee. Just hold your nose and swallow it all down in one gulp.
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #12231
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

Wicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
Does anyone have anything that I can ingest and pretend my meatspace life is the pretend one?
Have a Pepsi. I have one every morning, and today I caught myself ogling a video game character. It would seem my pretend lines are really starting to blur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post
<slides mug of something steaming and bubbling across bar to bettielee, slaps at something trying to crawl out of mug>

Here, bettielee. Just hold your nose and swallow it all down in one gulp.
And if it doesn't make it down, don't forget to chew up the rubbery wriggly bits really fast.

Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #12232
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

Wicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Shoot me, I have writer's block. Or pass me some of that space slug coffee.

Grrr. I was making so much progress on my WIP, too. Sat down today, and my mind had turned to mush.

Fooled around online. Dallied with music. Ate unhealthy food. Still nothing.
Hubby suggested I go take care of my spiders to get my mind off of things. I did that, even chopped up some apple for the roaches.

I'm back.

Still mush.

Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #12233
KatieJ
I think I'm back....

KatieJ is a glorious beacon of lightKatieJ is a glorious beacon of lightKatieJ is a glorious beacon of light
Hi, folks!

It's snowing to beat the band out here, after being in the 80's a few days ago. But, I need a drink after editing the crap out of my western story. Seriously, it is crap-free now, perfect and shiny. well, not perfect, but betterer! If you want to look...

I also worked some more on my taxes, so I deserve a major break. I just can't bring myself to pay the gum'mint more damn money. It's enough to make a girl cry!

KatieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #12234
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Katie, where you been? We've missed you.
CDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #12235
regdog
Barricade
AW Moderator

She got snowed in and they wouldn't let her out.

I see since I found a paying gig, you guys haven't been keeping the place clean.

**Steps over empty bottles**

Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #12236
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What're you taking about? The place is as clean as it ever was
Old 03-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #12237
regdog
Barricade
AW Moderator

Not quite. The mess used to be ankle high. It was the only way we could keep the Marshal from getting lost. Now it's knee high.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #12238
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So, you think the Marshal's down there somewheres?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #12239
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

Oh not so, reg, not so. He's easy to find. He's usually hanging around the Cash register.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #12240
KatieJ
I think I'm back....

KatieJ is a glorious beacon of lightKatieJ is a glorious beacon of lightKatieJ is a glorious beacon of light
I missed you guys, too! I've been busy working.... the "plant your bottom in the chair" kind, not the "somebody actually pays you" kind!

It's almost bedtime, but I'll try to pop in tomorrow. Just to make sure you're not misbehaving, or if you are, I'm not missing any of the fun

Old 03-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #12241
KatieJ
I think I'm back....

See? I'm back and I missed no fun. At least no fun that was typed out for all and sundry to see

I seem to be on a different timetable that most of the cowpokes here, I guess I'll have to see if the station master can supply me with a new one.

We do have a station master, don't we?

Old 03-31-2012, 05:17 AM   #12242
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

I've been out all day. What've I missed?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:32 AM   #12243
KatieJ
I think I'm back....

crickets.....

oh, and a sagebrush blew through about an hour ago. I grabbed it and spray painted it gold. Purty, isn't it?

Old 03-31-2012, 05:34 AM   #12244
HarryHoskins
Straw-fed

HarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
I've been out all day. What've I missed?
Not much.

Cray inserted himself into Reg after a transformer failure. Haggis Burns Knighted himself. Wicked got all Peter Parker. KatieJ got grounded due to a tidal avatar. Fotsgreg's avatar crapped a dwarf gunfighter. Bettielee looked so delicate I dare not say anything about her.

I just hung about looking for a cuddle, and, by jingo, I'm glad you're here!

You need not mean what you say, but you must say what you mean - Afrit
HarryHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:36 AM   #12245
KatieJ
I think I'm back....

Oh, I'd have given you a cuddle, but if you'd rather Dan do it....

Old 03-31-2012, 05:37 AM   #12246
HarryHoskins
Straw-fed

HarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, if its a choice -- I gotta go cowboy (unless, of course, you have a Stetson and a convincing swagger)

Old 03-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #12247
KatieJ
I think I'm back....

Not a Stetson, but a Bailey I got at Shepler's last time I was in Oklahoma City.

As far as the swagger, no comment. You and Dan are both way too young for me, I'd have you for tea.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:58 AM   #12248
HarryHoskins
Straw-fed

Hmmm, too old, eh? What about me and Dan together? Mathematically I think there would be more than equilibrium.

HOWEVER!

Allow me now to change the subject before I get myself in trouble.

You ever notice how the Doors Riders on the Storm is a rip off (and improvement) of Ghost Riders in the Sky?

Or is it just me that watched the doco on BBC4 tonight?

Old 03-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #12249
KatieJ
I think I'm back....

It's not an improvement, I don't think

But it's good.

I don't get BBC4, but living so close to Canada, I get to watch CTV which is a lot better than most American stations. And, now with cable, most of us get BBC America. It's watered down BBC - programmers here must think we have itty-bitty brains.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #12250
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Bad avvie! Bad!

<shoots avatar>

That'll teach ya's.