Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #13076
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Idle hands... Devil's work... If this continues I'll be forced to be all productive and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #13077
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

CAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Thumbs up Thanks

Cantina birthday wishes =

Author Site | Review Blog | Facebook | @ChelseaVBC

Latest Write Like a Fighter Post: 5 Reasons We Punch People in the Face (and Alternatives for More Interesting and Accurate Fight Scenes)
Old 05-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #13078
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This is hilarious.

Blog

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: revising

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:

10s
Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 AM   #13079
unruley700
save us from sleep and what we are

unruley700 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsunruley700 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsunruley700 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsunruley700 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsunruley700 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsunruley700 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsunruley700 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsunruley700 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
Morning, all! I'm going to finish this first draft today if it kills me. Which, hopefully it won't because I have another few drafts to go.
You better not die! I wanna ready the sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
The vein on my forehead is going to explode in a torrent of blood if I have to explain the difference between kilts and skirts again... It'll turn the Cantina into a scene from Evil Dead.
You're gonna cut off your hand and put a chainsaw on to it? That's a little overboard, don't ya think?

Jack, Jinn & Gumbo
Old 05-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #13080
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
My husband was all, "WTF are you listening to?"

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
The Misadventure of Abigail Quinn
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 05-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #13081
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwriter View Post
My husband was all, "WTF are you listening to?"
And you couldn't stop laughing?

Blog

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: revising

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:

10s
Old 05-02-2012, 02:18 AM   #13082
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
this is surprisingly interesting.

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 7/21/14: Errand Part 2

Old 05-02-2012, 03:07 AM   #13083
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by unruley700 View Post
You're gonna cut off your hand and put a chainsaw on to it? That's a little overboard, don't ya think?
It beats being boring...

Quote:
Quote:
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:15 AM   #13084
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

What a busy day at work! But I got sooo much done, so I'm happy.

I'm just exhausted, though. Little loud cat spent the night being loud, thus my sleep wasn't that great. He seems to have gotten over whatever that was all about, though.

Oh, and kilts rock. Just saying.

I have no interesting links to share at the moment.

Coming August 19th: Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 AM   #13085
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
And you couldn't stop laughing?
"Fleeing in horror" is the action you're looking for there.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 05-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #13086
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
GAIS,

I gotta get better. Being off work is nice, but if I don't work, I don't get paid. I have a feeling that I'm not progressing as fast as I typically should for taking antibiotics.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 05-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #13087
Shoeless
practical experience, FTW

Shoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Idle hands... Devil's work... If this continues I'll be forced to be all productive and stuff.
That... that avatar is a Scottish Judge, is it not?

Man, I am out of the loop on what's been going on with 2000AD...
Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #13088
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post

If it isn't, it should be, and I kick myself for not having seen it sooner.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #13089
BigWords
Geekzilla

Quote:

It is. And FWIW, the character is from... ten years ago? More? I really need to check up on that. The newer material still kicks an unholy amount of ass, and manages to shock even me now and again (and that is some feat).

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #13090
amergina
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
GAIS,

I gotta get better. Being off work is nice, but if I don't work, I don't get paid. I have a feeling that I'm not progressing as fast as I typically should for taking antibiotics.

Is does sound like you picked up a nasty bug. Talk to the Dr. again?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 AM   #13091
Shoeless

Shoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
It is. And FWIW, the character is from... ten years ago? More? I really need to check up on that. The newer material still kicks an unholy amount of ass, and manages to shock even me now and again (and that is some feat).
Annnnd this is what I get for focusing too much on American comics.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #13092
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
GAIS,

internet time is weird... didn't you just like... get antibiotics yesterday? Am I wrong?

*pat head* there, there!

*lysols hand*

Holy crap. I think this gothic romance is gonna be edited between today and tomorrow.... the urban fantasy is probably pissed, that thing took 3 months and is still shite....

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 05-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #13093
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Get moar sleep too TJ

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 AM   #13094
BigWords
Geekzilla

Quote:
Annnnd this is what I get for focusing too much on American comics.
This hopefully doesn't sound too pretentious, though it will probably be taken the wrong way by some folks - I am completely "meh" about superheroes. I love, love, love all the old westerns (Gaylord DuBois is a legend, the Gold Key westerns are brilliant, and nearly everything which came out of Fawcett is eminently readable), the mystery stuff is great, and I have a special place in my heart for the early funnies (the successors to the newspaper strip reprints), but superheroes? Nope. Spider-Man (especially late sixties and early seventies) is idiotic beyond words, and Superman (especially so from the mid-fifties on) is utterly unreadable most of the time.

I suppose it is my own fault for having read all the best stuff first...

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #13095
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post

Is does sound like you picked up a nasty bug. Talk to the Dr. again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
internet time is weird... didn't you just like... get antibiotics yesterday? Am I wrong?

*pat head* there, there!

*lysols hand*

Holy crap. I think this gothic romance is gonna be edited between today and tomorrow.... the urban fantasy is probably pissed, that thing took 3 months and is still shite....
Yes, I did get the drugs yesterday, but I got a whole day's worth of bug killers in my system and usually I feel so much better that morning after and I'm not so much.

If I'm not improved by tomorrow morning, I'll be visiting the doctor again.

I probably need a nap too!

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 05-02-2012, 04:14 AM   #13096
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
As a Clarkson, a proud sept member of Clan Cameron, let me state for the record that KILTS ARE SMEXY!!!! And dont' let anyody tell you different!!

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 7/21/14: Errand Part 2

Old 05-02-2012, 04:20 AM   #13097
BigWords
Geekzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
As a Clarkson, a proud sept member of Clan Cameron, let me state for the record that KILTS ARE SMEXY!!!! And dont' let anyody tell you different!!
*clears throat*

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 AM   #13098
amergina
AW Moderator

I'm not Scottish, but I do get to wear the Carnegie tartan.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:06 AM   #13099
amergina
AW Moderator

I killed it!

Well, I am falling asleep at the laptop anyway. Night, all!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #13100
BigWords
Geekzilla

Sleep well.

Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread