Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #6226
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Too much smiling sweetly.

Perhaps if she'd smiled saltily or with a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #6227
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD View Post
Or with nuts?

Quote:
Boy Skwirrel has been started on a path to better allergy/asthma control. Moving would also solve the problem but I don't see that happening right now.

Girl Skwirrel has been signed up for the gifted program for next year - with a point score nearly twice the minimum for acceptance. The counselor assures me Ms. Girl will consistently be challenged enough to actually do the work in this program.

Quote:
My brain feels like pureed squash.

Ugh.
Your brain is giving me a stomachache.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #6228
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
Or with nuts?
Nuts are always good.

Quote:
Your brain is giving me a stomachache.
Yes, sorry about that. Pureed squash brains do that.

Keeps the zombies away though.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #6229
slcboston
Just What It Says on the Label

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Reminds me, I think I'm having steak and spinach salad for dinner...

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 05-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #6230
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Nuts are always good.
I could so easily insert a puerile joke here, but I will refrain from doing so.

You can make your own jokes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #6231
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, oh! <raises hand>

Nobody does puerile like I do...

<hands the Skwirrel a spork>
Old 05-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #6232
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Quote:

Reminds me, I think I'm having steak and spinach salad for dinner...
More like this or this.

smiles sweetly.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #6233
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL Hegel View Post
More like this or this.

smiles sweetly.
Sweet?

Quote:
Quote:
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 AM   #6234
slcboston
Just What It Says on the Label

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
DL has her own anthem? Who knew.

She's going to kill me for that, isn't she?

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 05-02-2012, 04:46 AM   #6235
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
<hears the theme song from Jaws>

She's behind me again, huh?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:17 AM   #6236
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Awesomeness.

Quote:
DL has her own anthem? Who knew.

She's going to kill me for that, isn't she?
I worry that BW knows me too well.

Yes, she will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post

Sizes up Greg and goes to fetch a cook pan.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:20 AM   #6237
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

<looks for exit venues>

I won't fit in a..., wait..., you're not gonna'...

<exits stage right>
Old 05-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #6238
BigWords
Geekzilla

Keep.

Yourselves.

Busy.

Seriously...

I mean it.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #6239
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

BriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthood
Still no reply from Ted. I might try calling him again, but I don't want to be annoying. Anyone check up on his facebook and then just forget to mention?

Old 05-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #6240
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Debbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL Hegel View Post
Sizes up Greg and goes to fetch a cook pan.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #6241
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Debbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Just started the first one.
I'll listen to it while I watch DL scramble up some Greg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMaresh View Post
Still no reply from Ted. I might try calling him again, but I don't want to be annoying. Anyone check up on his facebook and then just forget to mention?

Yes, call him!

Do it.

Do it.

I don't have him on my fb or i'd poke him mercilessly.
You have to do that too, Bri.

Do it.

Do it.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #6242
BigWords
Geekzilla

I've not got him on FB, or I would go bug him as well...

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #6243
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

BriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthood
Just talked to Ted. He's fine. He's lost his internet connection, so he won't be around a bit. He misses us, and has TRIED to get online, but hasn't had any success yet. I'm supposed to say:

"Between car problems and everything else, I lost my interent, struggling to get it back." He's "still gainfully employed, but he's had to reduce his trolling to real life trolling events." He "trolls at work a lot." But "I do miss everybody."

Sara - "I totally miss the sparkles, I need some sparkles, but I can't get none. Need sparkles, must have sparkles."

Also, "give everyone hugs for me."

So, that's good news. Ish. Ted will return, hopefully soon.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #6244
BigWords
Geekzilla

Does he need anything in the meantime?

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #6245
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

He said he had things figured and that they were going to get better soon. I'm not sure he would level with me if it weren't true, though. I can call again soon and ask if there's anything he needs from us. He didn't have any other messages to pass on, so I hope that means he expects to be here himself, soon.

Soon is such an evil word.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #6246
BigWords
Geekzilla

Give him a week to get things sorted, and if he isn't good by then we can figure out how to drag him back. Nobody escapes the clutches of the Hounds...

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #6247
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

I escape for months at a time. It's this damn inhibitor chip that keeps bringing me back. Can't seem to make zombies on my own, gotta come here to get my fix.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #6248
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

If you rep him pretty girl pictures, he responds usually. I don't know why.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #6249
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Persistance pays Clear case of a good stalking!

Cooties to Bri!!

err, kudos. Sowies, you have cooties now.

Well next time you talk to Ted, let him know I miss his windowless van of candy.

candy

candy

candy
Old 05-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #6250
BigWords
Geekzilla

Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread