Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #3551
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Where'd every body go? Hope yo' all havin' a good night or zzzzzzz'in'! mornin' s 4 y'all!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #3552
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Exactly what I was wondering Susie, where did everyone go?

I almost fell down the stairs the cat whipped around and stared at me like I was disturbing her. So sorry my twisted ankle interrupted your day, cat.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #3553
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
yeah, aren't cats just the most sympathetic creatures?

I tell you what... I'm tired. I guess getting up earlier is helping me go to bed earlier...

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #3554
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
I tell you what... I'm tired. I guess getting up earlier is helping me go to bed earlier...

Noooo this is horrible news. Break the cycle!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #3555
alleycat
Beware.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm still behaving.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #3556
andreea
Yeeeesss??

andreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I'm still behaving.
So do I, but no one believes me either.

Also, good morning, funners. What's everybody up to today?

We're celebrating Labour Day here, and it's a bank holiday. Therefor I'm at work.

Nonsense can be found here.

Last edited by andreea; 05-01-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #3557
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

I always labor on labor day...I labor on all the other days too...
Old 05-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #3558
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You just inspired me to use the following line (if I can) in a piece of fiction at some point:

"I was in labour right up until his 6th birthday."

The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #3559
alleycat
Beware.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy Labour Day!

Old 05-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #3560
Cliff Face

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay! Labour Day!

What's this day in honour of, anyway? Manual labourers?

Meanwhile, I don't think it's Labour Day down here anyway.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #3561
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Face View Post
You just inspired me to use the following line (if I can) in a piece of fiction at some point:

"I was in labour right up until his 6th birthday."

Do EEEEET
Old 05-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #3562
andreea
Yeeeesss??

andreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Happy Labour Day!
Thank you. I'll top it off with a root canal later on today.

Nonsense can be found here.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #3563
Cliff Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post
Do EEEEET
Come to think of it, I don't really have any mothers or expecting mothers in any of my WIPs right now...

Probably because I have no idea how to write children.

So it might be a while before I can use that line...
Old 05-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #3564
Cliff Face

Although it might be just the reason I need to write a contemporary family comedy.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #3565
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Face View Post
Come to think of it, I don't really have any mothers or expecting mothers in any of my WIPs right now...

Probably because I have no idea how to write children.

So it might be a while before I can use that line...
Who said she was giving birth to a child???
Old 05-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #3566
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hey, all, great to 'c' yah. Have a terrific day mah granchittlens! s s!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #3567
alleycat
Beware.
SuperModerator

It's also May Day.

But don't yell that too loudly, else the rescue squad with come and knock down your door.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #3568
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

Location: There's a classical music concert going on in my head!
MrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning House of May Merriment and Mirth.

Or something like that.

My new blog:
https://iwritepsychicwitness.wordpre...ink-of-an-eye/

I tweet: @PsychicWitness
@4paths2wellness

My website: www.4pathstowellness.com
Old 05-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #3569
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning funners.
I see you're doing your rug imitation again, AC.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #3570
alleycat
Beware.
SuperModerator

You're labouring under a misconception.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #3571
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mornin all!

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a ....

Dern, I hate those jingles that just won't leave your brain alone!

http://honeyboudreaux.weebly.com/

There are people who live in a dream world,
There are people who live in reality,
Then, there are those who turn one into the other.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #3572
alleycat
Beware.
SuperModerator

Have a Coke!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5iU66KdM0k

(By the way, the singer used to be my neighbor . . . until she was in a car accident.)

Old 05-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #3573
CassandraW
undead ax baby

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybug View Post
Mornin all!

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a ....

Dern, I hate those jingles that just won't leave your brain alone!
Oh, how I HHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTE that commercial and that song. I haven't heard it in a while, but I'm going to hold a grudge against Jennifer Hudson for a long time to come.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #3574
alleycat
Beware.
SuperModerator

That could be a fun game. Name the TV commercial you hate the most, past or current.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #3575
CassandraW
undead ax baby

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
That could be a fun game. Name the TV commercial you hate the most, past or current.
Oh, dear -- there are so many to choose from. Those Geico commercials with the horrible squealing pig are probably the very worst, if you put a gun to my head. But it's a hard call. I do loathe the "It's a new day..." Weight Watchers commercials so very much. Oh, and those Activia commercials with Jamie Lee Curtis talking about women's bowels. (Actually, most yogurt commercials are annoying, for some reason.) And those Progressive commercials with Flo in them. Oh lordy, and jewelry commercials -- "Every kiss begins with Kay" "He went to Jared!" Just shoot me now, please.

*feels like a great weight has been lifted off her shoulders*
Closed Thread