Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Writing For Kids
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #651
MsJudy
practical experience, FTW

MsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
darn it...where'd I put my swimsuit?
Old 02-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #652
Smish
Reads more than she writes.
AW Moderator

Smish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Somebody pass the sunscreen. Smish becomes practically vampiric in the winter.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #653
MJWare
Kidlit gang, Junior member.

MJWare is a glorious beacon of lightMJWare is a glorious beacon of lightMJWare is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, my first Dirigible trip; I have always wanted to fly in a blimp (when I was a kid one of my babysitter's boyfriends was on the ground crew for the Goodyear blimp and I always hoped if I was good enough she'd take me for a ride).

Anyway, I'm bringing peanut butter cookies and Mai Tai's--I think Mai Tai's are more of a Pacific island thing, but I doubt anyone will complain and my culinary are limited to some basic baking and advanced mixology.

Thanks for the trip!!!
MJWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #654
sissybaby

sissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthood
well, I must forego the sun, so bring me a huge beach umbrella.

I'm bringing Nanaimo bars - just discovered these little jewels, and though I've never tasted one yet, they look and sound scrumptious.

Thanks for the ride, Timp. Looks tantalizing, and since it's dark and snowy here, I'm ready for a warm, sun-kissed breeze.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #655
swachski
bowing..

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey Timp! Just read your anthology story, From Antardigus-7, in the Absolute Visions Anthology. It's hilarious! Quick, fix the rift before more butterflies escape!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
swachski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #656
timp67
Guinea pig in the laboratory of God

timp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks, swachski!

THE BOY WHO HOWLED
from Bloomsbury USA Children's Books

timp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #657
timp67

timp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Tea and honey is being served in the veranda. The heater's turned up and Bach is on the headphones.

THE BOY WHO HOWLED

Old 03-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #658
starbeam

starbeam has a spectacular aurastarbeam has a spectacular aura
Tea and honey? Yay, I'm there! I brought some chocolate chip cookies if anyone wants them.
starbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #659
sissybaby

sissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthood
chocolate and if do not belong in the same sentence. Ever.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #660
Smish
AW Moderator

Smish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 04-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #661
Smish
AW Moderator

Hope nothing happens to our lovely party dirigible tomorrow... we've been in the air for one whole year...

Old 04-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #662
RuthD
careful...you'll end up in my novel

RuthD has earned our admirationRuthD has earned our admirationRuthD has earned our admirationRuthD has earned our admiration
My how time flies... (pun intended).
Old 04-01-2012, 02:04 AM   #663
sissybaby

I can't wait to see where he takes us next. Goose bumps!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #664
MsJudy

MsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Let's start with a Sunday brunch out on the veranda. (dirigibles do have verandas, right?)
Old 04-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #665
benbradley
Perspiring Whitey

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:23 AM   #666
timp67

I don't know about you guys, but I've been hankering for some grassy fun. Let's go barefoot and roll and run around and then head into town for a lovely bite at the local eatery.

And of course there's a verandah, Judy! Here's a partial view. There are comfy couches just out of sight.

THE BOY WHO HOWLED

Old 04-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #667
MsJudy

That is the perfect veranda.

*sigh*

I feel more civilized already.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #668
Smish
AW Moderator

Grass! Feels so nice between my toes...
Old 04-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #669
Smish
AW Moderator

Oh, no! While we've all been rolling around in the grass, the dirigible has disappeared!

Someone has stolen it.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #670
SheilaJG

SheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthood
Good thing we've got you on the case! Do you have any suspects? What about clues? We must find the dirigible! Timp just added that amazing veranda! Oh, the humanity!

Represented by Molly Ker Hawn of The Bent Agency
Twitter
SheilaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #671
SheilaJG

SheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthood
Hey, someone stole me avatar, too! Pirates, me thinks.

Represented by Molly Ker Hawn of The Bent Agency
Twitter
SheilaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #672
Smish
AW Moderator

Oh, no! You were hit by the avatar bandit!

I haven't seen MsJudy in awhile. And she certainly has motive. I mean, she never wants to share the milkshakes and brownies. She's the #1 suspect.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #673
timp67

My name is Power! And this is the Power Signal! I am on the case. WE WILL FIND OUR DIRIGIBLE.

THE BOY WHO HOWLED

Old 04-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #674
Smish
AW Moderator

Go get 'em, Captain Power!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #675
RuthD
careful...you'll end up in my novel

RuthD has earned our admirationRuthD has earned our admirationRuthD has earned our admirationRuthD has earned our admiration
Yeah, but MsJudy's avatar is missing, too. I wonder if the person who still has an avatar could be our culprit. Even if she looks like she is searching for clues...