Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #13751
Smiley0501
Lurker, now activated. :-)

Smiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for President
Happy release day, LOVE SUCKS & Sage!!!!

Of Fragile Things: agented and working on revisions
Repped by Carr1e H0wland of Donadio & Olson
Old 04-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #13752
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks, guys!

Now I'm stressing out about the reading at my release party tonight.

Love Sucks - Musa Publishing, B&N, Amazon
"Fireflies" - Absolute Visions

A Paranormal Bromance: Revising

Super/Human (Hero/Villain 2): NaNoWriMo

This week, I'm in: Connecticut and New Jersey
Old 04-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #13753
Dorothy
practical experience, FTW

Dorothy is a glorious beacon of lightDorothy is a glorious beacon of lightDorothy is a glorious beacon of light
Happy release day, Sage! All the best for LOVE SUCKS! Yippeeeeeeee!

MY SISTER'S REAPER (YA Urban Fantasy) out now from Month9Books
MY TETHERED SOUL releasing August 19, 2014.

Follow me on Twitter
Come like my fanpage

Check out my blog: We Do Write
Old 04-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #13754
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy release day

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #13755
Smiley0501

Smiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for President
My girlfriends just threw me a surprise birthday dinner Love them! I was so surprised (I thought we were out celebrating my friend's art being put up at the gallery)

Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #13756
JKRowley

JKRowley is on a distinguished road
Enjoy release day, Sage.

Tell me more about your release party. Is this at your house, or at a bookstore, or somewhere else?

Twitter - @MoonOverMadison
Blog - http://jillysbookblog.blogspot.com
Old 04-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #13757
Kitty27
So Goth That I Was Born Black
AW Moderator

Kitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
WERQ,Sage!

NIGHT CALLS(Finally have a title! )YA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy Novel,Coming 2014.
Vampire Writer 4 life and don't GAF.

"You've got to stop with this rap crap,Kitty. Put on some blues,gal! Feel that pain,soul and a good old time. Get with some Howling Wolf,Denise LaSalle and Johnny Taylor. Not that Snoopy boy or whatever his name is."
RC Wilcox,RIP

Old 04-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #13758
Netz
Freshly caught writing bug lives!

Location: The view from my stained glass window suggests by a moonlit lake someplace...
Netz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputation
Congrats, Sage! How was the release party?

Woot! Found out that Love Sucks is also available at the Amazon UK store, so I've downloaded it (I was worried cos I've been having slow broadband lately, but it seems to have downloaded fine). I've read a few pages - looking good!

...if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.
- William Goldman, The Princess Bride

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
Old 04-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #13759
Sage
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, yay, Netz! I was wondering about international Amazon sites because I know someone who wants to read it in South Africa. Hope you like it!

The release party went really well. It was at a cafe that has healthy food, alcohol and coffee, and lots of desserts. I read a short chapter from the book (which meant my face was red the rest of the night, lol...this also happens when I talk a lot, and as the guest of honor, that also happened). We played two games of exquisite corpse, which is where you write a sentence, then the next person writes another sentence building on yours, then folds over your sentence so the next person can only see the one that came before when they write the third sentence, and so on. It's fun to see what crazy stories come out of it. Then we read them out loud to everyone.

And of course, there was the chocolate fondue! Yum!

My friend brought me flowers, which I never get, so that was really exciting. And another friend brought me a framed picture of my cover.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #13760
Dorothy

Dorothy is a glorious beacon of lightDorothy is a glorious beacon of lightDorothy is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds awesome, Sage! How cool!

And my face would have been red all night too ... plus I would have been very, very sweaty. I sweat like crazy when I'm nervous, ugh! So embarrassing.

Follow me on Twitter
Come like my fanpage

Old 04-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #13761
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratz Sage!

Still in the planning stages over here, got my facebook account for the book set up and my Twitter feed [though I like FB better, just more used to it]. And then the website gets launched soon... *shakes head*

Goodreads

Old 04-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #13762
Smiley0501

It sounds like a complete blast, Sage. I am so excited it will be available on many formats. I need to get my hands ready to grad it

Old 04-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #13763
Stiger05

Stiger05 has earned our admirationStiger05 has earned our admirationStiger05 has earned our admirationStiger05 has earned our admiration
Sounds like fun, Sage! Even the face reddening reading part.

I'm definitely going to have to try corpse. We play a version with book or movie titles. The first person write the title, the next draws a picture and folds the page, the next tries to figure out the title from the picture, and so on until it gets back to the original person. Hilarity ensues!

Writing some stuff, editing some stuff, you know, the same old same old.

My blog
Twitter

Old 04-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #13764
Sage
AW Moderator

Haha, that sounds really fun. Way more elements to mess up for the next person. I could see me screwing up the drawing, or the guessing of a title just because I didn't even know the title, much less because I couldn't identify the drawing.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #13765
Rachel
Stuff and nonsense.

Rachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*post*

"You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have - arm yourselves!"
~ The Doctor.

Untitled awesome YA ~ need beta.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #13766
Smiley0501

Hi Rachel!

Eeeek! I just bought a birthday/college graduation dress!
I'm wearing it tomorrow despite the weather being freezing...I don't care its my birthday,I can do what I want tomorrow (lol!)

Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #13767
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy birthday in advance!!!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 05-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #13768
Dorothy

Happy birthday!

Follow me on Twitter
Come like my fanpage

Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #13769
Rachel
Stuff and nonsense.

Rachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy Birthday/ Happy College Graduation. I can't wait for graduation... how does it feel?

"You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have - arm yourselves!"
~ The Doctor.

Untitled awesome YA ~ need beta.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 AM   #13770
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

Yes, happy birthday!

Goodreads

Old 05-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #13771
JKRowley

JKRowley is on a distinguished road
Happy birthday/graduation. College graduation?

I have a feeling I am much older than the rest of you on the old people thread.

Twitter - @MoonOverMadison
Blog - http://jillysbookblog.blogspot.com
Old 05-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #13772
Sage
AW Moderator

"Old people" is pretty all-encompasing to mean "not a teen". There are and have been people of all ages in this thread.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #13773
Smiley0501

Thanks, everyone.
Can't believe its May 1st(birthday).
Can't believe I graduate in a few weeks.
Weird, weird, weird how time flies!

I am a little uneasy about this age, since it will be my first year not in some sort of school/education setting...but an adventure nonetheless, right?

Graduating college feels...weird. I'm ready and I'm not at the same time. I don't know who I am without school. I don't know who I am without my friends here. But I guess I will find out. I'm anxious because I don't have any job prospects and I am really freaking out about it. I'm anxious because I don't know who I am. I am anxious because I put so much pressure on myself for all of this.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #13774
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

It's only 9pm on Monday here. But happy birthday anyway

Goodreads

Old 05-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #13775
Dorothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRowley View Post

I have a feeling I am much older than the rest of you on the old people thread.
Nah, we're all young at heart - just look at what we write.

(And I'm in my 40's, so we really are a mixed-age bunch.)

Follow me on Twitter
Come like my fanpage

Closed Thread