Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Romance/Women's Fiction
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #1476
Erin
Listening to my other selves

Erin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for President
Lots of great sales recently!! Congrats everyone!

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #1477
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats, all. Calls for s
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 AM   #1478
Deb Kinnard
They agreed: "just friends."

Deb Kinnard leaves trails of profuse coolnessDeb Kinnard leaves trails of profuse coolnessDeb Kinnard leaves trails of profuse coolnessDeb Kinnard leaves trails of profuse coolnessDeb Kinnard leaves trails of profuse coolness
Yay-yay, V! Great news.
A QUIET KIND OF LOVE, indie coming soon for Kindle

An inspiration... ...I have a serious case of Grobanosis
Deb Kinnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #1479
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Galleys are finished and I just wrote the back cover blurb a few minutes ago. Artwork should be here in a day or so for The Wolfen Strain, a gender reversal of Beauty and the Beast. Target date release is next month.

Tri--glad we've come to the end.
triceretops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:24 AM   #1480
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hildegarde View Post
Pretty much announced this last month - but since I am now "official" with counter-signed contract and cover-art and such - MOI!

My debut release, Infamous, will be available June 4 from Crimson Romance.

Thanks for all the support getting here, everyone!
Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy C View Post
Congrats to everyone!

We've been having a rocking year on subsidiary rights! We've now sold French, Russian, Turkish, Hungarian and audio rights on the Blood Singer books! Most, if not all, are scheduled for release of the first book, Blood Song, this year.

Nothing quite like free money to pad the bank account. I love books that keep selling while I'm working on other stuff.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanessaNorth View Post
I signed my contract tonight for "two in Winter" to liquid silver press! Very excited!!!
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triceretops View Post
Galleys are finished and I just wrote the back cover blurb a few minutes ago. Artwork should be here in a day or so for The Wolfen Strain, a gender reversal of Beauty and the Beast. Target date release is next month.

Tri--glad we've come to the end.
Oh this sounds very cool. Congrats!

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Tifferbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #1481
san_remo_ave
Back at it

san_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudge
So very proud of y'all! Keep it up!

FORTNEY FOLLIES, a Regency romance series from Harlequin Historical Undone!
san_remo_ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:16 AM   #1482
elindsen
Some vampire love

elindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthood
Congrats to all on all the sales!

Anais Morgan
Facebook
Blog

Burning Wings 30,454/50,000

elindsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #1483
elindsen
Some vampire love

elindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthoodelindsen is a candidate for sainthood
Congrats everyone. Nice to see so many AWers getting deals!

Anais Morgan
Facebook
Blog

Old 05-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #1484
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just went to final judgement rounds in a contest that pays a nice little cash award. Editor said the whole board thought it was a very strong contender. I won't say anymore, lest I jinx the whole thing.

This was quite a shock. I only did this as a lark.

tri
Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #1485
VanessaNorth
Purple hair, not prose.

VanessaNorth is a glorious beacon of lightVanessaNorth is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Just went to final judgement rounds in a contest that pays a nice little cash award. Editor said the whole board thought it was a very strong contender. I won't say anymore, lest I jinx the whole thing.

tri
Sounds like a good shock! Yay!

Thanks everyone for the congrats, it's all moving along quickly now!
VanessaNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #1486
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

tri
Awesome! Good luck.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Tifferbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #1487
Erin
Listening to my other selves

Erin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for President
Woohoo! Good luck, Tri!

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #1488
Silver-Midnight
"We're all mad here" - Cheshire Cat

Silver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputation
Good luck, Tri.

Twitter
Silver-Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #1489
shameless
Superlative Type A

shameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admiration
Have been AWOL for a while. Apologies! Am drowning in edits, rewrites, and had to finish the fourth in the series by the end of April.

Congratulations on all the great news on sales!! Happy for all of you! And good luck, Tri!! Hope you kick butt!!

The Bottom Line and Signed, Sealed, Delivered on sale now!
Sealing the Deal ~ coming soon from Grand Central Forever Yours!

My website!
shameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #1490
Hildegarde
A newb in the fog

Hildegarde is well-respected
Congratulations, everyone! Inspiring to see so much good news - picks me up some days!

Socialite Meets Soccer Dad - Free on Kindle Unlimited
IrenePreston.com Read a Free Chapter

Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest
Hildegarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:32 AM   #1491
BarbaraSheridan
*insert catchy phrase here*

BarbaraSheridan has a spectacular auraBarbaraSheridan has a spectacular aura
Contract signed and forms all filled out for the book I thought would never get done Dreams, Deceptions & Desires, part of Decadent Publishing's Western Escape series. Mine is historical set in 1868 and gives a look at the folk who began the town of Freewill, Wyoming.

BarbaraSheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #1492
Silver-Midnight

Silver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputation
Congrats!!

Twitter
Old 05-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #1493
Ms. Jem
Love, Lust and Ghosts

Ms. Jem has a golden reputationMs. Jem has a golden reputationMs. Jem has a golden reputationMs. Jem has a golden reputationMs. Jem has a golden reputationMs. Jem has a golden reputation
Congrats, everyone!

Website | /Blog/Facebook

Amazon | Liquid Silver Books
Ms. Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #1494
VanessaNorth
Purple hair, not prose.

VanessaNorth is a glorious beacon of lightVanessaNorth is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraSheridan View Post
Contract signed and forms all filled out for the book I thought would never get done Dreams, Deceptions & Desires, part of Decadent Publishing's Western Escape series. Mine is historical set in 1868 and gives a look at the folk who began the town of Freewill, Wyoming.
Awesome! I love reading American historicals. (and whoa, mad respect for those who write them, I don't think I could)
VanessaNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #1495
elindsen
Some vampire love

Tri-congrats so far and good luck!

Barbara-congrats on the historical sale!

Anais Morgan
Facebook
Blog

Old 05-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #1496
BarbaraSheridan
*insert catchy phrase here*

BarbaraSheridan has a spectacular auraBarbaraSheridan has a spectacular aura
Thank you! This was was tough because only half was in a digital file. The bulk of it was written on paper and sadly it was "lost" / inadvertently tossed. I wasn't really able to recreate a couple key missing scenes (totally bummed as it was some great emotional stuff) but it turned out pretty well.

BarbaraSheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #1497
shameless
Superlative Type A

shameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraSheridan View Post
Thank you! This was was tough because only half was in a digital file. The bulk of it was written on paper and sadly it was "lost" / inadvertently tossed. I wasn't really able to recreate a couple key missing scenes (totally bummed as it was some great emotional stuff) but it turned out pretty well.

Glad it worked out!! I'd be crying my eyes out if I'd lost that much work! Although I've accidentally deleted a file or two before--especially one big research file.

My website!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #1498
shameless
Superlative Type A

I'm thrilled that I finished writing the fourth book in the Amazon Alliance and working on developmental edits for book 2.

Because I love my Siren publisher so much, I took this week to write a novella for her. Sent it in Thursday night, received an offer to publish Friday afternoon!! That has to be the fastest turnaround I've ever seen! Sooo happy she likes my work that much!!

My website!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #1499
triceretops
Super Browser

Dang, Barb, you resurrected a manuscript and filled in half of the blanks! Then sold it! OMG, way to go. I've lost four novels completely and it's heart-breaking. Don't know if I could ever go back to that timeline and bring them back to life.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #1500
Silver-Midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shameless View Post
I'm thrilled that I finished writing the fourth book in the Amazon Alliance and working on developmental edits for book 2.

Because I love my Siren publisher so much, I took this week to write a novella for her. Sent it in Thursday night, received an offer to publish Friday afternoon!! That has to be the fastest turnaround I've ever seen! Sooo happy she likes my work that much!!
That's awesome news, shameless.

Twitter