Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Sports and Fitness
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #126
Hathor
Goddess of Rationalization

Hathor is a splendid one to beholdHathor is a splendid one to beholdHathor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
Uh oh. Perhaps I should stay out of this thread. I'm a true blue Rangers fan. *sneaks away*
Well, at least you aren't a Pens fan. (I suppose that comment will bring one forth...)

Anyone know what's gotten into the Kings?
Hathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #127
lbender
practical experience, FTW

lbender is a shiny, shiny jewellbender is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Uh oh. Perhaps I should stay out of this thread. I'm a true blue Rangers fan. *sneaks away*
It's okay. Nothing wrong with that. Not a bad team. They're doomed to disappointment, but I'm sure you can deal with that.
lbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #128
Snappy
A new year, a new avatar

Snappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbender View Post
It's okay. Nothing wrong with that. Not a bad team. They're doomed to disappointment, but I'm sure you can deal with that.
Yeah, since 1995, I've gotten used to it. Break my heart every year.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:14 AM   #129
lbender

lbender is a shiny, shiny jewellbender is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Yeah, since 1995, I've gotten used to it. Break my heart every year.
Remember Messier
lbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:05 AM   #130
Gilroy Cullen
Gilroy's Unlicensed Therapy Center

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
No need to leave. We believe in lively discussion.

Braving SYW:
Poetry Crit

A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Gilroy Cullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:07 AM   #131
Gilroy Cullen

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by randi.lee View Post
GO HABS!
That they did! Right out of the playoffs and back home to nurse their wounds. Maybe next year.

Braving SYW:
Poetry Crit

Old 05-06-2012, 02:40 AM   #132
denja
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

denja is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

hello hockey fans!
I am a big hockey fan, I support Penguins since my childhood, itīs my favorite club but I love all canadian teams too, Oilers, Leafs and Canucks the most, unfortunately none of them is in playoffs, what do you think who will be 2012 Stanley cup winner?
denja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #133
Gilroy Cullen

Until last night, I was seeing Kings - Caps as the finals...

Now... maybe Kings - Devils, cause I think even if the Rangers beat the Caps, they won't get past Jersey, who I expect will finish off the Flyers.

Braving SYW:
Poetry Crit

Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #134
Alpha Echo
The Future is Bright

Alpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My husband's been watching b/c we're in Northern VA and DC fans. The Caps have one more chance tomorrow. Here's hoping!
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible"
T.H Lawrence

Alpha Echo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #135
Hathor

Hathor is a splendid one to beholdHathor is a splendid one to beholdHathor is a splendid one to behold
Maryland burbs here. The problem of hoping is they rip your heart out. Maybe we should despair. Then they'll win.

A Cap/Flyers division final would be nice. There's so much animosity now with what's going on with the Nats/Phillies. (I went to one of the "Our Park" games last weekend. Insanely loud. Went to dinner in Eastern Market just go I could sit among the sad-faced Phillies fans. You know, the sort of folks who would cheer when Jayson Werth broke his wrist the next day. Okay, I'm off-topic...) That matchup's looking unlikely, though.

As I asked before, what's with the Kings all of a sudden?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #136
TheBuckMopsHere
Just a dude with a song in his head

TheBuckMopsHere is on a distinguished road
The Kings were supposed to be pretty good this year. I thought they'd win that division, but they couldn't score to save their lives. Looks like the Carter trade really helped and now their big guys are stepping up.

The Devils snuck up on me. I have to admit I've had a bias against them since they were the catalyst for the dead puck era of the 90s, but they look real good. Devils/Kings I think would be a crazy Finals, but I still think the Caps can pull it off vs the Rangers so who knows.
TheBuckMopsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #137
denja

this season is full of surprises for me but thatīs what it makes more amazing, personally I bet the Kings, although I am a bit sad that Jack Johnson was traded to the Blue Jackets before this big success of the Kings, but thatīs hockey world...
Old 05-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #138
Hathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuckMopsHere View Post
... I still think the Caps can pull it off vs the Rangers so who knows.
Who knows, indeed? I had lunch with a couple Rangers fans. It seems like each fan base expects doom. Can't both be right.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #139
TheBuckMopsHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathor View Post
Who knows, indeed? I had lunch with a couple Rangers fans. It seems like each fan base expects doom. Can't both be right.
One step closer for ya there. Game 7 should be wild. I do like the Caps here. They did it to Boston in Round 1. Why not again? I have to tip my cap to Ovechkin. Dude clearly isn't a big fan of playing defense and his coach makes him pay for it by giving him less minutes, but he's making that time count by scoring big, big goals. I'm just bummed we have to go through two full days of nothing before that game.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #140
Hathor

Well, I don't. I have Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez to watch pitch. (And plenty of ranting about Davey Johnson not putting in the lineup I think he should ) Nice to take my mind away from the Caps miserable playoff history. (Wash Post headline this morning: Capitals Survive To Play At Least One More Game.)
Old 05-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #141
denja

is here anybody watching World Championships in Finland and Sweden?
Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #142
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

. . .anybody watching World Championships in Finland and Sweden?
Can't. . . still mourning the Red Wings. . .

That was my first mistake.
/my little blog/

kkbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #143
Gilroy Cullen

*le sigh* So much for the hopes of the season. Caps fall in 7 to Rangers.

Suspect that it will be Devils - Kings in the finals still. I think the Caps wore Lundquist out by taking them to seven games. Then again Brodeur is not exactly a young buck out there. So we have to wait and see... I would have loved to see a 7 seed and an 8 seed in the finals, though.

Ah well. Always next year.

Braving SYW:
Poetry Crit

Old 05-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #144
denja

Canada out, loss to Slovakia
Old 05-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #145
TheBuckMopsHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by denja View Post
Canada out, loss to Slovakia
Oof, then USA loses with seconds left. People who watched the games said the refs were awful in both games. Fact or fiction?
Old 05-18-2012, 03:37 AM   #146
Gilroy Cullen

Did the US use the Capitals Defense strategy?

Braving SYW:
Poetry Crit

Old 05-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #147
Hathor

Do you think even the Capitals will continue the Capitals Defense strategy next year? I was feeling optimistic...then Hunter quit. All we need is another system.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #148
denja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuckMopsHere View Post
Oof, then USA loses with seconds left. People who watched the games said the refs were awful in both games. Fact or fiction?
refs are poor this world champs but I am very disapointed because of Canada and USA, Canada was so bad in quaterfinals 1 and 3 period I just said to myself "What is it?" it wasnīt Canada I donīt know what happened and the US earned 8 seconds before the end of the third, I thought that the heart attack caught me at that time, yesterday was probably the worst day in hockey for me, I think that when Pens loss to Flyers was even better for me to get over than this
Old 06-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #149
Gilroy Cullen

Kings were up 3 games to none, then lose 3 to 1 last night.

Are they choking? Will they continue to be a cupless team?
(Like the other 15 teams out there whom the refs won't let into the finals...)

Braving SYW:
Poetry Crit

Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #150
dogfacedboy

dogfacedboy is on a distinguished road
Not sure if the Kings are choking, but I'm happy to see the Devils making it tougher on them. I hate it when any championship series is a sweep.

I'd prefer to see the Devils win the series, but it's pretty unlikely and I suppose it won't make that much difference to me either way. I'm still hoping against hope that Parise will sign with the Bruins next year. And I think Jarred Stoll is a free agent this offseason as well. He'd be a nice fit in Boston.